• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Your favorite mod...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VIPOD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2010
NB,Canada
Every year on my "stop-smoking" anniversary I decide to purchase a mod (sometimes two). Well, it was that time of year again, and I had many choices (price was not an option).

I thought about what I liked and disliked about vaping. Well, I truly enjoy vaping at various volts with various types of atty's. I disliked carto's, however, the dual coils have softened me a bit...they actually work! I knew I liked bottom feeders; the Ali'i I purchased last year is simply a stunning exotic wood mod that works very well. However, what I disliked was the fragility of the Ali'i (after 4 drops it was time to take the wood glue out). Then there’s the VV Mods, which have come a long way. The Darwin and Provari seem to be the class of the pack...and I could easily use a "tank" to accommodate more juice. However, what I didn't like about the Darwin and Provari was the aesthetic look of the PV with a tank on it...also, I'm not very careful with my PV's, and chances are the tank would crack in my pocket at work while I’m in a meeting.

After doing much research on various forums (including this one), and watching many videos, the only choice for "my" vaping needs was the REO Grand by reosmods.com

It has similar features (batts/bottles/attys) as the Ali'i, but it’s made out of aircraft aluminum (so my ceramic/wood floors may get a beating from it). I've used it for 3 days now, on various combinations of volts/attys/juices, and it hits like a champ (the all mechanical/conductivity is awesome) The biggest surprise was that the REO Grand is smaller than the Ali'i, so if size is a concern, you can also look at the REO Mini. The only draw back is it's heavier and the button needs some getting used too (just different spot than the Ali'i).

What ever you decide, make certain you think about what “your” vaping needs are first, don’t let vendors or so called “celebrity” e-cig personalities sway you.

Good luck…

Btw…if your considering any type of REO mod, have a look at their sub-forum here…great group of people, with many tips/trips.
Reos Mods

wood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
edmonton
Every year on my "stop-smoking" anniversary I decide to purchase a mod (sometimes two). Well, it was that time of year again, and I had many choices (price was not an option).

I thought about what I liked and disliked about vaping. Well, I truly enjoy vaping at various volts with various types of atty's. I disliked carto's, however, the dual coils have softened me a bit...they actually work! I knew I liked bottom feeders; the Ali'i I purchased last year is simply a stunning exotic wood mod that works very well. However, what I disliked was the fragility of the Ali'i (after 4 drops it was time to take the wood glue out). Then there’s the VV Mods, which have come a long way. The Darwin and Provari seem to be the class of the pack...and I could easily use a "tank" to accommodate more juice. However, what I didn't like about the Darwin and Provari was the aesthetic look of the PV with a tank on it...also, I'm not very careful with my PV's, and chances are the tank would crack in my pocket at work while I’m in a meeting.

After doing much research on various forums (including this one), and watching many videos, the only choice for "my" vaping needs was the REO Grand by reosmods.com

It has similar features (batts/bottles/attys) as the Ali'i, but it’s made out of aircraft aluminum (so my ceramic/wood floors may get a beating from it). I've used it for 3 days now, on various combinations of volts/attys/juices, and it hits like a champ (the all mechanical/conductivity is awesome) The biggest surprise was that the REO Grand is smaller than the Ali'i, so if size is a concern, you can also look at the REO Mini. The only draw back is it's heavier and the button needs some getting used too (just different spot than the Ali'i).

What ever you decide, make certain you think about what “your” vaping needs are first, don’t let vendors or so called “celebrity” e-cig personalities sway you.

Good luck…

Btw…if your considering any type of REO mod, have a look at their sub-forum here…great group of people, with many tips/trips.
Reos Mods

Great post I love my ali'i but have to agree on the fragility I thinkbits feed system is by far best I couldn't take it to work though I had the vv ali'i and it was awesome my next will be a reo I want the wood one but I think I'm gonna stick to metal this time around

Any one know how the woodvil compares to ali'i for durability

VIPOD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2010
NB,Canada
True, nothing can ever replace the feel of real wood...to bad I didn't buy the alum. reo first before my Ali'i.

The other wood mod to consider is the GRIP from Sweetvapes
Mods

btw, you may not be aware, but Kaji & his dad at r&r manufacturing have shut their doors...apparently a theft occurred, and they didn't want to continue. However, they are taking care of repair issues

wood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
edmonton
True, nothing can ever replace the feel of real wood...to bad I didn't buy the alum. reo first before my Ali'i.

The other wood mod to consider is the GRIP from Sweetvapes
Mods

btw, you may not be aware, but Kaji & his dad at r&r manufacturing have shut their doors...apparently a theft occurred, and they didn't want to continue. However, they are taking care of repair issues

That's sad I really wish that I didn't sell mine then it woulda been a collectors item lol I always do that just about sold my technics mk2 turntables then I found that they are discontinued and selling for more than retail now , better hold on to them lol

Chinner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Hey dude the durability is fine on the woodvils. Is a hollowed out chunk of solid wood with no glue whatsoever, I was worried at first too, but I've fitted it with a modified cell phone case, and I bring it with me everywhere now. Not as solid as a metal one obviously, but it's hardly fragile!

Cheers

Great post I love my ali'i but have to agree on the fragility I thinkbits feed system is by far best I couldn't take it to work though I had the vv ali'i and it was awesome my next will be a reo I want the wood one but I think I'm gonna stick to metal this time around

Any one know how the woodvil compares to ali'i for durability

Lori68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2011
Maple Ridge, BC
Oooh concat - you got the reo stealth model :) congratz!

They are gorgeous looking in real life and kick ... when it comes to being an all around great mod in your pv collection. I'm tempted to try doing 5v on my grand but I'm also quite happy at 3.7v, so I don't want to rock the boat. I've already tried 6v on someone else's pv and that was too much for me, but different strokes for different folks...

You are going to love your grand if you don't already have a reo :)

Crazy Canuck

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Do the Reos come with a battery? The website has no info really, and there's nowhere to add to cart... Hell all of their bottles and acccesories are out of stock
Welcome to the REO family Concat! You got the same Grand as me, and I have the matching Mini. First thing you'll need to do is read this thread: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...if-reo-your-first-mod-what-you-will-need.html

It'll tell you everything you'll need. It does not come with a battery or atties. It will come with the REO, 2 bottles, a reducer tube, and a plastic baggy with a smear of noalox. The thread I linked will tell you about the recommended batteries (AW IMR's)

Congrats on your new purchase! I have a feeling you'll love it!

Lori68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2011
Maple Ridge, BC
One more source for batteries is super t manufacturing. The shipping cost is really cheap if you're only getting batteries.

Once you've got your grand and you're able to vape with it - you'll understand why they sell out so quickly. Load a freshly charged battery in it, fill it with your favorite juice and you don't have to worry about anything for a good day and a half, maybe even longer depending on your vaping mileage. These things were built to take the nastiest abuse too so unless you plan on running it over with a steam roller it will never break or fall apart.

mopar

Forum Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2011
Toronto
www.canvape.com
Do the Reos come with a battery? The website has no info really, and there's nowhere to add to cart... Hell all of their bottles and acccesories are out of stock

By the time I got to reomods they only had the tumbled aluminium finish left. I couldn't buy it, looks like something that was already scratched up :( guess I'll hope for a woodvil. I don't know if the come with a battery but lightake.com has decent prices and free shipping.

Pipeous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
Surrey, BC, Canada
www.madpro.ca
well I know for the minis, the 3ml sample bottles you get from vendors work fine. I have a few bottles filled with different juices to flip around.

yup, if you want a reo you have to jump fast or lose out. I am hoping my grand will be here tomorrow. I have 4x 18650's 2600 mah, so I can go all week on that hehe. my mini will be for my secondary flavour. I will always carry 4 loaded pv's because I like to change around.

mopar

Forum Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2011
Toronto
www.canvape.com
well I know for the minis, the 3ml sample bottles you get from vendors work fine. I have a few bottles filled with different juices to flip around.

yup, if you want a reo you have to jump fast or lose out. I am hoping my grand will be here tomorrow. I have 4x 18650's 2600 mah, so I can go all week on that hehe. my mini will be for my secondary flavour. I will always carry 4 loaded pv's because I like to change around.

What colour did you get? I took 3 PV's with me today only 2 juices though most of the juice I have here bothers me right now(can't wait till my dekang lands). The 18650 batteries are the bomb they love me long time.

Pipeous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
Surrey, BC, Canada
www.madpro.ca
my grand is blue with a black door. the mini is a rare shiney black with a silver door... though I find they are always smudged in my hands. I'd rather a matt look, then hand prints won't show. you should consider the brushed aluminum. I can show you tricks to make it look nice... a little wet dry sandpaper and some metal polish and it'd be shiney. but who cares? vaping nirvana is worth the look. you could even get it powder coated. that is so easy to do. even anodizing or nickel plating
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/closed-sold-threads/217269-blue-black-reo-grand.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread