• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Your favorite mod...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mopar

Forum Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2011
Toronto
www.canvape.com
well I know for the minis, the 3ml sample bottles you get from vendors work fine. I have a few bottles filled with different juices to flip around.

yup, if you want a reo you have to jump fast or lose out. I am hoping my grand will be here tomorrow. I have 4x 18650's 2600 mah, so I can go all week on that hehe. my mini will be for my secondary flavour. I will always carry 4 loaded pv's because I like to change around.

The trustfires I grab are 3000, last few days barely touched my ego(and I have 4 more sitting in vancouver with customs). 3.7V @ LR atty = the bomb.

my grand is blue with a black door. the mini is a rare shiney black with a silver door... though I find they are always smudged in my hands. I'd rather a matt look, then hand prints won't show. you should consider the brushed aluminum. I can show you tricks to make it look nice... a little wet dry sandpaper and some metal polish and it'd be shiney. but who cares? vaping nirvana is worth the look. you could even get it powder coated. that is so easy to do. even anodizing or nickel plating
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/closed-sold-threads/217269-blue-black-reo-grand.html

I went back to grab one and they were all sold out! .... I guess it will be a woodvil which I want more but hate waiting. I just hope it's nice wood he used for the batch coming in October.

mopar

Forum Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2011
Toronto
www.canvape.com
Mopar try the AW IMR 18650's over those Trustfire Batts next time you buy Batts, you will see what the real Bomb is all about,!

Man the trustfire at 3.7V has ruined all over vaping for me right now. I'll grab a couple to try out, are they protected? and if anyone has an answer for concat I'd like to know too.

debb

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2010
in the nj woods
True, nothing can ever replace the feel of real wood...to bad I didn't buy the alum. reo first before my Ali'i.

The other wood mod to consider is the GRIP from Sweetvapes
Mods

btw, you may not be aware, but Kaji & his dad at r&r manufacturing have shut their doors...apparently a theft occurred, and they didn't want to continue. However, they are taking care of repair issues

I did not know that....got my first ever bottom fed mod from them...my JM..

Concat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Man the trustfire at 3.7V has ruined all over vaping for me right now. I'll grab a couple to try out, are they protected? and if anyone has an answer for concat I'd like to know too.

From what I gather, the AW IMRs are not protected because they don't need to be... they are "safe chemistry."

Crazy Canuck

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Agreed Mopar. I'm certainly not ahead of the game with this vaping business.

Then again, have you seen how much Nicorette goes for these days? Yikes!
At least I used to be able to convince the wife to buy my patches for me when I attempted to quit. I'm asking her for a Provari for Christmas, and she's telling me where to go, if you catch my meaning :)

4mehealth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2011
canada
Does anyone know why the AW IMR's are better than the protected ones? Everyone seems to say they hit harder. They seem to have lower Mah too.

It's all about the voltage drop and current.

This is the voltage drop of a typical Li-Ion batt:
Warning added be Northhar below - possible trojan horse from mpoweruk
http://www.mpoweruk.com/images/discharge-chemistry.gif

This curve seems ok:
http://johndayautomotivelectronics.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/BM-S23-Fig1-300x287.jpg

Since this is a failure, google "li ion voltage discharge graph"
As I understand it, as stated by Canuck, IMR are high drain which I interpret as high current. The curve for an IMR is flatter (consistent voltage) and higher current.

Last edited:

northhar

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2011
CanTheBan
It's all about the voltage drop and current.

This is the voltage drop of a typical Li-Ion batt:http://www.mpoweruk.com/images/discharge-chemistry.gif

As I understand it, as stated by Canuck, IMR are high drain which I interpret as high current. The curve for an IMR is flatter (consistent voltage) and higher current.

Be careful going into MPOWERUK.com my avast reported a TROJAN HORSE attemping to load at that site.

mopar

Forum Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2011
Toronto
www.canvape.com
Agreed Mopar. I'm certainly not ahead of the game with this vaping business.

Then again, have you seen how much Nicorette goes for these days? Yikes!

Yea, I used nicorette for a period of about 8 months with the odd cigarette as a bridge. I think it cost me almost as much as cigarette's. It was hard on my teeth(they tell you not to chew it but I need the nic!), burnt my throat and gave me heartburn.

At least I used to be able to convince the wife to buy my patches for me when I attempted to quit. I'm asking her for a Provari for Christmas, and she's telling me where to go, if you catch my meaning :)

Haha mine has me scared to spend money right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread