Tomah Wisconsin
7165.gif
Nightey-night.

Metal Storm

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2015
Mid TN USA
I've vaped on it 10 or eleven days.

You're ready for a new one, IMO. I change them out in the nautilus after 7 days. They could go longer but it's my ADV tank and I like a new one in there. Something to consider in addition to how old the coil is.... is how many ml of juice you've been through. You might go through enough that it's ready to be replaced before a week is up. Depends how much you've vaped through it. JMO

Metal Storm

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2015
Mid TN USA
Thanks 0mg. This evening we went out for frozen yogurt. I thought maybe the sweetness of the yogurt changed the flavor, but it's getting worse. That was a couple hours ago.

You can get tired of any juice no matter how good it is if you vape it all the time. Good to switch things up. Even get some unflavored 50/50 and vape that if you've got vaper's tongue bad. I'm glad you are sticking with it. Looks like you are trying some different juices, too.That's the best part of vaping, finding some flavors you really enjoy.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
You're ready for a new one, IMO. I change them out in the Nautilus after 7 days. They could go longer but it's my ADV tank and I like a new one in there. Something to consider in addition to how old the coil is.... is how many ml of juice you've been through. You might go through enough that it's ready to be replaced before a week is up. Depends how much you've vaped through it. JMO

You can get tired of any juice no matter how good it is if you vape it all the time. Good to switch things up. Even get some unflavored 50/50 and vape that if you've got vaper's tongue bad. I'm glad you are sticking with it. Looks like you are trying some different juices, too.That's the best part of vaping, finding some flavors you really enjoy.

Yep, everything that he said. Variety is the key to success with this...

seapeach

Cloud Dweller
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2015
Florida
I changed it and primed it and am letting it sit for half an hour. I'll let ya know how it works. I'm vaping 6-7 mls a day at 10 days now. The first juice I had thinned to 70pg/30vg. This Betelgeuse is 65/35...not a huge difference, but maybe enough on an old gunked up coil.

seapeach

Cloud Dweller
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2015
Florida
My rotation includes coconut, a tobacco blend and menthol .. that's been it for about 2 years ...
You know, I keep a tobacco with a hint of menthol on hand in my pen vape. Seems like I have to hit the mint from time to time or else I'm not completely satisfied. We were in the hang out earlier trying to get my new camera up and running. Then everybody split.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
I changed it and primed it and am letting it sit for half an hour. I'll let ya know how it works. I'm vaping 6-7 mls a day at 10 days now. The first juice I had thinned to 70pg/30vg. This Betelgeuse is 65/35...not a huge difference, but maybe enough on an old gunked up coil.

At the beginning of most PV users journey, it is one of discovery .. trying different things, finding out what works for you .. when I began my journey, back in the Pre Cambrian era, the selection was smaller, products had not yet reached the level of refinement that they have now .. in fact, I started out with an NJOY that cost about $120.00 and was extremely limiting .. I lasted about 2 weeks and went back to the Marlboros .. fast forward several months and I stumbled upon ECF while I was searching for something better ..

I had experienced 3 heart attacks previously, and my DR and Cardiologist were nagging, nagging, nagging that I quit the smokes .. I was so bad, when I would get out of the hospital, guess what the first thing I would do was .. ??

Classwife, a well known name on ECF, took the time to send me in the right direction .. and although I do admit to having 4 cigs since, they were all induced by my resolve being weakened by my old friend Jack Daniels .. and the last one was July 4th, 2013 when I bummed one, took two puffs and said "I can't believe I smoked these things for 45 years" ..

I've told this story before, and the long time folks here have heard it, but sometimes it bears repeating ..

if you ever want to hear my journey through the Land of DIY ... and how I settled on just three flavors ..

seapeach

Cloud Dweller
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2015
Florida
At the beginning of most PV users journey, it is one of discovery .. trying different things, finding out what works for you .. when I began my journey, back in the Pre Cambrian era, the selection was smaller, products had not yet reached the level of refinement that they have now .. in fact, I started out with an NJOY that cost about $120.00 and was extremely limiting .. I lasted about 2 weeks and went back to the Marlboros .. fast forward several months and I stumbled upon ECF while I was searching for something better ..

I had experienced 3 heart attacks previously, and my DR and Cardiologist were nagging, nagging, nagging that I quit the smokes .. I was so bad, when I would get out of the hospital, guess what the first thing I would do was .. ??

Classwife, a well known name on ECF, took the time to send me in the right direction .. and although I do admit to having 4 cigs since, they were all induced by my resolve being weakened by my old friend Jack Daniels .. and the last one was July 4th, 2013 when I bummed one, took two puffs and said "I can't believe I smoked these things for 45 years" ..

I've told this story before, and the long time folks here have heard it, but sometimes it bears repeating ..

if you ever want to hear my journey through the Land of DIY ... and how I settled on just three flavors ..
I'm always listening and learning. I was Marlboro also, but menthol. MY dad died in April and I know if he had quit smoking BEFORE his cardiac problems got so bad, he might still be alive. I know what you mean about jonesin for a smoke though. I had a major surgery and they were going to keep me overnight. I knew I couldn't have my smoke, so I begged the doc to let me leave (Nancy nurse and all that), she did. As soon as we pulled out of the parking lot I had to have one.

That was definitely a coil issue. I'm vaping it now and it's fine and flavorful. I did hit the menthol a while ago though.

I'm looking forward to DIY. I need recipes though. I'm sure I'll formulate my own over time, but clueless how to get started. The percents for flavors. I'm still studying the different flavors I bought. Some are concentrates and others aren't. Can't say I knew what I was doing when I bought them.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
I'm always listening and learning. I was Marlboro also, but menthol. MY dad died in April and I know if he had quit smoking BEFORE his cardiac problems got so bad, he might still be alive. I know what you mean about jonesin for a smoke though. I had a major surgery and they were going to keep me overnight. I knew I couldn't have my smoke, so I begged the doc to let me leave (Nancy nurse and all that), she did. As soon as we pulled out of the parking lot I had to have one.

That was definitely a coil issue. I'm vaping it now and it's fine and flavorful. I did hit the menthol a while ago though.

I'm looking forward to DIY. I need recipes though. I'm sure I'll formulate my own over time, but clueless how to get started. The percents for flavors. I'm still studying the different flavors I bought. Some are concentrates and others aren't. Can't say I knew what I was doing when I bought them.

My last Hospital stay was far enough back that they still had a smoking area .. it was a dingy backwoods corner with a few benches and ashtrays .. I was fully mobile, it was a large Hospital, I was in an upper floor .. and I found my way there .. the part that I will likely never forget was the number of folks that would be there wheeling around IV contraptions and what not ..

Myself being one of those type people that have no qualms about striking up a conversation with a total stranger, some of these people were in for some major work .. like waiting for a transplant major .. such is the Power of the Nicotine .. although you will get plenty of debate on the subject, and plenty of anger in many cases, I am of the school that believes I am still an addict, just in a different, and likely, safer alternative .. no disrespect intended to anyone, just my way of thinking .. and the hand to mouth habit adds .. I told my DR once "Patches, really .. ?? I'd just as soon roll 'em and smoke 'em" .. Chantix, been there, Welbutrin, been there, Hypnosis, been there, Gum, been there ..

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
I'm in the hang out typing away on a novel. If you want to join me and enlighten me. Or, print it here and I'll read in a sec.

Although I very much appreciate the invite, I'm taking a Rain Check .. I've been out of town since Friday, 2 flights and the standard Airport hassles, I think I'm just going to finish off this nice glass of wine while I watch this weeks episode of "Game of Thrones" and then hit the hay .. :) .. I just kinda felt like talking earlier ..

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Would help to know if ya hooked or sliced!
Yes.

Since it was Bells - it had to be a slice... LOL
Ah! You assume I'm left-handed I guess. If I was, a slice would go off to the left.

The first juice I had thinned to 70pg/30vg. This Betelgeuse is 65/35...not a huge difference, but maybe enough on an old gunked up coil.
That amount of difference is insignificant. Anyone who says they could detect the difference would be kidding themselves.

Oh, come on, either tell the story or don't. We've told you that before. You should not request that we beg.:)

Tell us the specific name and manufacturer of each flavor, or maybe just 5 or 6 of them if you bought a boatload. Then we can point you to recommended percentages.

seapeach

Cloud Dweller
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2015
Florida
My last Hospital stay was far enough back that they still had a smoking area .. it was a dingy backwoods corner with a few benches and ashtrays .. I was fully mobile, it was a large Hospital, I was in an upper floor .. and I found my way there .. the part that I will likely never forget was the number of folks that would be there wheeling around IV contraptions and what not ..

Myself being one of those type people that have no qualms about striking up a conversation with a total stranger, some of these people were in for some major work .. like waiting for a transplant major .. such is the Power of the Nicotine .. although you will get plenty of debate on the subject, and plenty of anger in many cases, I am of the school that believes I am still an addict, just in a different, and likely, safer alternative .. no disrespect intended to anyone, just my way of thinking .. and the hand to mouth habit adds .. I told my DR once "Patches, really .. ?? I'd just as soon roll 'em and smoke 'em" .. Chantix, been there, Welbutrin, been there, Hypnosis, been there, Gum, been there ..
I went through the gamut too. Tried everything. I feel the rush of nicotine at about five minutes into a vape. No way I'm not an addict. And I like it. My head clears, my focus sharpens. I'm very much in tune with myself.

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
Well, I suppose today I'm either too early or too late .. knocked on the door at Deb's Place and no ones home .. I guess they all left town for the long weekend .. I swear I took a shower and used deodorant ... ;)
I must have been ther 10 min later than you. Went in... No one home... Came back out.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
I went through the gamut too. Tried everything. I feel the rush of nicotine at about five minutes into a vape. No way I'm not an addict. And I like it. My head clears, my focus sharpens. I'm very much in tune with myself.

Nothing beats that first cup 'o joe and that nico rush first thing in the AM .. testify .. :)

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
I must have been ther 10 min later than you. Went in... No one home... Came back out.

When the House Ain't Rocking, No Sense on Goin' In .. my Google account indicates who's home when I link in .. if It says I'm the first, I hang my head and walk away .. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread