14716078_10154634810568464_902388325365223237_n.jpg

I've had days like that....

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
The Durango/Silverton railroad still has a brakeman of every train. They also have a fireman, and on the way up to Silverton, boy does he shovel the coal.

I much preferred their old name - The Denver and Rio Grande Western. Some of those old names just had a kind of magic.
Denver and Rio Grande sounds so much better. That train holds a special place in hubby's heart. He grew up in the Denver area and took many trips on it. He is a steam engine buff. I wish there was one of those trains around here to ride. The last time I rode one I was pregnant with our son in the early 70s.

And then there is that steam whistle sound! OMG that's magical! I created a ringtone for hubby's iphone. At least we get to hear it every time he gets a text message. If any of you want it for your iphone I can send it to you as well as directions to load it if you dont know how.

Last edited:

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Well heres the Birthday Girl this morning. 64 today. She'll probably kill me for posting this. Notice the Death Grip on the TC40
wwGm2P6EIR4mp0qYymMLpQyej6uq_ji1e227ri5RENiX8iLv2t6ep6H3w6XaJZIxnmprdgIhJ-SbkQwJ4pQo3c_MLRZsoI1SlHdBlPP8Qnl88eaCZiAunvdXu7H6PQ4qVPfnH9-s-duh_hwqh0WmPwnD2ccn78FIO7yqMQ6frlQIVf5hBwbc1irGSJFQkJM7xHEyJJEzF1_L8szO2P71lU9T7Z5-0VBbjFLPckVmQegQV0MHsRd4qLlaKjSxUUQYM_pt6JbTB0OZR3FfkQO9colKKhsm0mG39RUkyPKZPrW51_WPISsr43kqfajF1kJ8lyuvDrrOAch-CLg-Jr0WLX7DYiOpBNCbxdpLyFlmJlz2HBBOED7Vx9acl53-nJJrV2BPC4D_rDOGvw5UB_W2yq70h8s3t24L50ZgvG9NLUK4DwFLVq4kQ-tCr_ue81K4Q_dgukcnNv6GGa5qSsLVPYOOmnD0XbuDPXyuKv2wVJs_V8AuzlWflfLKXh8m7_UnZcSVHGxzuODtjYgWhCNbKb9yhlMCel6XEAeJ_X1hcffYqXPBf9OHi-ihzHZ42q2hURg2h7PEBVdPMgu2bhImtwLXl77pToZ9hzPTPryTMeK4gLPU5A=w606-h808-no
Can't see the pic, & I'm a day behind, but Happy Birthday, Ginny!

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Back home. Went to my nephew's wedding in Green Bay. Drove a rental car. First time driving in two years. Finding a balance between leadfoot and featherfoot was tricky.
Happy Birthday Dancing!!
Thank you! I'm glad you had a good trip!
Fer yuor viwenig plsearue...

MONSOON
Wow!
Oh, and we did have the best Doberman National ever, $$$. A "new" vehicle is in my future! Off to Atlanta next.
Finally! [singing]Cathy's getting a new vehicle! Cathy's getting a new vehicle![/singing]
There is an app called Zedge that has thousands upon thousands of sounds for ringtones, notifications, etc. I found several steam engine sounds there for Android users... It's a fun app!
Thank you!

Sir Kadly

Tootle Wompin' Squonkaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana
    But where's Capaldi??!!
    I didn't find one with all 12, sorry. My search limit when I get it in my head to find a dumb image to go along with one of my dumb jokes is about 20 seconds. After that, I either quit looking or forget what my joke was. Which sometimes people would probably prefer. ;)

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    I didn't find one with all 12, sorry. My search limit when I get it in my head to find a dumb image to go along with one of my dumb jokes is about 20 seconds. After that, I either quit looking or forget what my joke was. Which sometimes people would probably prefer. ;)

You're forgiven :)

(Especially since he and the whole darn show have been missing all year!! :w00t: :lol: )

Iffy

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 3, 2011
    Florida Suncoast
    Oh, and we did have the best Doberman National ever, $$$. A "new" vehicle is in my future!

Great new$ on da $how!

Well, I can only think of one vehicle line with a canine pedigree...

Mack-Trucks-Logo.jpg

Range Rover is too generic.

Sir Kadly

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana
    They lost me when they replaced David Tennant as the Doctor....:(
    Tom Baker was still the best, but I suppose for the modern ones, Tennant was very good. I actually wish we'd had more of Eccleston.

Sir Kadly

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana
    LOL.....I think anybody who has watched it over the years has their own favorite Doctor.....
    What? Not everybody thinks Baker (Tom, not Colin who in my opinion was one of the worst) was the best? I don't believe it.:lol:

Kenna

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 14, 2014
    Texas, USA
    Train story from my childhood that brings back fond memories.

There was a dairy farm that had a small ice cream parlor next to the cow barn. Train tracks ran behind the building. Sometimes a freight train would come along; the engineer would stop, hop out, get an ice cream and get back on the train. Then train would move forward until the caboose was at the parlor and stop again so the brakeman could get one too. Those were the days of real ice cream and it was well worth the visit. We'd wander into the barn with our ice cream and check out the cows and calves but it was exciting to be there when the train stopped. Oh the simple joys of childhood.
    Those are fun memories to have!

Nermal

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 8, 2013
    Farmington, NM USA

I prefer the personal touch, so I usually cut a few slices of bread into cubes and wrap them individually in aluminum foil. Sure, it's more effort, but well worth it when you see the little dickens comparing treasures under the street light. The looks on their little faces as they eagerly unwrap the foil is priceless. In fact, just imagining it is payback enough for the extra work.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 18, 2012
    Texas, near Fort Hood
    I prefer the personal touch, so I usually cut a few slices of bread into cubes and wrap them individually in aluminum foil. Sure, it's more effort, but well worth it when you see the little dickens comparing treasures under the street light. The looks on their little faces as they eagerly unwrap the foil is priceless. In fact, just imagining it is payback enough for the extra work.
    hehehe just don't imagine the payback the lil heathens will get afterwards!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread