You quit to save your life and save your money.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curleeee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2015
Willowbrook, IL
I will say that I have spent a good deal and I haven't even been vaping a full month yet, but it really was just the trial and error and knowing that for me, I have to have things in place to feel good and be prepared to not smoke. I'm settling into feeling like I have what I need so truthfully the only thing I see myself buying is probably a few more kanger evod2's-which I get from myvaporstore.com for 6.65, they may not be fancy but they are working for me. And also some replacement coils. I spent a nice little chunk of change buying some "better" tanks that were absolute trash for me and I was lucky myvaporstore was willing to give me a store credit for returning them.

My thing is having to say "no" more often to juices...I have a hard time with that as I like trying new flavors, but if that happens to be the only "new" thing I get or reorder then it's not much different than me buying 2 packs of cigarettes every couple weeks. And I can justify that. Just like any other hobby I've had or still do, it will eventually be factored into my purchases just like cigarettes were so I know when I can splurge and when I need to log off ECF lol

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
I am not a frugal vaper, although my buying has slowed down significantly, now I seem to go for bigger purchases.

But.

In the 30 years I smoked, I spent tens of thousands of dollars on cigarettes with nothing to show for it but a nagging cough, stained teeth, and yellowed paint.

I'm okay with every penny I spend on vaping because I'm not buying cigarettes, and that's why I am a vaper.

IgnorantCig

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2015
new york
I definitely didn't quit to save me any money. I'd been making my own cigs these past years and it came out to about 60-70 cents per pack.

It was precisely because I was spending next to nothing on tobacco cigs, that it got me thinking that I'm never going to quit now because of money reasons, and then I realized that health has got to be the main motivating factor. I mean, who doesn't want to be healthier?

I've only been vaping for 2 weeks now, but I've only spent about $150 so far including basic hardware and some juices. I have enough juice now that I'm probably set for the next couple of months.

It's easy to see that vaping can be an expensive hobby for some, with all of these fancy mods and whatnot, and a ton of different juices to choose from, but it doesn't have to be, unless somebody chooses it to be. To each their own. Whatever floats your boat.

Fuzzy Bruce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2014
Fort Liquordale, Fl.
Vaping as a hobby can be pricey. Any hobby can be that way If you need the latest and greatest according to the marketers, plan to have a lot of space to keep your gear.

If, on the other hand, you vape to quit smoking, you can watch your budget, do a lot of research and make wise purchasing decisions, money can be saved.

Of course, you could be lucky and find your vape nirvana, create your own personal favorite juices and once set up, vape for pennies a day.

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
In the two weeks I've been vaping I've spent the same as I would in a year of smoking(1200). This is definitely a MORE expensive habit, but it's probably better for the health.

Uh. You realize it doesn't HAVE to be like that?

In the last 2 months I've just been using old gear, probably spent 10$ (if you are counting the value of stuff I used that I already had).

Spencer87

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jakarta- Indonesia
I like Testing new juices.
I spent 50 $ this month

It was a lot more before. Gotta be close to 2000 at least.
but finally I got a 150watt mod and Ive been happy with it.
I still have... a backup to my backup to my backup to my backup.... Probably somewhere around 5-6 mechanicals, 15 batteries.
but in the long run I will end up saving money. I am starting to feel that now. and I will, In the end be healthier.

and most importantly, I dont stink

Reactions: Robmidi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread