Status
Not open for further replies.

m3th1dz

In way over his head
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
Philadelphia
So would I.... But I don't want or need to be preached at about the virtues of owning a REO. Or the sins of buying a clone. I want advise not opinions. All I wondered is, do the spare parts sold on the REOS site for REOS mods fit the clone? Yes or no.

So far, my clone has been bullet proof. I'd buy another. BUT, I see the parts and parts kits on the, Reos, site. I'll bet they wear out. (probably why Rob has them on his page). I look at my clone, say well that leaf IS kinda flimsy. I wonder if that stuff will fit my clone? I wonder are those part any better than just buying another clone, if the need ever arises? I wonder if some that stuff could be used to make a Franken mod? I wonder if those button caps will fit?

But no you gotta wade through the Fan Boy, Reo or anticlone, take your pick, BS to get a helpful answer. Somebody has both.. such a somebody might lokk at the 2 mods and compare.. Just saying.

You do realize that the Fan boy, Reo, or anticlone BS was caused by your 600% premium remark. You brought this on yourself. You bought a clone because you don't feel the authentic is worth the money but you think the parts are? Kinda funny

But lets forget every other post after your original question and I will answer the question of whether the authentic parts will fit in your clone.

Ready?

Answer: No. The parts for an authentic reo will not work for the clone. You need to obtain the parts for the clone from the manufacture that made the clone. Good luck with that. You want to buy a clone then you should have to buy clone parts simple as that.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
This probably wouldn't be the smartest thing to do...actually... He would probably get skewered by several people over there just like the last few people that mentioned them in Rob's forum...

Your off by a pretty good percentage there!!!

Haven't had to replace anything on my 2yr old grand yet... Probably won't have to either, because its a quality device...

As someone else pointed out already, you get what you pay for... Buy cheap and end up with cheap quality...and have to buy more to replace the cheap parts it was made with...

Thousands of clone REO's sold when they became available , most reviews say they work fantastic .

Reactions: beckdg

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
You do realize that the Fan boy, Reo, or anticlone BS was caused by your 600% premium remark. You brought this on yourself. You bought a clone because you don't feel the authentic is worth the money but you think the parts are? Kinda funny

But lets forget every other post after your original question and I will answer the question of whether the authentic parts will fit in your clone.

Ready?

Answer: No. The parts for an authentic reo will not work for the clone. You need to obtain the parts for the clone from the manufacture that made the clone. Good luck with that. You want to buy a clone then you should have to buy clone parts simple as that.

I heard the exact opposite actually , they do indeed fit and work perfectly on the clone , will look for those posts .

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Thousands of clone REO's sold when they became available , most reviews say they work fantastic .
Somehow I question this, (but lets just say for argument sake this is true), my guess would be the majority of them have failed in one way or another and that is why there is not more people posting about them... Long story short, they must be a quality device since so many people have them, are talking about them, and using them... I think not!!! It is merely nothing more than a failed attempt by China to dig into the USA market of quality devices...

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Somehow I question this, (but lets just say for argument sake this is true), my guess would be the majority of them have failed in one way or another and that is why there is not more people posting about them... Long story short, they must be a quality device since so many people have them, are talking about them, and using them... I think not!!! It is merely nothing more than a failed attempt by China to dig into the USA market of quality devices...

Why am i not even remotely surprised by that response LOL . To the OP , the ONLY non interchangeable part is the firing assembly . All other parts fit the clone perfectly .

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Why am i not even remotely surprised by that response LOL . To the OP , the ONLY non interchangeable part is the firing assembly . All other parts fit the clone perfectly .
meaning the contacts? I think that's the part he is having problems with. I would think, as simple as it is, the contact would be interchangeable.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
So the million dollar question is why isn't everyone talking about them anymore? How's that thread of yours doing lately that you started for the clone? I'm sure its one of the top threads on ECF since there are so many people using this device, right?

Reactions: fishwater

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
So the million dollar question is why isn't everyone talking about them anymore? How's that thread of yours doing lately that you started for the clone? I'm sure its one of the top threads on ECF since there are so many people using this device, right?

Oh i see, didn't realize you must talk about them all the time to verify , thanks for that , good to know.

m3th1dz

In way over his head
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
Philadelphia
Off topic....I'm going to buy a really good dog collar for my mutt....then I'm going to enter him in the Westminster.
Way way way off topic. But I love your sense of humor (I'm being serious just incase anyone thinks I'm being a D..... lol )

I'm also going to make a prediction. I'm going to say that this thread is probably about 8 replies form being closed. [emoji13]

fishwater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2015
New Hampshire
I think the point is that the clone is so good that it doesn't need spare parts. Also probably why it's better than paying the 600% premium for the real deal. The real deal must be so prone to failure that's why the modder makes every item necessary to repair & service. Yeah, yeah, that's the ticket!

And @Asbestos4004 I've got a clone collar available for your mutt, it's worth every penny, promise....

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
I think the point is that the clone is so good that it doesn't need spare parts. Also probably why it's better than paying the 600% premium for the real deal. The real deal must be so prone to failure that's why the modder makes every item necessary to repair & service. Yeah, yeah, that's the ticket!

And @Asbestos4004 I've got a clone collar available for your mutt, it's worth every penny, promise....

If the authentic is sooooooo good...... Why are there parts made and sold for IT???? Logic says, if there is need for rebuild kit with the ORIGINAL, then the Clone will surely need one. There is no rebuild kit FOR the clone, therefore must not require one. Says more about the longevity of the Original than the clone.

Reactions: herb

KentA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2015
Adirondack Mountains
If the authentic is sooooooo good...... Why are there parts made and sold for IT???? Logic says, if there is need for rebuild kit with the ORIGINAL, then the Clone will surely need one. There is no rebuild kit FOR the clone, therefore must not require one. Says more about the longevity of the Original than the clone.
Well let's take just the negative contact spring for example-- It is made with gold, & is designed to melt if there is a short. If this "fuse" does save your face, it will cost $5 to replace.

Does the clone have this safety feature? If your fake battery melts down & throws your spring into the woods, will you order another?

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
yet, here you are looking for spares for your clone......interesting.

What's your point again?

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
It looks like they would fit, I'll post a picture of the two in a moment. They are not identical but I slid my REO bar onto my clone and it fit, though I didn't put it all the way together and try it out. So probably yes, but don't take that as gospel.

The actual REO bar is noticeably less flimsy.
So would I.... But I don't want or need to be preached at about the virtues of owning a REO. Or the sins of buying a clone. I want advise not opinions. All I wondered is, do the spare parts sold on the REOS site for REOS mods fit the clone? Yes or no.

So far, my clone has been bullet proof. I'd buy another. BUT, I see the parts and parts kits on the, Reos, site. I'll bet they wear out. (probably why Rob has them on his page). I look at my clone, say well that leaf IS kinda flimsy. I wonder if that stuff will fit my clone? I wonder are those part any better than just buying another clone, if the need ever arises? I wonder if some that stuff could be used to make a Franken mod? I wonder if those button caps will fit?

But no you gotta wade through the Fan Boy, Reo or anticlone, take your pick, BS to get a helpful answer. Somebody has both.. such a somebody might lokk at the 2 mods and compare.. Just saying.
The button caps from REO will not fit the clone, unless you also replace the button itself. The clone button is about 2mm(maybe less) smaller in diameter than the authentic, so no on the button caps unless you want to glue it in place maybe. The REO button will fit in the clone, though it is very snug and I can't guarantee it wouldn't cause issues.

Also, the door to my REO will fit on my clone, the door to my clone won't fit on my REO, probably due to the paint on the edges.
Keep in mind that the positive contacts available for sale are upgrades from the original one of a few years ago. Also, people can destroy just about anything, so even if it's meant to last for decades, someone will wear it out in less than a year.

With the clone, many of the pieces seem like they would be interchangeable, but that doesn't mean all will be. The positive contact does look like it would take a replacement from REO, and the REO one should last much longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread