Not open for further replies.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
To be fair, Rob is a really cool dude.

I think people's defense of the device reflects that.

Though, too far, too ridiculous and too much childish kicking and screaming is, well... too much.

Tapatyped
I love my REO, it's the only mod I use now, but my cREO definitely was not a waste of $20.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
I love my REO, it's the only mod I use now, but my cREO definitely was not a waste of $20.
I agree vehemently if necessary.

My waidea REO Grand clones are downright stout and reliable.

Only thing I don't like about them is there's no low pro option to fit most atties and the tolerances make the doors tight.

BUT!

PFFFFT... the doors are but a minor gripe and I milled my catch cups down with a grinder.

I have mods that I love just the same in the $30 to $600 range.

My grands are my work horses.

I have out and about and at home only mods.

And my Creos get to play when I need a pallette change.

What's not to like?

Tapatyped

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Actually, I just did some testing.

First run kinda sucked, so I'll link 2 vids. Since the OG Reo "sub ohm" pos contact is a lighter touch and the neg spring keeps the batt snug against the top... and I was using 1 hand while balancing the mods and holding a camera phone... I was triggering the OG contact mod first for half the vid. Doh...

So here's the coil I tested. ..

9a8e47add61f56e772b802c7e78b661c.jpg

And here's the vid where I was triggering the OG contact mod first...

And here I fixed the problem by propping up the phone and hammering down on the buttons...

That little bit of ramp up difference...
With added cooling from joose...
And air flow...
Throughout the course of a day can mean a couple more hours of vape time on a 3000mah cell.

For A Tootle Puffer Like My Wife
Who, by the way, now that I returned good contacts into her Reo... is enjoying that build with some Mewlews Magic.

But I think you wanted to see some guts...

Which I just within the hour deleted half a dozen pics of from my phone.

In the last month, I posted some going back and forth with pdib showing off our reo mod modifications. That would be in the Li'l Pinch thread in the modders/accessories subforum.

For now this is all I can do...

Pos contact...

a7f34ee9efc9d01f9ebae27e786b3fd6.jpg

Neg contact...

81bcdf0c1e05ee517c533b3bb17da274.jpg

61db38f32763feab8479fcba64b1fb0e.jpg

Tapatyped

Wanted to update this post.

Reason I had my Grands apart was because I was upgrading my positive contacts from my copper bars to a beryllium copper spring with a solid silver contact that makes the button push MUCH more comfortable and still provides FANTASTICALLY low resistance and current handling cababilities.

At the time of the posting, I wasn't sure the guy who supplied me with them would want to be burdened with the extra work of supplying them.

But now I have his okay.

Here they are...

40ac30528e279dc18f51a9c0fbf899cb.jpg

6689ae792657dfa5d2ca839c6d5e2f0e.jpg

And, yes, they're the contact in "my" upgraded (not OG) GRAND.

Anyone interested should message Corey (Custom-classic).

Here's his supplier thread... BF Mods by Custom-Classic

Tapatyped

JohnnyDill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Uranus
Wow, I am going to do the EXACT same thing. :) -I get beryllium/copper contacts with the silver button from an electrical surplus outlet. I have them in all my mech bottom feeders except the Creo. It looks like we will need to open up the area above battery positive to make it work. Should be easy!

Reactions: beckdg

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Wow, I am going to do the EXACT same thing. :) -I get beryllium/copper contacts with the silver button from an electrical surplus outlet. I have them in all my mech bottom feeders except the Creo. It looks like we will need to open up the area above battery positive to make it work. Should be easy!
Don't forget to address the neg "contact" spring. That thing's garbage for a contact also. ;)

Good luck with it, brother.

Tapatyped

Reactions: JohnnyDill

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Would this contact benefit someone who vapes at .5-.6ohm?
To be honest, I don't have a problem with the stock REO contact, in this ohm range.
Yup

More efficient

Better battery life

Maybe have to add an extra wrap to your builds.

I'd suggest buying the positive contact and building the negative one.

I built my original for my 0.20 ohm builds.

The video depicts the difference in a 1.25 ohm build.

Improvement across the board.

The undeniable benefit of better, more efficient contacts.

Tapatyped

Last edited:
Reactions: puffon

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
The odd part about the Reo is that the fire button hole is not centered above the center of the battery positive. I just noticed that. We need to be sure that the silver contact ends up directly over the center of the battery. ;)
No

You just trim the plastic above the battery to allow the contact to pass through.

;)

Tapatyped

JohnnyDill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Uranus
Here ya go! :) The modifications get rid of both shortcomings regarding current flow. I am comparing this to an identical build Derringer/ SMPL mech w/ identical fully charged Samsungs. Same ramp up time. ;) It is important that the silver button comes down flat and square to the battery's positive when pressed. The throw is firmer and shorter. Feels good! I used brass 6-32 fasteners. One of the nuts needed to be machined down .023" to achieve the correct fit on this mod with this battery.

To Beckdg- thank you for the inspiration. I am grateful. :headbang:
WP_20160411_17_14_35_Pro.jpg
WP_20160411_18_04_00_Pro.jpg
WP_20160411_18_08_40_Pro.jpg

Last edited:

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Here ya go! :) The modifications get rid of both shortcomings regarding current flow. I am comparing this to an identical build Derringer/ SMPL mech w/ identical fully charged Samsungs. Same ramp up time. ;) It is important that the silver button comes down flat and square to the battery's positive when pressed. The throw is firmer and shorter. Feels good! I used brass 6-32 fasteners. One of the nuts needed to be machined down .023" to achieve the correct fit on this mod with this battery.

To Beckdg- thank you for the inspiration. I am grateful. :headbang: View attachment 546267 View attachment 546269 View attachment 546270
Looks good.

If I may make 1 suggestion...

Put a piece of shrink tube on that contact bar and reinstall your screw into your plastic top piece.

Then you're golden.

BRAVO.

So... night and day, huh?

Tapatyped

Reactions: JohnnyDill

JohnnyDill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Uranus
:) -The screw interferes with the contact strip, unless it is bent up and over the screw. With that screw in place, the shrink tubing is mandatory as a short could result, as that flimsy factory contact rides right on top of the screw's threads. I will improve on this soon. I was itching to vape on it so I did this for now. So far, SO good! My orange banana creamsicle recipe is tasting better than ever! :thumb:

Reactions: beckdg

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
:) -The screw interferes with the contact strip, unless it is bent up and over the screw. With that screw in place, the shrink tubing is mandatory as a short could result, as that flimsy factory contact rides right on top of the screw's threads. I will improve on this soon. I was itching to vape on it so I did this for now. So far, SO good! My orange banana creamsicle recipe is tasting better than ever! :thumb:
You went this far.

And did a fantastic job at that.

Now you gotta make it right. :rules:

I know you will.

And now that it hits 10 times better than an authentic, it needs an Italian fancy bottle too. :D

Tapatyped

JohnnyDill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Uranus
Now it is absolutely complete. Battery has a nice snug tension, yet still easy to replace. Button has a nice, firm, quality feel. Hits like nobody's business, and the screw does not interfere with the contact strip. :D

If I had more of these mods, clone or authentic, I would do this to all of them. Definitely.

I am SO enthusiastic about this mod that I will sandblast it and give it a nice paint job. It deserves it.

Thanks again, beckdg! :toast:
WP_20160412_17_38_00_Pro.jpg
WP_20160412_18_09_12_Pro.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread