Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
How to not blow up your mod.
3 marked RX1, 3 marked RX2
Married for life.
Use RX1 while charging RX2. etc yada yada

I spent $300/month on cancersticks.
My face won't win any awards but I like it as is.
It's worth $43/year IMO YMMV

12356765_1716668721897284_3460722410308471483_o.jpg

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Hi guys, I just ordered a Wismec RX200, I own Panasonic Li-On CGR17670A batteries and I want to use them in the RX200, what do you guys think about this? Is it dangerous? Will it work properly? Anything?
From the information I've found those are 17 mm batteries (not 18 mm like 18650s), plus they're protected (and therefore likely low discharge and of a volatile chemistry). All that is a big no no. Furthermore, I'm guessing you've been using them independently. You need to get good imr or hybrid chemistry, high discharge 18650s and marry them (only use them together). For up to 180w you're good with LG hg2, LG he4 (or he2), Samsung 25r, Samsung 30q. If you want the option to go all the way to 200w get Sony vtc4.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

olokos

Dec 13, 2015
Poland, Warsaw

olokos

Dec 13, 2015
Poland, Warsaw
From the information I've found those are 17 mm batteries (not 18 mm like 18650s), plus they're protected (and therefore likely low discharge and of a volatile chemistry). All that is a big no no. Furthermore, I'm guessing you've been using them independently. You need to get good imr or hybrid chemistry, high discharge 18650s and marry them (only use them together). For up to 180w you're good with LG hg2, LG he4 (or he2), Samsung 25r, Samsung 30q. If you want the option to go all the way to 200w get Sony vtc4.

Actually, they're 16mm, just measured it. Thank you very much for that, you might have actually saved my well-being, especially seeing stuff like @Quantum Mech just posted. I'll most likely get VTC4, thanks again. :)

Reactions: KenD

olokos

Dec 13, 2015
Poland, Warsaw

Sorry about double posting, but I'm just making sure you'd see my post as edited might not notify you. I hope it'll join with my previous one.

I've just read that there's bunch of fake VTC4's and Sony itself stopped producing them as they were not meant to be sold separately and were instead scavenged from Sony Products and sold that way.

Could you point me to a website that would sell genuine VTC4's for affordable price and about 1 week shipment to europe? Or maybe there's some other batteries that would be safe to use, even with 200W with good capacity?

I'm really sorry for offtopic, but I think that would be the best place to ask, especially since it's a relatively new product.

I've found this online shop which looks legit at first glance:
Bateria Sony VTC4 30A - 4esmokers™ - INTERNATIONAL E-SMOKING SHOP

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Sorry about double posting, but I'm just making sure you'd see my post as edited might not notify you. I hope it'll join with my previous one.

I've just read that there's bunch of fake VTC4's and Sony itself stopped producing them as they were not meant to be sold separately and were instead scavenged from Sony Products and sold that way.

Could you point me to a website that would sell genuine VTC4's for affordable price and about 1 week shipment to europe? Or maybe there's some other batteries that would be safe to use, even with 200W with good capacity?

I'm really sorry for offtopic, but I think that would be the best place to ask, especially since it's a relatively new product.
If RTD Vapor has them then they're real.
RTD is 100% trustworthy, reliable and authentic.

olokos

Dec 13, 2015
Poland, Warsaw
If RTD Vapor has them then they're real.
RTD is 100% trustworthy, reliable and authentic.
Great website, looks neat and clean, prices are good too, but...
We ship to all USA destinations. At this time we do not ship internationally.
:(

I'm also thinking about pulling those few bucks more to get VTC5 instead of VTC4, to get the ultimate batteries.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
oops.
Dunno about shipping to EU but someone with better reading skills than me will be along shortly :blush:

Reactions: olokos

Carnage9270

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2015
Washington
This is where it happened but still zero info on what caused it

View attachment 514636

Something don't add up here
Yeah, the battery door can't cause that. Its damn near impossible to short the batteries on the door. Positive has to hit ground and short, with the door on, just not possible. Only thing i can see here is something foreign inside with the batteries. The sled itself is plastic and the sides of the battery is ground. Just doesnt add up. 10 amp batteries firing at 23 amps could do it if the person removing the battery door was pushing the fire button at the same time.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California

I'm also thinking about pulling those few bucks more to get VTC5 instead of VTC4, to get the ultimate batteries.
Vtc4's have higher CDR...vtc5's higher mAh....so for high wattage vaping the vtc4 is still a better battery....thiugh vtc5's are great

Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping.

Quantum Mech

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2015
UK
Yeah, the battery door can't cause that. Its damn near impossible to short the batteries on the door. Positive has to hit ground and short, with the door on, just not possible. Only thing i can see here is something foreign inside with the batteries. The sled itself is plastic and the sides of the battery is ground. Just doesnt add up. 10 amp batteries firing at 23 amps could do it if the person removing the battery door was pushing the fire button at the same time.

Latest is they were MXJO batteries , 2 new 1 old

Don't get them here so what the specs are .... dunno

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread