Status
Not open for further replies.

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Oh WOW! I am overwhelmed with all of the kind words and uplifting thoughts. I don't know how to do the multiple quotes like deb? does, however, I want to say thanks to everyone. This is a hard time for me as the 3-year anniversary of her being taken from me and 26 years of marriage all occur this week. Who would have thought we would make it work. She hated motorcycles when we first started dating. The Navy, in its infinite wisdom, sent me from San Francisco to San Diego to become a motorcycle safety instructor. I was forced to ride my motorcycle down Highway 1. Oh, the horrors!! LOL. Anyway, she decided since I was an instructor she would try riding with me. Soon after getting my certification, I bought an old '84 Honda Goldwing from a fellow instructor at Alameda Naval Air Station. On the first weekend ride to Monterey, I created a monster. We rode the wheels off that bike. She found another newer used Goldwing and she bought it for us. It is in the garage and I can't bring myself to ride it anymore. It isn't the same without the queen in her seat. Somehow, the microphone for her headset didn't work. She had a habit of singing along to the radio or tape. One thing she couldn't do was carry a tune. However, she did it with gusto. LOL
Thanks for listening to this ol man travel down memory lane. Anyone want to buy a Goldwing? I'll make ya a good deal.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Good Morning. Look who is bright eyed and bushy tailed again this morning. Been up since 6. Was not near as sore as I thought I would be this morning from all I did yesterday.
Yay!!! glad to see you getting better sleep. That'll make a lot of difference in how you feel!

I miss my Porch family a lot!!
We miss you too, but we do understand

If it is at all possible to get the Intel i3 that would be a good thing. JMHO
Not in the market for one myself, wish I were, but thanks.

Diver it's pretty simple to do the multi quotes if you want to.
to do the whole quote, hit the +quote button. To do a partial quote, highlight the portion that you want to quote, and a small black box will pop up that says +quote or reply. Click on +quote. Once you have all of them that you want added to the +quotes, at the bottom left of the reply box, there is a box that will appear that says insert quotes. click that, then you have the option to remove any you don't want in there, if you want them all, click insert quotes or whatever it says, and it will put them all in the reply box. To reply to each one, just make sure you put your reply AFTER the part that says [/QUOTE] or else your reply will up in the quote not after it. Sounds complicated but easy after you do it. The reply is if you want to reply right now to only one of them.

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
((Diver)) What can I say?
Nothing you can say. I was just waxing memories. Listening was all I was expecting. The comments from everyone was not expected but highly appreciated. Thank you.

Sounds complicated but easy after you do it. The reply is if you want to reply right now to only one of them.
Thanks Deb. I just need to experiment some. Thanks again.

misswish1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
NM
Oh WOW! I am overwhelmed with all of the kind words and uplifting thoughts. I don't know how to do the multiple quotes like deb? does, however, I want to say thanks to everyone. This is a hard time for me as the 3-year anniversary of her being taken from me and 26 years of marriage all occur this week. Who would have thought we would make it work. She hated motorcycles when we first started dating. The Navy, in its infinite wisdom, sent me from San Francisco to San Diego to become a motorcycle safety instructor. I was forced to ride my motorcycle down Highway 1. Oh, the horrors!! LOL. Anyway, she decided since I was an instructor she would try riding with me. Soon after getting my certification, I bought an old '84 Honda Goldwing from a fellow instructor at Alameda Naval Air Station. On the first weekend ride to Monterey, I created a monster. We rode the wheels off that bike. She found another newer used Goldwing and she bought it for us. It is in the garage and I can't bring myself to ride it anymore. It isn't the same without the queen in her seat. Somehow, the microphone for her headset didn't work. She had a habit of singing along to the radio or tape. One thing she couldn't do was carry a tune. However, she did it with gusto. LOL
Thanks for listening to this ol man travel down memory lane. Anyone want to buy a Goldwing? I'll make ya a good deal.
Hi Diver - it sounds like you have a lot of wonderful memories of your lovely wife. Those are what you hold in your heart for times like these, all the good stuff. You were blessed to have her for a (too short) time. I'm so glad you had her in your life, and you two were happy together!

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
Diver, that's what I love about the porches. Everyone wants to hear (read), listens (reads), and cares. So feel free to express your sorrows. Sounds like she was one fine woman and I am sorry she was taken from you too soon. But cherish and celebrate what you had together, it sounds beautiful.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA

he, he .... don't tempt me again. I just helped my son sell his Kawasaki Vulcan ... I considered buying it from him ... then passed. Been a long time since I rode regularly. I borrowed his occasionally and I have to admit ... I did enjoy those outings.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Diver,

Doubt anyone here that has read your 'tribute' didn't have to wipe some salty eye leakage!

We do hope that you do not feel that your remembrances and loneliness are not appreciated. Dis porch has more lovingly understanding and wisdom than can be expressed through our limited venue!

Also, we do hope that you have those close to you to give you 'local' support. AND, we actually can understand if you may not want to 'burden' them. BUT...

Hopefully, we have demonstrated the 'soul' of our family/tribe. Personally, I truly thank you for sharing your love and pain!!!

Last edited:

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
Yay!!! glad to see you getting better sleep. That'll make a lot of difference in how you feel!

We miss you too, but we do understand

Not in the market for one myself, wish I were, but thanks.

to do the whole quote, hit the +quote button. To do a partial quote, highlight the portion that you want to quote, and a small black box will pop up that says +quote or reply. Click on +quote. Once you have all of them that you want added to the +quotes, at the bottom left of the reply box, there is a box that will appear that says insert quotes. click that, then you have the option to remove any you don't want in there, if you want them all, click insert quotes or whatever it says, and it will put them all in the reply box. To reply to each one, just make sure you put your reply AFTER the part that says
or else your reply will up in the quote not after it. Sounds complicated but easy after you do it. The reply is if you want to reply right now to only one of them.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for explaining that, I didn't know how to do it either. Problem is, if I multi-quote I'll forget what I wanted to say before I get the opportunity to comment.

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Diver...your wife sounds like an amazing woman, you were blessed. But from the tone of your posts regarding her, I believe that she was also blessed with you.Please share your memories with us when ever you want.

I don't believe you'll find anywhere a more loving, intelligent helpful humorous bunch of people than here on the back porch, so put your name on one of the rockers and call yourself home!

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Hi Diver - it sounds like you have a lot of wonderful memories of your lovely wife. Those are what you hold in your heart for times like these, all the good stuff. You were blessed to have her for a (too short) time. I'm so glad you had her in your life, and you two were happy together!
Thanks, misswish2, I was very blessed to have had her in my life. She was the smile on my face and the sunshine in my life.

Diver, that's what I love about the porches. Everyone wants to hear (read), listens (reads), and cares. So feel free to express your sorrows. Sounds like she was one fine woman and I am sorry she was taken from you too soon. But cherish and celebrate what you had together, it sounds beautiful.
Clnire, I am finding this out about the back porch. When we discovered her cancer we spent the first 6 months doing what we could to eliminate her cancer. When we found out it couldn't be eliminated, we spent the remaining time building the memories to get us through. I am disabled and unable to work so I had the ability to spend the time with her during all of her procedures and provided all the care for her through the end. I was able to hold her through her last breath. Her oldest son and his wife were also here and I don't know what I would have done without their help. It did get a bit overwhelming in the end.

he, he .... don't tempt me again. I just helped my son sell his Kawasaki Vulcan ... I considered buying it from him ... then passed. Been a long time since I rode regularly. I borrowed his occasionally and I have to admit ... I did enjoy those outings.
I would never tempt anyone MikeE3. It is a '94 1500 SE with less than 20,000 miles on it. I also have a Suzuki V-Strom 1000 that I got for when I rode alone. It is a wonderful adventure bike. Came in real handy after Katrina hit SE Texas. I took it from Oklahoma City to the Beaumont, TX area so I could help clean up family property in the area. The ability to go off road and over down trees and limbs let me go where others couldn't to get to family.
Diver,

Doubt anyone here that has read your 'tribute' didn't have to wipe some salty eye leakage!

We do hope that you do not feel that your remembrances and loneliness are not appreciated. Dis porch has more lovingly understanding and wisdom than can be expressed through our limited venue!

Also, we do hope that you have those close to you to give you 'local' support. AND, we actually can understand if you may not want to 'burden' them. BUT...

Hopefully, we have demonstrated the 'soul' of our family/tribe. Personally, I truly thank you for sharing your love and pain!!!
Thanks, Iffi, one thing I was blessed with was my daughter packed up and moved from Alaska to come live with us when Nancy started Hospice care. She has continued to stay and has been a big help for me and my mental health. Her story is a whole other topic. Also, while writing waxings the tears were rolling down my face. It is really surprising how easy the tears flow and what brings on the waterworks.

or else your reply will up in the quote not after it. Sounds complicated but easy after you do it. The reply is if you want to reply right now to only one of them.
Thanks for explaining that, I didn't know how to do it either. Problem is, if I muliti-quote I'll forget what I wanted to say before I get the opportunity to comment.[/QUOTE]
LOL, I know this well.

Diver...your wife sounds like an amazing woman, you were blessed. But from the tone of your posts regarding her, I believe that she was also blessed with you.Please share your memories with us when ever you want.

I don't believe you'll find anywhere a more loving, intelligent helpful humorous bunch of people than here on the back porch, so put your name on one of the rockers and call yourself home!

Thanks, oldbroad, a rocker sounds nice. I have one picked out.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
It isn't the same without the queen in her seat.

Thanks for listening to this ol man travel down memory lane.

She was the smile on my face and the sunshine in my life.

Also, while writing waxings the tears were rolling down my face. It is really surprising how easy the tears flow and what brings on the waterworks.

Amen my brother, amen!

Iffy are you gonna H/O this evening? It's Friday and there ain't crapola (or should I say there's only crapola) on TV. That didn't sound right but, you know what I mean. :)

Being a lil' bit of crapola, I just might 'drop in'...

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
Amen my brother, amen!

Being a lil' bit of crapola, I just might 'drop in'...
Don't think I'm going to make it tonight. Wasn't a good sleeping night last night and I'm beat. Think I'm just going to go on up to bed. See you all tomorrow. Hope everybody has a good hangout tonight. Tell everyone I said howdy. Night all.

Last edited:

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
I used the last blank in my wood-turning box. I'm not sure what type of wood it is. It is a very soft wood so could be Ash. The one I made today, the Ash, is on the left. The one I made yesterday, Bocote, is on the right. I may have to make a trip to Wood Crafters and pick up a few more wood blanks and pen kits. I have never really made any for myself. Well, I did keep one for myself, it was a mistake. I had reversed a bushing so there was no way I was going to give it to someone else. The others I have made were either made as gifts or for silent auctions at church. Now I have two that I can use. I just love the feel of a wood pen and the heft of the Cigar style.
Pens%207.2_zpsojv3t6ru.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread