Your Very First E-Cig Ever.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_miles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2013
oregon
my first e-cig was a no-name cig-a-like from DealExtreme. I spent like 15 bucks on it and some misc juices that were all PG and harsh. when it worked, it was sub par, had minimal vapor with mild flavor and a cloud comparable to a blu. then I bought a blu after the cheap one since the stupid high nic levels in that juice helped me cut down on analogs. Then I got into mods and tanks and rba'S after a friend of mine showed me his.

tgardner23

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2012
nebraska
I had a log journey to quitting analogs started with v2 and I enjoyed it but kept smoking analogs and then I moved onto prosmoke which actually worked really well but I hated filling cartos over and over and over and then I moved to halo g6 just cause it was newer and then finally found this forum and a b&m in my area and I purchased a smoketek telescope and and normal carto tank and have only had 1 cigarette since then now I'm at a zmax from smoktek and the trophy tank (smoktek version of the protank)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

LadyPharaoh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
AL, USA
First was a disposable FIN from a local mart then WC Flings. Off stinkies in 2 days with Flings so I got a Cirrus 3 kit. Wish I had gone straight from the FIN to the Halo Triton (love it) and not spent a ton on WC disposables and cartomizers. Now I use the Triton kit along with my Smok VV batteries, SID, Vamo V3 and eVic.

Ren79

Sep 19, 2013
Portland, OR
My very first was a Blu disposable. I caught my wife sneaking cigarettes again, and bought her one so she could at least do something healthier, because I knew if she was going to do it, there wasn't anything I could do about it. So I bought myself one too, to see if it'd help me stay awake during my second job at night. And it did. After that I bought an NJoy disposable, because I heard it had a better throat hit, and came in more disposable "flavors" and strengths. After that I realized that there was a vape bar near my house, and I visited, and after trying out all the cool flavors I was hooked and I bought a double pack kit with two CE6's and 2 900 mah batteries.

cryptic

Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
A2, MI
Buddy was quitting and using the Blu disposables so even though I didn't have a huge desire to quit smoking I picked one up. Seemed OK but didn't really do the job. The next day it wouldn't light up and I was not pleased. Being a curious sort and a tinker I promptly took it apart. Found it was still full of juice but the battery had probably quit. Looked into cigalike kits and they were a lot. meh...

Same buddy then picked up a joytech ego-c kit with the refillable tips and liked it. Ended up going to the vape shop and picked up one as well. Seemed nice because there was 2 of everything and could give half to my wife (not actively trying to quit but what the heck, might as well plant the seed right?). After some leaking incidents in her purse and some mediocre results on my end I tried disposable clearos. Liked those at first and seemed like a nice purse size for her as well. Leaked all over her purse again. I liked them ok and tried to pick up a bunch. Accidentially got sent a 5 pack of EVODs which the seller told me to just keep. Gave one to the buddy.

Evods... mixed results with different juices. Buddy liked it OK but was after something more as well. I got a vivi nova which was pretty decent. He got a protank2 and a twist. His protank looked nicer and I was jealous so I bought one :D. Didn't like his long battery so picked up a 900mah twist and a 1300 smoktech. Did also pick up a mini protank 2 (v2). Works (draw/ taste...etc) almost identical to the protank. Thought it would be a good smaller pocket setup but oddly it didn't work out that way. It's basically the same length as the full protank so no real advantage there. Kind of cool with the drip tip off though. Somewhere in there I also picked up some boge cartos which I like a lot but not as much of a "go-to" for me.

My main couch potato setup is the full protank2 / smoketech 1300 winder. I found the original 650 ego batteries with the evod make for a very nice sized pocket / "on the go" setup.

Oh.... so for the wife went who apparently likes to throw her purse around and makes every tank type leak, I picked up a boge 510 carto setup. Good cig-alike setup with no leakage, lot of vapor and flavor. She hasn't commited but at least has an option.

So yeah, in the past few months I've gone from not even interested in quitting smoking to a lot of vape mail. While I haven't successfully quit smoking yet, it's been greatly reduced. An unexpected side effect is that I also used snus regularly and vaping has pretty much taken it's place.

Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread