Not open for further replies.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Yay, I just figured out how to post a picture!

so.... may I present.......the first ever .....

tootle puffer box mod !

View attachment 453719

I bought the original JS (on the left) off the classies years and years ago as a third owner (thanks geoduck!!), stuck a BE112 on it from one of the original group buys, tweeked it with a straw mod, and that's really about it. It's been to the beach, to the desert, to the mountains, to the lake, it's traveled well over 4000 miles and has flown twice. Through heat and snow, it's outlived three batteries, a dozen cart mouthpieces and its paint job. But the original button is still intact as is the blue and red bottom led ring - and it fires every time I ask it to.

I am a tootle puffer. :)
Wow! So someone may actually want all my old 801 stuff?! You've inspired me to drag it all out to get it ready to sell on the classies. Thanks.

Sure sounds like it to me. :D

I'm so glad some of my fellow tootlers are posting; I was going thru all the New Posts, and gawd, 9/10s seem to be for some version of extreme cloud chasing. :facepalm: The only thing I really can think to say to any of them is... "WHY?" Smh. :D

Andria
Same here.

I think there are a LOT of Tootle Puffers out there that may not even realize yet that they're Tootle Puffers. It's probably about equal: 1/3 Cloud Chasers, 1/3 Tootle Puffers, and 1/3 In-Betweeners.

I hear so much about how great an RBA is, then come to find out that it's only great to Cloud Chasers. It makes it a lot harder to judge what to buy.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
New format Kat. I made a left instead of a right and ended up here. Can you point me back?

Stop putting around, take the P3 freeway to the Ti exit. Turn right at the High Q mall, and then Boost on the gas. (click yer heels a coupla times. makes for a far more interesting trip) ;)

yup anything up is too hot,plus most juices I vape doesn't taste so well in higher wattages,,
plus I think ive outgrown the whole cloud chasing scenario...and its hard to talk to someone beautiful if you have a huge cloud in front of you :)

I just wanted to see that in print again. Well done, zeus, well done........ (and lucky lady!)

Yay, I just figured out how to post a picture!

so.... may I present.......the first ever .....

tootle puffer box mod !

View attachment 453719

I bought the original JS (on the left) off the classies years and years ago as a third owner (thanks geoduck!!), stuck a BE112 on it from one of the original group buys, tweeked it with a straw mod, and that's really about it. It's been to the beach, to the desert, to the mountains, to the lake, it's traveled well over 4000 miles and has flown twice. Through heat and snow, it's outlived three batteries, a dozen cart mouthpieces and its paint job. But the original button is still intact as is the blue and red bottom led ring - and it fires every time I ask it to.

I am a tootle puffer. :)

Marvelous, TTRP! The grandfather of the 'Sticks!

Oh 'mel. You never disappoint. :D

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Sorry, that's now your claim to fame.....can't ditch it :p
:lol:

Nope, waddn me, we din't even buy a water heater after all; we did get some swell Yokohama tires for a magnificant price. :thumb:

Andria

TaketheRedPill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2009
Southern California
Wow! So someone may actually want all my old 801 stuff?! You've inspired me to drag it all out to get it ready to sell on the classies. Thanks./quote]

I bet you really could. There are a lot of sites that still sell the 801 stuff and the 510 or 910 to 801 attny adapters and vice versa. So I think I'm not the only dinovaposaurus left
:)

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I bet you really could. There are a lot of sites that still sell the 801 stuff and the 510 or 910 to 801 attny adapters and vice versa. So I think I'm not the only dinovaposaurus left
:)
Well, I pulled it all out. It's a nice little package. A nice little kit. I even have the Janty Stick with batteries and USB charger. But, the strange thing is that I only have one regular charger for the 801 stick batteries. I know I had more. I never have only one of anything.

Oh, well. By the time I get around to the hardest part of all, taking pictures, the other charger will probably show up. I do not take good pictures!!!!

zeus01

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2011
manila
Same here.

I think there are a LOT of Tootle Puffers out there that may not even realize yet that they're Tootle Puffers. It's probably about equal: 1/3 Cloud Chasers, 1/3 Tootle Puffers, and 1/3 In-Betweeners.

I hear so much about how great an RBA is, then come to find out that it's only great to Cloud Chasers. It makes it a lot harder to judge what to buy.

ive been on rba's all my life,simply because I need to control the juice I consume :)
once had a tank,and always seemed to have a hole :),everytime I glanced at the thing it was almost gone...

if youre getting an rba for tootle puffing,either you get something with a small airhole or atleast an afc ring,something like a derringer..(been eyeing that myself)
since the chambers are really small, the flavors are a lot intense compared I think to tanks,not sure how it measures up to most tanks nowadays like kayfuns or any other tanks.havent been using tanks for a while,...
on drippers,key to tootle puffing is slightly closing and adjusting the airholes to the drag that you are kinda used too...
plus its a bit warmer since you give no chance for the vapor to condense a bit,unlike on most bottom feed tanks where there is a small chimney that the vapor has to go to...

I hope it helps...

zeus01

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2011
manila
.9 ohms: -1=NOT Tootle - Below 1 ohm!
15 Watts: 0=Borderline - That's high for me, but we're generous today, call it borderline...
Mostly enjoy flavor: +1=ABSOLUTELY Tootle - That's a tootle prerequisite! Flavor wins over cloud chuckin' always!
Outgrown the cloud chasing scenario: +1=ABSOLUTELY Tootle - Never went there myself but you zeus01 have seen the light!
Hard To talk to someone beautiful behind a cloud: +1=ABSOLUTELY Tootle - Couldn't agree more, don't want my Lady lost in the fog either, no matter what we're doing!

Total Score = +2! Your positive score makes YOU TOTALLY TOOTLE...join the club, We Welcome YOU!

thanks for the warm welcome...

sorry for the sub phm buil;d and the 15watt thing heheheh
I like my vapors warm...
the key is to take it in nice and short :)

and sometimes not even exhale :)

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
It's a nice little package. A nice little kit. I even have the Janty Stick with batteries and USB charger.
You probably saw it too, but saw that those leather janty holders fit a 14500 mini Reo very nicely! Wondering if a 2.1 would fit in it.

glad to see some of tootlin friends join in. I did say I was a tootle puffer who is open to experimentation...... currently experimenting with a .59 dual coil in an atomic on the grand.
Don't hate! The only way to know for sure what you like is to experiment. I'm certainly taking shorter draws. I am getting some notes in my custard I wasn't getting before, but can't really say I like this better, as I'm also getting a bit of metal flavor. Will have to try this new atty later with around a 1.3 build and see what I think. I'm way more about flavor than clouds.

zeus01

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2011
manila
You probably saw it too, but saw that those leather janty holders fit a 14500 mini Reo very nicely! Wondering if a 2.1 would fit in it.

glad to see some of tootlin friends join in. I did say I was a tootle puffer who is open to experimentation...... currently experimenting with a .59 dual coil in an atomic on the grand.
Don't hate! The only way to know for sure what you like is to experiment. I'm certainly taking shorter draws. I am getting some notes in my custard I wasn't getting before, but can't really say I like this better, as I'm also getting a bit of metal flavor. Will have to try this new atty later with around a 1.3 build and see what I think. I'm way more about flavor than clouds.

not sure if additional inputs are needed,but I am bored to id dish out still the same..

youre not hallucinating...

most juices on different wattages act differently..

like a certain juice I have now,if I vaped it at 70watts,its just sweet apple,with a breath of the pie part,youd only smell it...

if at 50,theres a small hint of the pie part,and apple isn't sweet

if its 20ish
its an apple pie altogether...
with a small sourness

another juice
at 70watts,
its tobacco with an after smell of peanuts
at 50 its peanuts and tobacco
20ish is basilly nuts and a hint of tobacco..

I like dual coils as well because of the warmness they give,but not the way they consume your juices :)
and its hard to have a 1 ohm coil on a 0.5mm wire gauge...
well atleast on me..my 0.9ohm coil is basically 15 wraps on a 2.5mm precision screw.
hehehhe and those are a lot of wraps already :)

as for the metallic taste,
maybe the coil is really new?

not sure,dont only time I get a metallic taste is if before I wick I forget to dry fire...

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I discovered that my new black kayfun and pink driptip look excellent on my chameleon iTaste... but it needs a black flared cone. :( They make those, don't they? Black ones?

newkayfunonitaste.jpg

Andria

zeus01

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2011
manila

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Thanks Zeus, yeah I do know that juices will taste different at different watts. Just haven't had a whole lot of experimenting with it to date. Have only been building for a couple months. The metallic taste may just be me today, not sure. It's mild. Will try another build on it later. This one may not have gotten broken in well.

zeus01

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2011
manila
Thanks Zeus, yeah I do know that juices will taste different at different watts. Just haven't had a whole lot of experimenting with it to date. Have only been building for a couple months. The metallic taste may just be me today, not sure. It's mild. Will try another build on it later. This one may not have gotten broken in well.

metallic taste,unles you sticked youre tongue to the hood of your car :)
must be the build,dry burn and rewick again,or check for hotspots,but I guess you know that already...

****so slow day today...
nothing to do...

I hope a bit of trolling is allowed while tootle puffing :)

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
metallic taste,unles you sticked youre tongue to the hood of your car :)
must be the build,dry burn and rewick again,or check for hotspots,but I guess you know that already...

****so slow day today...
nothing to do...

I hope a bit of trolling is allowed while tootle puffing :)

There's always Twitter. I had quite a time, abusing ANTZ trolls on Twitter, while ECF was down. :D

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread