Older Folks and Vaping Back Porch - Part Five

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
I have an older desktop for the serious stuff; a laptop for watching TV and surfing; a tablet that is too big for doing the things I can now do with a smaller tablet. The moral of this story is that I, too, did not think before I presented my credit card and begged the salesperson to give me that shiny PC. The smaller tablet is just the right size to put in my "dialysis comforts" bag along with my warm throw, a small bottle of apple juice, Ritz peanut butter crackers, cell phone and ear phones. (3 days a week............3 1/2 hours MWF)

Wow...thank you for sharing this info !Especially the part about the credit card...take my money please:D

Now I'm gonna look into tablets!

oldbroad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
That time a fan stole the pace car at Talladega Superspeedway
Here is something for the NASCAR fans.
I'm a few pages behind but had to share this little bit of NASCAR trivia. I will get caught up tomorrow while I'm on the patio smoking a couple racks of ribs and a spiral cut ham. They have been rubbed down and are marinating in the fridge. Dinner will be when the ribs are falling off the bones. I have to admit, there are some aspects of smoking I haven't been able to give up.

View attachment 550212

...stealin..err...barrowing ..your drum roll....

oldbroad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
I thought you wete going to roll it around on the cart?

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

Lol...that was my intent, but with the weight of the cart, rolling it over carpet, and the weight of the laptop, it's a chore. " sides, my main intent was to take it out to the sunporch and outside...no rolling the cart to either place cuz of the steps:(

I messed up!

oldbroad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
7feda942286f2d63285a9857c256d624.jpg

Good morning porchers!
We are celebrating my youngest granddaughter's first birthday today. Praying I'll live long enough to see her grow up.

Pics or it didn't happen! P.Sp...I didn't think I'd live long enough either...but here I am and they're all officially adults!And you're so full of life you'll probably see your great grandaughters.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
..I'll still be half asleep:D

Knowing you, no you won't... after eyeing da male interns...
giggle.gif

Da next thing after mending will be dat horse ride in da water!

Yea...it's waaaaaay older, but it's in much better shape than mine.

Yepper, older can be better; including vehicles!
whistle.gif

My ol' early '99 two door Tahoe has over 160K miles on it. I'll have it totally refurb'd if ever required!

He is the same but. . . I've gained 10 lbs. grrrr

Airlines don't charge extra fer dat!
... believe me. . . my
csk.gif
was down there with you.

Torey, hopefully ya can attend da next PO!
smiley-gets-a-big-hug_zpsl4smnmvg.gif

Last edited:

oldbroad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Of all things, my GD called me this morning all stressed out about the surgery!Was in a panic about the surgery and the "patient advocate" paper.Was gonna take time off from work without pay!, and needed the paperwork for the bosses ASAP .Even tho she knew that I'd be going from the hospital to Physical Rehab for at least a week or two.
She insists I'll need her care even when I get home.....I thought she knew me better than that:D

Oh wait...hmmm...I'll be "needing" to dig in the dirt and plant flowers and such....:thumb:

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
(and play wiphph someone's hiney at the same time), you can do anything!!!

We wasn't supposed to tell!!!!!:D

She didn't have to. Ya did dat at 400' altitude. So, not only did da boat folk see ya, so did da hundreds of beachers!

BTW, did I ever thank you?
BigGrin-1.gif

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
Have to do a major cleaning of my car today...going to hang a sign on it.
It's an 02 with 160K miles on it...and a lot of the gadgets don't work.
I've never kept a car this long !
My Dad is giving me his 97 Maxima that is perfect with less than 60K miles on it.
Sigh.........I sure miss getting a new car every couple of years :lol:
That's a new car, New to you anyway! ;)

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
I take it you all had a meet somewhere? How good would that be.! I did try the new members thread, but realised pretty quickly that how and why they vape is likely to be a fair bit different than me. I could tell that from all those videos I didn't understand, they were largely impressed by big clouds and cool gear. I just wanted to stay off the smokes, so I typed mature in the search box and yay. I really thought I was beyond being able to quit, cruddy lungs or not. A young friend said e cigs were a whole lot better than the first ones that came out, and I sat with users manual for 2 days, finally put it together, and when that pack of smokes was empty, I vaped instead. It worked.

So proud of you for being able to put them down so quickly. You go girl!!!

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
Greetings and salutations from SoCal ..

Last night, I got in late and although it's been a fairly grueling couple of weeks for me, and perhaps because of that, I was sleepless for some time, in fact, till around 3 AM .. it's odd for me .. I almost came on the Thread, however, that would have required a trip to the Lobby, since my Wi-Fi signal does not have great Kung Fu .. at any rate, I did write .. so here we go ..

It's been quite a while since I went on a ramble, in days past, although I did not do it weekly, it was fairly regular .. so, it's 2 AM on a early Saturday morning, and my sleeplessness compels me to the keyboard .. feel very much free to skip this, and I'm sure some of you will .. ;) .. I'm just unloading some baggage by taking it from my mind and putting it down in writing ..

When I was a young man, after my Military Service, I was very much in love with a beautiful African/American young woman and she was very much in love with me .. and although the "Times Were A'Changin' ", it was, back then, a very tough situation for mixed race couples .. you see, I date easily far enough back to remember the "White Only" signs segregated water fountains, etc, at least in the South .. we did not stay together, and that had a part in why .. likely, neither of us felt we were strong enough to withstand the out lash .. my mind still drifts back to those days, and it's drifting now ..

At any rate, before I digress any further, on a lark one night, we decided to visit a Fortune Teller, who read our palms .. to this day, I remember so clearly, she looked up from my palm, looked me straight in the eyes and said "Do what you love, and the rest will come" .. (She also mentioned something about a Man from Panama that would play into my History, but so far, no luck on that ;)) .. now, I know, "Do what you love, and the rest will come" is a generic, blanket phrase, however, I felt it was the best advice I had ever had, and so, it stayed with me .. and that's exactly what I did ..

Now, today, I have known for a long time that I am most happy, most fulfilled, most alive when I do what I love, because, it's not work to me .. and that's why, even at my age, I continue to do what I do and have no plans on ever entering what most would consider real retirement .. I'm not a rich man, by any stretch of the imagination, but I've done alright .. I will work till I just can't anymore and hope I drop dead quickly and painlessly as I work ..

But, did "Do what you love, and the rest will come" fully and completely work out .. ?? No .. because, along the way, I either lost track or just did not care enough about my personal relationships to give them as much care as I should have .. going thru multiple marriages and relationships, etc (Old Timers here may or may not remember some of my past History from old threads) ..

I suppose that's one of the prime reasons the obscure Original Thread, that I ran across by accident one day, came to mean as much to me as it did .. and the prime reason I hang on still .. I don't have many blood relatives left, and my crew of real life friends has dwindled down over the years thru death, age, etc ..

To finally wrap this up, because I know a ramble from an Old Man that's a bit in his cups and likely getting boring at this point :: I had so looked forward to making a real life connection with those that might consider befriending me in Real Life, that I was very much saddened by Kismet playing against me when a dream I had had called the Odyssey took place .. although I am far from a perfect person, and my ways are certainly not everyone's cup of tea, I can be a friend, regardless of what some may have heard .. :) I don't feel like I have the right anymore to float any ideas about a future get together, but that may change, I don't know .. I just hope that there is, at some point, another opportunity .. not just for me, but for all that care to participate ..

In closing, I would like to thank those of you that have been my Virtual Friends, because when I have some of those Dark Days, this obscure but precious Thread remains my Campfire, a beacon that keeps me captive in the best way possible .. Sincerely :: Willie

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Greetings and salutations from SoCal ..

Last night, I got in late and although it's been a fairly grueling couple of weeks for me, and perhaps because of that, I was sleepless for some time, in fact, till around 3 AM .. it's odd for me .. I almost came on the Thread, however, that would have required a trip to the Lobby, since my Wi-Fi signal does not have great Kung Fu .. at any rate, I did write .. so here we go ..

It's been quite a while since I went on a ramble, in days past, although I did not do it weekly, it was fairly regular .. so, it's 2 AM on a early Saturday morning, and my sleeplessness compels me to the keyboard .. feel very much free to skip this, and I'm sure some of you will .. ;) .. I'm just unloading some baggage by taking it from my mind and putting it down in writing ..

When I was a young man, after my Military Service, I was very much in love with a beautiful African/American young woman and she was very much in love with me .. and although the "Times Were A'Changin' ", it was, back then, a very tough situation for mixed race couples .. you see, I date easily far enough back to remember the "White Only" signs segregated water fountains, etc, at least in the South .. we did not stay together, and that had a part in why .. likely, neither of us felt we were strong enough to withstand the out lash .. my mind still drifts back to those days, and it's drifting now ..

At any rate, before I digress any further, on a lark one night, we decided to visit a Fortune Teller, who read our palms .. to this day, I remember so clearly, she looked up from my palm, looked me straight in the eyes and said "Do what you love, and the rest will come" .. (She also mentioned something about a Man from Panama that would play into my History, but so far, no luck on that ;)) .. now, I know, "Do what you love, and the rest will come" is a generic, blanket phrase, however, I felt it was the best advice I had ever had, and so, it stayed with me .. and that's exactly what I did ..

Now, today, I have known for a long time that I am most happy, most fulfilled, most alive when I do what I love, because, it's not work to me .. and that's why, even at my age, I continue to do what I do and have no plans on ever entering what most would consider real retirement .. I'm not a rich man, by any stretch of the imagination, but I've done alright .. I will work till I just can't anymore and hope I drop dead quickly and painlessly as I work ..

But, did "Do what you love, and the rest will come" fully and completely work out .. ?? No .. because, along the way, I either lost track or just did not care enough about my personal relationships to give them as much care as I should have .. going thru multiple marriages and relationships, etc (Old Timers here may or may not remember some of my past History from old threads) ..

I suppose that's one of the prime reasons the obscure Original Thread, that I ran across by accident one day, came to mean as much to me as it did .. and the prime reason I hang on still .. I don't have many blood relatives left, and my crew of real life friends has dwindled down over the years thru death, age, etc ..

To finally wrap this up, because I know a ramble from an Old Man that's a bit in his cups and likely getting boring at this point :: I had so looked forward to making a real life connection with those that might consider befriending me in Real Life, that I was very much saddened by Kismet playing against me when a dream I had had called the Odyssey took place .. although I am far from a perfect person, and my ways are certainly not everyone's cup of tea, I can be a friend, regardless of what some may have heard .. :) I don't feel like I have the right anymore to float any ideas about a future get together, but that may change, I don't know .. I just hope that there is, at some point, another opportunity .. not just for me, but for all that care to participate ..

In closing, I would like to thank those of you that have been my Virtual Friends, because when I have some of those Dark Days, this obscure but precious Thread remains my Campfire, a beacon that keeps me captive in the best way possible .. Sincerely :: Willie

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
While Waylon is certainly fitting, I will raise you some Almond Brothers and some Marshall Tucker .. :) .. raise a glass, that is .. ;)

Ahh, yes ... The Almond Brothers is actually the first one that came to mind ... Really like that one.:thumb:

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Cashed in this week, won the madvapes contest and the star mountain contest

Sent from a dark, twisted corner of the back porch, covered in cobwebs and slightly damp.

On a roll you are :thumbs:

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie

Sent from a dark, twisted corner of the back porch, covered in cobwebs and slightly damp.

I would tend to think, that at least for a brief time, those wins were uplifting .. congratulations, Russ .. :) ..

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
Willie, I've always loved it when you "ramble". Especially because they usually cause me to think (yes, that does happen contrary to popular demand and normally in the wee hours) about what is really important in life. Well anyhoo, a bit of your past made me think of a song that was written about interracial and same sex topics, but to me it can represents most anyone. Or maybe I am just thinking about me.
viannen_39.gif
I have my bags packed and I am so ready to fly. . .
tender.gif

Thank you Willie.:wub:

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
@Debadoo I got all of my gear we ordered, set up my coil master kit and got my batteries charged and in place. Been using the REO all day. LOVE the flavor :wub:
yay!! I got my batts ordered, and a couple other things I needed. really glad you're loving the flavor. As to vapor, if I blow out as much as I did with a smoke, I'm happy lol I do ok for 70+ pg juice and 1.3 ohm coils. Mishaps happen, as there is definitely a bit of a learning curve with squonking, but no more gurgles, or buying coils. Mostly I love that within a few minutes, I can yank the cotton out, dry burn and essentially have a brand new coil but one that's already broken in!

My Dad is giving me his 97 Maxima that is perfect with less than 60K miles on it.
oh that's great!! I've had one new car in my life. Wasn't worth it to me. Last sorta newish one I bought was in Jan of 92 I bought a 91 plymouth acclaim. It had been a program (lease) car. There were some scratches, and a big key mark down one side, bought it for 7K and drove it for 14 years. I'd do that again in a hearbeat!!

We are celebrating my youngest granddaughter's first birthday today. Praying I'll live long enough to see her grow up.
awwwwww hope the bday party is going wonderful!! Hope it doesn't wear you out with all them peeples!!

(and play wiphph someone's hiney at the same time), you can do anything!!!

We wasn't supposed to tell!!!!!:D
hehehe Iffy pretty well covered that, but just to add, I expect there is a pic or two of it floating around anyhow!! :lol:

Wow...thank you for sharing this info !Especially the part about the credit card...take my money please:D

Now I'm gonna look into tablets!
They might be your cup of tea, but I would doubt it, at least for the forum etc, cuz it looks way different and things work different on a tablet cuz it's much smaller. But you can always roll the puter around on your walker, and that will go out to the sun porch etc.

nice!!! Good for you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread