Status
Not open for further replies.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
@madstabber – if you don’t mind me asking, why the preference for a ~0.5 ohm coil? I can see the importance of resistance with a mechanical device, or one that does not offer adjustability – but for a variable wattage/voltage device, as long as you are within the devices resistive range, you can adjust the output to suit your needs. The dependency on coil resistance is not as great.

I am new to mesh rebuildable’s, just picked up my first Profile RDA last week with a pack of nexMESH strips. Yet to try the Wotofo strips for I went straight to the nexMESH but really enjoying this combination. Although the nexMESH specs recommend 60 to 70 watts, you can use them outside that range. I have experimented as low as 30 watts, which I found the flavour to be muted with the particular juice that I was using at the time - to as high as ~120 watts on a non adjustable device (Reload Squonker that outputs based on battery state similar to a mech). So far my preference is around 60 watts but I feel these mesh strips do not react to power adjust in the same manner as a regular coil. I find the vape to be way too hot for my liking at 120 watts with a regular coil. But with the mesh, it is actually quite enjoyable…not too hot at all. Will say though, at that power you are vaping though massive amounts of juice so there is a higher risk of dry burns. Also do not know about the longevity at that power.
Basically so I can vape at a lower wattage and get the flavor/vapor I want. That way I get better battery life. Not a deal breaker just a desire, I’m lazy and I don’t like charging batteries. Got to keep an eye on them and I can’t leave the house when they’re charging.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Basically so I can vape at a lower wattage and get the flavor/vapor I want. That way I get better battery life. Not a deal breaker just a desire, I’m lazy and I don’t like charging batteries. Got to keep an eye on them and I can’t leave the house when they’re charging.

Valid points.

Not knowing what type of coils you currently use, you may find the mesh, or at least the nexMESH strips, to be on par with battery life despite they are lower in resistance and may require more power. Less ramp up time and more vapor production could mean less time spent on the fire button. I have not objectively measured this but this has been my perception since using the Profile this past week.

• Agree
Reactions: Skwij

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Valid points.

Not knowing what type of coils you currently use, you may find the mesh, or at least the nexMESH strips, to be on par with battery life despite they are lower in resistance and may require more power. Less ramp up time and more vapor production could mean less time spent on the fire button. I have not objectively measured this but this has been my perception since using the Profile this past week.
I agree with you, I have both the profile and the mesh pro rda’s. I vape both of them in the low 40 watt range. I find them much easier to build then traditional coils, not having to pull my rayon through. It like trying to thread a needle. With the mesh I can clamp one side, tuck the rayon in, and then clamp the other side, easy peasy. I also like the flavor better with the mesh so it’s a win-win.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
I agree with you, I have both the profile and the mesh pro rda’s. I vape both of them in the low 40 watt range. I find them much easier to build then traditional coils, not having to pull my rayon through. It like trying to thread a needle. With the mesh I can clamp one side, tuck the rayon in, and then clamp the other side, easy peasy. I also like the flavor better with the mesh so it’s a win-win.

Ohhh…I thought you were interested in the Profile but needed some friendly convincing because of its lower resistance in comparison to what you usually vape. LOL…that should teach me to read the whole thread and not just the last post. My bad! :oops:

Yes…really pleased with the performance of the Profile. Picked up a few more this past holiday sale weekend.

Irked Particle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2018
Columbus, Ohio
www.twitter.com
I'm sure it's all been said before here on this thread, but I must add that the Profile RDA gets my vote for atomizer of the year, no question about it whatsoever.

The flavor is absolutely amazing on it, & even though I bought two additional 10-packs of mesh coils, I've been using the first one for over two months now & it's still working great. I've cleaned it up & rewicked it a couple times, & the flavor is as pronounced & crisp as the day I first built on it. I have a feeling those 20 coils are going to last me a long, long time. Been squonking with it on my Rage & now it lives there & never moves. They're married now, haha!

So.yeah, I love this thing so much... I think I'm gonna have to buy a 2nd one. I have the gold one, but next for me will be that awesome looking blue one.

If anyone reading this is trying to decide whether or not to buy the Wotofo & MrJustRight1 Profile RDA, please do yourself a gigantic favor & buy one now. You don't know what you're missing, & you will certainly not regret it. I love mine to death!! :)

Believe the hype, it's legit! :)

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
The vape gear top shelf still belongs to my Digiflavor Mesh Pro's (have 5, 3 more similar inbound). Second shelf is where the Wotofo Profiles solidly reside (have 2, 2 more are inbound). On the bottom shelf is the Vandy Vape Mesh RDA's (have 3) that are just bringing up the rear due to their not as handy 1mm drip well. IOW, I like them all good'nuff for my uses, are what I vape 99% of the time now days.

But I still suggest that the Profiles are the easy logical choice of the three for folks to dive into the mesh game with first.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
This RDA continues to amaze me. This past week I’ve vaped through about 50ml of extremely sweet juice that with a regular coil would have granted at least 2 re-wicks. So decided to pull the mesh strip and cotton out of the Profile to check out the damage done.

To my surprise there is very little charring and discoloration the cotton. I did experience a couple of dry hits while using it but will write that off as a learning curve given I am new to mesh RDA’s. The cotton is in excellent shape and I could continue to use it but decided to try something else. After a quick dry burn (at low wattage) and rinse under hot water, the nexMESH strip shows absolutely no signs of use – quite impressed.

Fresh out of the Wotofo fat RunDMC shoe lace cotton so rolled up a full Japanese organic cotton pad (after removing the outer layer) and squeezed it under the strip. Bit cumbersome but again, will write that off as a learning curve. Despite a full pad fits under the mesh strip, think it needs to be thinned out a bit – squonking is not pushing through the cotton as it would with the Wotofo shoe lace cotton. Not a huge problem, the juice still wells up inside the deck and saturates. And given the air holes are so small, no leaking issues from over squonking (this maybe a problem with a higher PG juice).

So saying that, interested in hearing what others are using for wick, and how much of it are they using. I also have some Cotton Bacon Prime and Firebolt cotton in my supplies. Have seen Rip Trippers vid on using Firebolt with the Profile. The Firebolt is a little more expensive than Cotton Bacon if broken down to how many coils you can wick with a pack. But it is certainly a lot easier to use – providing you only use a 3 to 3.5mm ID coils. Pay for convenience and it does work well.

Irked Particle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2018
Columbus, Ohio
www.twitter.com
This RDA continues to amaze me. This past week I’ve vaped through about 50ml of extremely sweet juice that with a regular coil would have granted at least 2 re-wicks. So decided to pull the mesh strip and cotton out of the Profile to check out the damage done.

To my surprise there is very little charring and discoloration the cotton. I did experience a couple of dry hits while using it but will write that off as a learning curve given I am new to mesh RDA’s. The cotton is in excellent shape and I could continue to use it but decided to try something else. After a quick dry burn (at low wattage) and rinse under hot water, the nexMESH strip shows absolutely no signs of use – quite impressed.

Fresh out of the Wotofo fat RunDMC shoe lace cotton so rolled up a full Japanese organic cotton pad (after removing the outer layer) and squeezed it under the strip. Bit cumbersome but again, will write that off as a learning curve. Despite a full pad fits under the mesh strip, think it needs to be thinned out a bit – squonking is not pushing through the cotton as it would with the Wotofo shoe lace cotton. Not a huge problem, the juice still wells up inside the deck and saturates. And given the air holes are so small, no leaking issues from over squonking (this maybe a problem with a higher PG juice).

So saying that, interested in hearing what others are using for wick, and how much of it are they using. I also have some Cotton Bacon Prime and Firebolt cotton in my supplies. Have seen Rip Trippers vid on using Firebolt with the Profile. The Firebolt is a little more expensive than Cotton Bacon if broken down to how many coils you can wick with a pack. But it is certainly a lot easier to use – providing you only use a 3 to 3.5mm ID coils. Pay for convenience and it does work well.
I bought a couple extra packs of the Wotofo cotton haven't used any other type of cotton with it yet, I had to use a different kind it would have been a cotton pad like you described. thanks for the info about having to comb it out so I know in case I need to do that sometime in the future.
I had the same experience as you after rinsing & firing on the coil at low wattage. not believe I'm still on the first coil after over two months!
I absolutely adore this RDA and I'm vaping on it as I type this. :)

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
I bought a couple extra packs of the Wotofo cotton haven't used any other type of cotton with it yet, I had to use a different kind it would have been a cotton pad like you described. thanks for the info about having to comb it out so I know in case I need to do that sometime in the future.
I had the same experience as you after rinsing & firing on the coil at low wattage. not believe I'm still on the first coil after over two months!
I absolutely adore this RDA and I'm vaping on it as I type this. :)

I think stretching the pad out (away from the grain of that make sense) might be more effective than combing it. But have yet to come to that conclusion.

Did some quick math – the Firebolt is a little more expensive than the Wotofo shoe lace if only using the Firebolt shoe lace strings. Rip used 4 strings with his wicking method – but I feel the string is long enough to get 2 wicks out of it if carefully cut appropriately. Firebolt also comes with a few extra wads of cotton about the same size a Cotton Bacon - so if they are used, it would come out cheaper than the Wotofo cotton.

Amazing RDA – have a few more on order which I should receive this week. My mods with other RDA's are feeling neglected!

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
The two more incoming Profiles that I was waiting for are gone like a fart in the wind. Shows to go you that when you don't know the ethics of the company you ordered from better than I knew this one it can go south (I have already closed my account).

It was a scramble, but I have them ordered again from two other US companies. Unfortunately I don't know them either, but no one I do know had the two colors I wanted. It will probably be over 2 more weeks before I have both of them.

Tracking shows that some OFRF nexMESH for the Profiles has been in my mail place since yesterday though.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
So saying that, interested in hearing what others are using for wick, and how much of it are they using.
I run rayon in both of mine,fantastic flavor from this combo.I use a full width of the rope with just a bit under 1/2 of another piece of the rope,and it fits perfectly like that.A bit snug at first,but rayon shrinks a bit when wet,so once wet it's a perfect fit.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
In the wee hours this morning I went to my mail place and picked up Profile #3 (Gunmetal); 3 boxes of OFRF nexMESH strips (and a bunch of DIY supplies from a 25% off sale to build up my stash with).

I have the GM Profile set up on a regulated squonk mod with an OFRF nexMESh strip. It came in at 0.12Ω. I'm getting stellar flavor from the DIY Hard Spiced Nog I put in it. It's way too early to tell yet which of the mesh strips I will like the best in the Profiles (the KA1's that came with them, the OFRF nexMESH, those I make from scratch from the VV SS mesh roll or the SS 400X400 sheet I have on hand). I'm not much of a fan of KA1 or the 0.18 builds they net, so expect one of the SS options will win in the end.

profileX4.jpg

On another note: I'm still waiting for the SS Profile to be shipped a week after it was paid for. They said processing within 5-7 days. So still waiting to be impressed by this new to me vendor I bought it from. I might go for a 5th one (SS) from another US vendor while I can still get them. Also still waiting for 3 more DMP style mesh RDA's paid for 11/12. Two have supposedly shipped finally (long after they had promised), but have been hung up at their customs for days. The third one also promised long before now still has not been shipped by them yet. I'm not a fan at all of this vendor, why I have bought very little from them over the years. With the very poor customer service and my not really needing any more gear at all (knock on wood) this most likely will be the last order I ever place with them.

chohan

Earthbound Misfit
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
NC Foothills
Received my Topside squonker and gunmetal Profile today. Perfect timing since they came from two different sellers. Received a pack of the OFRF nexMesh but I started off with the included wotofo mesh. Two full strips of rayon for wick, highly manicured on the ends. A very smooth vape. No spitting or popping at all and the quietest airflow of any of my rdas.
2018-12-03 20.24.37.jpg

It's a brave new squonk world with top filling and mesh.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Received my Topside squonker and gunmetal Profile today. Perfect timing since they came from two different sellers. Received a pack of the OFRF nexMesh but I started off with the included wotofo mesh. Two full strips of rayon for wick, highly manicured on the ends. A very smooth vape. No spitting or popping at all and the quietest airflow of any of my rdas.
View attachment 783681

Looks good I got my profile atop my desire rage Squonk. I agree with the airflow being smooth. I don’t think I want a atomizer without the honeycomb holes for airflow. Smoothest way to get air to coils.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Still waiting on my additional Profile(s) order. The store lost the order, or that’s what they claimed, so it wasn’t delivered. Hoping this Thursday or Friday. But when I picked up my original Profile just the other week, the store which I bought it from was selling the nexMESH strips for $6 CAN for a pack of 10. Looking online after my purchase, I found many of the US and Chinese retailers selling a pack of 10 in the $19 US ($25 CAN) region…that’s a tad high! My local B&M sold out of the nexMESH strips not long after I made my purchase, but received a shipment late yesterday which I scooped up 10 boxes of 10 @ the same $6 per box. Not long after my purchase, they raised the price to $12 CAN which is still a deal if compared to $19 US. Had a look just now and they are almost out of stock again. So wonder if the $6 was an error on their behalf or if retailers are exploiting the popularity of these strips. Regardless, think I am set for a while.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
View attachment 783681

They make for a really great combo. If these are your first for both of them you will soon be in love with both of them.

My 3 Topsides run 'matchy' Digiflavor Mesh Pro RDA's, so the 3 Profiles in hand are on other regulated squonk mods. I'm still waiting for the 4th Profile to get here, and thinking about getting a 5th while they can still be found at US vendors.

As for the mesh, I tend to 'lean' to one of the 3 SS mesh options I have before I'd use the KA1 strips that come with the Profiles. I also have a large supply of OFRF nexMesh as well as a roll of VV SS316L (bought for my VV Mesh RDA's) and a sheet of old 400X400 SS mesh left over from the genesis days. Since the newest in hand is the nexMESH (and their lower Ω being a plus) I am checking this option out thoroughly right now.

Reactions: chohan

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Still waiting on my additional Profile(s) order. The store lost the order, or that’s what they claimed, so it wasn’t delivered. Hoping this Thursday or Friday. But when I picked up my original Profile just the other week, the store which I bought it from was selling the nexMESH strips for $6 CAN for a pack of 10. Looking online after my purchase, I found many of the US and Chinese retailers selling a pack of 10 in the $19 US ($25 CAN) region…that’s a tad high! My local B&M sold out of the nexMESH strips not long after I made my purchase, but received a shipment late yesterday which I scooped up 10 boxes of 10 @ the same $6 per box. Not long after my purchase, they raised the price to $12 CAN which is still a deal if compared to $19 US. Had a look just now and they are almost out of stock again. So wonder if the $6 was an error on their behalf or if retailers are exploiting the popularity of these strips. Regardless, think I am set for a while.

I settled for just 3 boxes of 10 for a first order of the OFRF nexMESH to try them out. They were bought on line on sale from a vendor in southern California for $7.49 US a box. Their regular price was $9.99 US at the time.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
I settled for just 3 boxes of 10 for a first order of the OFRF nexMESH to try them out. They were bought on line on sale from a vendor in southern California for $7.49 US a box. Their regular price was $9.99 US at the time.

$9 seems reasonable which equates to the $12 CAN my local B&M is currently asking. They made no mention of an introduction or sale price at $6 – perhaps I got lucky and they errored. Found another Canadian retailer asking $25 CAN for a pack of 10. That’s just silly!

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
$9 seems reasonable which equates to the $12 CAN my local B&M is currently asking. They made no mention of an introduction or sale price at $6 – perhaps I got lucky and they errored. Found another Canadian retailer asking $25 CAN for a pack of 10. That’s just silly!

The prices for the Wotofo KA1 10 mesh strip tubes also varied widely when they first became available (same with their boxes of premade wicking for them). I bought my two tubes of KA1 mesh strips for $3.99 each, but saw them offered at higher prices from other vendors as well. Somewhat of a surprise to me though was finding the newly available OFRF nexMESH boxes on sale at this vendor when all the others wanted their idea of what they considered the higher retail price for them should be. That said, with the here today gone/tomorrow stats of the endless new vape gear coming out rapid fire now days, many folks will pay the higher toll to get what they want before they are out of stock (and that may never be in stock again).

For years after trying out any new gear, with those that ticked all my boxes I've always bought all I wanted up front while I could still easily get them (both atomizers and mods - including higher end ones). To the point of having 5 to 10 of each of the best atomizers at the time... 4 or more of the mods I really liked at the time (including 35 of one brand). A down side to that way of thinking might be considered as such by most folks since most of that gear I do not use anymore. But my vaping has been progressive from day one to find in turn what worked better for me. So to me it has not had a down side.

Reactions: chohan

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread