bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Almond Brothers

Almond Brothers
Gary's Spelling School musical group of the day!

Cashed in this week, won the madvapes contest and the star mountain contest
Wow, Russell! Congrats!

Willie, I've always loved it when you "ramble". Especially because they usually cause me to think (yes, that does happen contrary to popular demand and normally in the wee hours) about what is really important in life. Well anyhoo, a bit of your past made me think of a song that was written about interracial and same sex topics, but to me it can represents most anyone. Or maybe I am just thinking about me.
viannen_39.gif
I have my bags packed and I am so ready to fly. . .
tender.gif

Thank you Willie.:wub:

Never heard that before. Without the video I would not have picked up on the message of the song; not the first time that's happened. Excellent and powerful!

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
My afternoon beverage of choice during the Odyssey. Actually got some others enjoying it and had to pickup some more.

110677255.jpg

Cool - image search actually returned a pic w/ a PV.

Lurker checking in.. I went to Costco today, saw this, and thought of the Odyssey! Anyone thirsty?
2016-04-30 12.24.09 small.jpg

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Lurker checking in.. I went to Costco today, saw this, and thought of the Odyssey! Anyone thirsty?
good to see you!! I soooooooooo wish we had a costco around here..... but newp, they put in another Sam's 20 mins away :rolleyes:

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
Greetings and salutations from SoCal ..

Last night, I got in late and although it's been a fairly grueling couple of weeks for me, and perhaps because of that, I was sleepless for some time, in fact, till around 3 AM .. it's odd for me .. I almost came on the Thread, however, that would have required a trip to the Lobby, since my Wi-Fi signal does not have great Kung Fu .. at any rate, I did write .. so here we go ..

It's been quite a while since I went on a ramble, in days past, although I did not do it weekly, it was fairly regular .. so, it's 2 AM on a early Saturday morning, and my sleeplessness compels me to the keyboard .. feel very much free to skip this, and I'm sure some of you will .. ;) .. I'm just unloading some baggage by taking it from my mind and putting it down in writing ..

When I was a young man, after my Military Service, I was very much in love with a beautiful African/American young woman and she was very much in love with me .. and although the "Times Were A'Changin' ", it was, back then, a very tough situation for mixed race couples .. you see, I date easily far enough back to remember the "White Only" signs segregated water fountains, etc, at least in the South .. we did not stay together, and that had a part in why .. likely, neither of us felt we were strong enough to withstand the out lash .. my mind still drifts back to those days, and it's drifting now ..

At any rate, before I digress any further, on a lark one night, we decided to visit a Fortune Teller, who read our palms .. to this day, I remember so clearly, she looked up from my palm, looked me straight in the eyes and said "Do what you love, and the rest will come" .. (She also mentioned something about a Man from Panama that would play into my History, but so far, no luck on that ;)) .. now, I know, "Do what you love, and the rest will come" is a generic, blanket phrase, however, I felt it was the best advice I had ever had, and so, it stayed with me .. and that's exactly what I did ..

Now, today, I have known for a long time that I am most happy, most fulfilled, most alive when I do what I love, because, it's not work to me .. and that's why, even at my age, I continue to do what I do and have no plans on ever entering what most would consider real retirement .. I'm not a rich man, by any stretch of the imagination, but I've done alright .. I will work till I just can't anymore and hope I drop dead quickly and painlessly as I work ..

But, did "Do what you love, and the rest will come" fully and completely work out .. ?? No .. because, along the way, I either lost track or just did not care enough about my personal relationships to give them as much care as I should have .. going thru multiple marriages and relationships, etc (Old Timers here may or may not remember some of my past History from old threads) ..

I suppose that's one of the prime reasons the obscure Original Thread, that I ran across by accident one day, came to mean as much to me as it did .. and the prime reason I hang on still .. I don't have many blood relatives left, and my crew of real life friends has dwindled down over the years thru death, age, etc ..

To finally wrap this up, because I know a ramble from an Old Man that's a bit in his cups and likely getting boring at this point :: I had so looked forward to making a real life connection with those that might consider befriending me in Real Life, that I was very much saddened by Kismet playing against me when a dream I had had called the Odyssey took place .. although I am far from a perfect person, and my ways are certainly not everyone's cup of tea, I can be a friend, regardless of what some may have heard .. :) I don't feel like I have the right anymore to float any ideas about a future get together, but that may change, I don't know .. I just hope that there is, at some point, another opportunity .. not just for me, but for all that care to participate ..

In closing, I would like to thank those of you that have been my Virtual Friends, because when I have some of those Dark Days, this obscure but precious Thread remains my Campfire, a beacon that keeps me captive in the best way possible .. Sincerely :: Willie

Willie, I love reading your rambles! ((((hugs))))
Me too!
Cashed in this week, won the madvapes contest and the star mountain contest

Sent from a dark, twisted corner of the back porch, covered in cobwebs and slightly damp.
Congratulations! That should brush off a few of those cobwebsfor awhile. Nice wins!

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
Well, I took the big leap and stepped on the scale this afternoon to see what damage our little excursion did to me... :oops: Hehehe - not one pound - I may have even lost another pound... :rolleyes::):D

Not nice !!! But, I've already lost one of the six I put on from sitting around doing nothing for seven days......:unsure:

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Well, I took the big leap and stepped on the scale this afternoon to see what damage our little excursion did to me... :oops: Hehehe - not one pound - I may have even lost another pound... :rolleyes::):D
Good for you! I didn't gain any either which is amazing with Mr Peach's midnight frozen yogurt/custard runs! But we ate pretty healthy, I didn't drink much, and I had a lot more exercise than I'm used to here. course, I could put on 20 and ya wouldn't be able to tell :eek:

garyoa1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Love the deer pics Dave......and wow Gary, it amazes me the stuff you can do on the puter.
Yabutt I kin spel beddr n' I dew dat stuph. Obvee-uslee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread