Status
Not open for further replies.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Anyone know if gearbest will restock or if Goblins are officially out of production?

I had a FT clone being processed that I promptly cancelled after comparing pictures of the positive post and insulator of authentic vs clone. So now I'm looking for an authentic without spending too much.

I want it specifically to make a Gobfun 4. Goblin build deck and airflow with easy deck access as well as both fill options, solid steel construction.

VapeNW has them for $25, not sure how much they were at gearbest.

All I know is what I read on a UK forum dated 11th May. Quote follows:

"Went on to gearbest chat to cancel my Goliath order and also asked about my Goblin. Was told they won't be getting the Goblin back in stock so I'm being refunded. The guy said youde aren't producing them anymore. Just a wee heads up for anyone waiting on one from gearbest.

Quote:Robert: sorry, it will never restock now
Robert: the supplier will never product it now
Robert: we are sorry for that..."

I bet his name is not really Robert.

Reactions: doofy666

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Well shoot. I guess it's clone for $11 or authentic for $30-ish then.

Now to decide if I can justify spending $30 for a tank that I just want the base of, to make a hybrid beater.

Back to evaluating options. Here's hoping one day even clones come with a standard PEEK insulator.

Why not just order an orchid base off FT to pair with the KF4 tank? They are like $4.

tehmidcap

Verified Member
Mar 13, 2015
PA
That just may be what I do.

I originally wanted the goblin for the super airflow and I like the look of the build deck.

But the insulator on the spare orchids base doesn't look much better, and it's protruding out over the airhole some. I'd like to comfortably vape .5 - .6 without fear of inhaling plastic. At least for <$5 I could treat it as disposable.

If anyone has a Goblin they don't like or use PM me. :p

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
That just may be what I do.

I originally wanted the goblin for the super airflow and I like the look of the build deck.

But the insulator on the spare orchids base doesn't look much better, and it's protruding out over the airhole some. I'd like to comfortably vape .5 - .6 without fear of inhaling plastic. At least for <$5 I could treat it as disposable.

If anyone has a Goblin they don't like or use PM me. :p

Maybe look at the silverplay clone. I think the silverplay deck would work better for what you are trying to do (lower build deck height, extended juice channels).

I've done exactly what you want to do with my kf4 tank and goblin, maybe my wicking method was wrong, but it didn't quite keep up for me as well as I would like.

tehmidcap

Verified Member
Mar 13, 2015
PA
Maybe look at the silverplay clone. I think the silverplay deck would work better for what you are trying to do (lower build deck height, extended juice channels).

I've done exactly what you want to do with my kf4 tank and goblin, maybe my wicking method was wrong, but it didn't quite keep up for me as well as I would like.

Thanks, that's good to know. What kind of problems were you having exactly?

I think that the Orchid might be fine for me, and the Silverplay definitely would be. I want airflow that's close to wide open on the STMini (first version with single control), at the very least the same as or better than the Mini set at two holes -- Think the Orchid base would accomplish that for me?

Also curious about if the cthulhu base would work well in the KF4 too. They put one on FT that isn't listed as "styled" so may in fact be authentic.

I still like the idea of the Goblin/Goliath but I don't really need one for just what it is right now. I'm happy with the STMini for my all day vape and I have a couple drippers I can cloud chase with... Maybe if I come into some extra money or if I severely break one of my Minis I'll buy a Goblin.

Last edited:

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Thanks, that's good to know. What kind of problems were you having exactly?

I think that the Orchid might be fine for me, and the Silverplay definitely would be. I want airflow that's close to wide open on the STMini (first version with single control), at the very least the same as or better than the Mini set at two holes -- Think the Orchid base would accomplish that for me?

The wicking just wasn't quite keeping up well enough, after a hit I would hear that sizzle of burning joose on the coil, not really enough to cause a dry hit, I just generally like to avoid that in RTAs.

If the orchid base isn't quite airy enough for you, I've seen people drill out air intake holes / deck to open it up even more. Not sure if that is something you would want to get into.

Using vapingcheap.com (sorry, not a plug) I found a goblin clone for $9.99 on focalecig and couldn't pass it up. Been loving my Kanger T3S for years but sick of running through coils and wanted to move up to semi complete self sufficiency. I got a Lemo and learned to build on it - Love that Lemo!! Just hate the damned whistling noise it makes!!

I did my first successful build on the goblin just an hour ago - 26g Kanthal, 5/6 wraps (came out to .4 ohm), org cotton (pad/strip) and my own fruit loopy 80/20 ejuice mix at 3mg nic - The taste is really good and the vapor production is a bit better than my lemo. To compare the two:

LEMO (BLACK): (I got it for $26.99)
+ Excellent vapor
+ Excellent taste
+ Excellent build quality
+ Comes prebuilt/prewicked ready to juice up and vape (at ~1.2 ohms)
+ Comes with replacement gaskets, screws, wire, cotton, and a screwdriver keychain
+ Easy to learn/build
+ Simple to wick
+ Holds lots of juice
+ NO Leaks once it's built properly
+ Simple to disassemble/reassemble though the chimney parts tend to not want to unscrew
+ Price wasn't bad since it was initially around $35
+ Nice addition of a 'plug gasket' for the base/fillhole
- It does chew through the juice (but that's sort of what it's for eh?)
- Bottom 'cap' collects quite a lot of moisture
- Air flow control is a bit strange and it seems like an 'all or nothing' adjustment - I leave it wide open
- Damn thing whistles like crazy through the 4 airholes in the base - very annoying
Current Build: .7 ohm Nichrome on an iStick 50 at 13-17W (I've used it on the iStick 20 with a 1.7 ohm build at 11W)

GOBLIN: (I got it for $9.99)
+ Exellent vapor
+ Excellent taste
+ Excellent build quality
+ Comes with the same replacement stuff as the Lemo
+ Simple to disassemble
+ Can't beat the price (make sure you get the newer model with the extra extended chimney and longer glass tank)
+ No leaks (yet anyway)
- DOES NOT COME WITH A DRIP TIP!! Using my Lemo's tip for now (black - which looks surprisingly good)
- Build deck is VERY small
- Coils have to be tight to fit inside the build cylinder
- Not for a noob (my first 2 builds shorted out against the cylinder) though I eventually got it right
+/- - Only comes in Stainless (a minus for some, a non-issue for others - personally I like Black)
Current Build: .4 ohm Kanthal on an iStick 50 at 25W

Comparatively, the main difference to me seems to be the vape 'temp' - the Goblin definitely seems to put out a warmer, denser vape than my Lemo but that's more than likely due to the build/wattage differences. I do tend to prefer the cooler vape.

Building on the Lemo is child's play compared to the Goblin though the resultant vape is better on the Goblin. My 'Creamy Cappucino' is OUTSTANDING on the Lemo and I'm finding my Fruit Loop-like stuff is excellent on the Goblin.

Current Go to: Goblin though my Lemo will always be on hand.

My Kanger T3S is now part of my zombie apocolypse kit

UPDATE: The Goblin just LOOOOOVES to leak. If you're vaping it and keepign it upright, it only seeps a little out the bottom but heaven forbid you put it in your pocket - the whole tank will dump out the airholes! I'm giving it an alcohol bath right now and will go over the rings/seals and make sure things are all tight. I noticed the fill port seems to have a space between the tank and the air deck where juice can collect or overflow during filling if you're not paying attention. I'm going to reassemble/rebuild, and refill with a syringe. I also noticed that when I fill the goblin, juice practically runs out of the top! I hate leaks and have moved back to my trusty Lemo which is bone dry compared to the Goblin! I can tip it over and refill it w/o a drop coming out anywhere and no fears of putting it in my pocket. It Just Works. Though I just saw a Black Goblin clone on fasttech.... frustrated. so much promise but a real mess....

If you wick it correctly it does not leak. It also does not leak through the fill port, no need for an o-ring, just fix the wicking.
I've rewicked 2 or 3 times in different ways following some vids and other posts on the best ways to wick the Goblin - and none have helped in the least. When I look through my air holes on the bottom, I can see juice pooling alongside the center post. It doesn't leak (for me) out the fill hole - just everywhere else! Especially when I turn it upside down - I always end up with a puddle under the drip tip hole. Very frustrating! I've used KGD cotton for wicking so far... guess I ought to try straight cottonball stuff like I use in my Lemo and see if that helps...

Does anyone have the exact measurements of all the o rings? I'll look for authentic replacements as well I guess..... ug, what a pita!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread