yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
Surprise! Surprise!! Surprise!!!

................. To the fifth incarnation of the Back Porch
Mike has handed off to me the task of opening new threads for the Back Porch and notifying a mod when we need to close an old one.

While I have referred to this as a "task", it is not a chore, but a privilege. Being a charter member from the very first 55 and Older......which split into the two porches, I am honored to carry on what Txtumbleweed started and Mike has so beautifully continued.

For those who weren't fortunate enough to know him, Txtumbleweed was a friend, mentor and great story teller. A person who cared that we older folks had a comfortable place to ask questions, share knowledge, and our vaping journey. When that first thread was moved to the lounge because of too much chit chat and off topic posts......he started the Front and Back Porches, and guided those threads with a gentle hand.

The Front Porch, where posts were to be kept to vaping subjects, so as to keep it in the general discussion area of the forum, where new members to ECF could easily find it. The Back Porch is where we can all hang out, share our stories, pics, music, jokes, important life events, be they happy or sad. Just about any topic......within reason .... can be discussed here ;)

And if you wish to just keep it to vaping......please join in on The Front Porch

Older Folks and Vaping Front Porch - Part Four

As there is no way I can improve on the opening posts that Mike has made.....I'm giving you a link to the opening post for Older Folks and Vaping Back Porch-Part Four. :)

Older Folks and Vaping Back Porch - Part Four

We've got a new Back Porch.....so pull out those chairs, rockers, recliners, put your feet up and enjoy. There is no age limit, no ID check....Many have come and gone, but all are WELCOME....and we hope you stay and sit a spell :)

Won't y'all please join me in thanking Mike for continuing this Porch that has become a home to many of us...?

Older People 55 and Up - precursor to Back Porch

Older Folks and Vaping - precursor to Front Porch

Older Folks and Vaping Back Porch - Part 2

Older Folks and Vaping Back Porch - Part Three

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Woohoo! Back Porch #5 is here. Thank you Sandra for taking over, I appreciate you doing it.

Folks ... I was feeling a bit stale and also needed some time to work on the back porch transporter. So a week or so back I asked Sandra if she would be willing to take it over. She's been around the porch since Randell opened the 1st one and I thought she be a good choice. Well actually, I looked around the house and realized Janet takes care of the cleaning, cooking and checkbook and the house runs pretty good, so I looked around here for a woman to take over. At time we men need all the help we can get.

Thanks again Sandra!

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
OK - I'm going to pull a Matt with some back to back posts.

I'm so thankful for all the folks I've meet on the porches (Front and Back). You all are like family, squabbles included but unlike family we get them behind us and continue to have fun and help each other out.

I don't think my vaping journey would have been as easy or as much fun without you all. Although, I'm pretty sure my debit card wouldn't be hit as hard for new and shiny stuff if I was around here so much.

Looking back on the last year or so of the back porch two things come to mind. First, how much we care and know each other from the hangout one night. Yep, that night one of us had a true medical emergency and the others on the call pulled together to get the 1st responders to him. I wasn't there ... but when I heard about it I was relieved it worked out well and so proud of the folks that came together to make it happen. Well done people!

Second thing that comes to mind, is taking the back porch another step into the techno world. Thanks to Torey's knowledge of Google Hangouts and Debadoo making it happen. The folks of the back porch can come together across the world wide web and interact in real-time w/ video. Again well done!

Sign in - Google Accounts

Last edited:

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
Now that is a surprise. Good work, Yiddle. I might just read the threads from before I joined.

I thought the surprise would be pix of the meet-up house in Florida.

They're a good read....;) I went back there in the past few months and re-read them all. So many memories tied to those threads and the people in them. :)

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
They're a good read....;) I went back there in the past few months and re-read them all. So many memories tied to those threads and the people in them. :)

Speaking of going back in time. I was pulling up the old threads and precursor threads to the porches. Our roots go back to February 2012.

Precursor threads:

Feb 6, 2012, started by Bluesman, 33,89 Posts
Older People - 55 years and up!

Apr 22, 2012, started by Bluesman, 626 Posts
Mature Vapers! Talk to us

Seed of the back porch

Apr 21, 2012, started by txttumbleweed, 18,916 Posts
Older People 55 and Up

The back porches:

Jan 29, 2014, started by MikeE3, 15,043 Posts
Older Folks and Vaping Back Porch - Part 2

Mar 7, 2015, started by MikeE3, 15,136 Posts
Older Folks and Vaping Back Porch - Part Three

Aug 23, 2015, started by MikeE3, 14,443 Posts

So our roots go back to the original Bluesman threads. There was a fallout over limiting what could / could not be talked about in Bluesman's thread. So txttumbleweed started another thread for open discussion. The pre-cursor threads died off and the porch heritage began.

Last edited:

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Classic-Wooden-Front-Porch-Rocking-Chairs-674131.jpg

Whee !

I'm here :)

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Hi Classy,

Thanks for closing the old porch with a sign pointing here.

Say ... a quick question ... are post counts like Sprint mobile minutes? Can we carry them forward? We still had about 600 posts before hitting the 15K limit? :D

OK, that was 3 questions. :rolleyes:

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Hi Classy,

Thanks for closing the old porch with a sign pointing here.

Say ... a quick question ... are post counts like Sprint mobile minutes? Can we carry them forward, we still had about 600 posts before hitting the 15K limit? :D

It's not an exact thing...kindawhenIgetaroundtoit thing :)

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
Wow, new digs! Thank you Mike for all the work you have done and Yiddle for stepping up and carrying it on. I believe I became a regular in part 3 and I have read a lot of the back posts. Just warms my heart to be a part of such a fantastic group of people.

Carry on!

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Now that is a surprise. Good work, Yiddle. I might just read the threads from before I joined.

I thought the surprise would be pix of the meet-up house in Florida.

Sorry you guessed wrong. I get to keep the Provari Prize then. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread