Status
Not open for further replies.

buzzkill657

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2013
United States
Have that exact combination ordered. First build will likely be a dual 26g SS @ ~.3Ω.

Can't wait.:drool:
I tried stainless. When I heated it to check for hot spots the wire melted like it was aluminum. It was at 68 watts. I dint know what happened. Maybe I was supposed to space it like nickle.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Yeah I would

Not knowing how its wired though, 'maybe' there is nothing stopping two fully charged batteries dumping a charge into a flat battery
It's supposed to not fire if there's a .3 difference in voltage between the batteries.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Reactions: Quantum Mech

Quantum Mech

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2015
UK
It's supposed to not fire if there's a .3 difference in voltage between the batteries.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Cell monitoring to prevent firing, cool

I wonder how its wired though, batteries stacked through the board or in the battery sled

If its the sled batteries can discharge to one another

TheDaughterOfTyr

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
BC, Canada
I just got this a couple days ago and it's my baby.
As betting 'user error' for that mess posted up above.
I had no issues getting into TC mode with 3 clicks, everything is looking good. I did opt to get three brand new batteries and have a 4 bay charger, really didn't want to mess around with USB/pass through charging anymore.
She's not for the faint of heart (or lungs) and I'd definitely recommend doing research before pulling the trigger on this purchase but personally I couldn't be happier.

passerbyeus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2009
Kentucky
I have been vaping for over 6 years dealing with mods, etc and I can assure you that TC was gone from both devices , like I stated the black one had TC right out of the box and even after I updated it, but soon as I put the batteries in, I was not able to access TC at all, the white one straight out of the box TC was not there and even after the update. QC must have got sloppy for these devices because of the demand and more than likely there is a bad batch going around. So maybe the white one TC was just not programmed correctly or wrong chip and the black one must have been possessed ...:w00t:

You are also doing 4 clicks....which is a different command....3 quick clicks [emoji14]

Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping.

Last edited:

buzzkill657

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2013
United States
I have been vaping for over 6 years dealing with mods, etc and I can assure you that TC was gone from both devices , like I stated the black one had TC right out of the box and even after I updated it, but soon as I but the batteries in, I was not able to access TC at all, the white one straight out of the box TC was not there and even after the update. QC got sloppy for these devices because of the demand and more than likely there is a bad batch going around.
Well I'm surprised I didn't get one then. That's how my luck goes!

Reactions: passerbyeus

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
I have had no issues with mine at all. I even installed the 3rd batt upside down after a recharge. Just got check batt I think it was. So there is some stupidity protection. I think there is more to this than they are releasing. There is a reason married batts are recommended and mismatched batts are a big no no. This is another we may never know deal due to the b&m will try to avoid bad press and or liability.

Quantum Mech

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2015
UK

They have less info than we do mate on Reddit and we don't have much

Is it just me or can anyone read past the first few comments on there .... the lay out is all over the place & does my nut in trying to read it

Narrowing it down a bit more 'apparently' happened at a B&M in Corpus Christi Tx

Think we all expect/hope its user error but would be nice to get a definitive on what really happened

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread