Status
Not open for further replies.

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida
Lonely is not the same as alone. I don't generally feel lonely when I'm alone. I love to be alone. After raising 3 kids by myself for so many years, alone time is precious. It's the time that I'm most aware of my own presence. So, no way to feel lonely with ME as company!

I read something on a forum a long time ago. Someone was talking about a book written by The Horse Whisperer. He said the secret is to look directly into an animal's eyes. To let it feel truly seen.

We often feel loneliest in a crowd. We don't need our outer selves to be seen. We need to feel that WE, our true selves, are seen. Really looking into someone's eyes is an amazing thing!

Yes, empty conversation is boring, meaningless, and lonely. It can be like casual sex. It gets the heart excited because it promises something. But, then it doesn't deliver what the heart really wants. And, you end up feeling lonelier than if you would have just been left alone in the first place. A tease and a disappointment.

I don't know, Matt. He looks kind of 'iffy' to me!

I love those eyes! People get 'laugh lines' around the mouth. And, they also get 'love lines' around the eyes!
How I loved this post, DH!! :) I wasn't sure which to highlight cause it all resonated with me on a very high level.

And for those who really want to know what it's REALLY all about....

Declaration of Independence - Text Transcript

AMEN!!

Diver, Your post reflects a sensitive and beautiful soul and I couldn't think to add any more than what everyone has already said, so allow me to echo their beautiful thoughts.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
I think of Iffy, every time I see a SNOOPY pic. heehee

CharlieBrown2.jpg

H A P P Y 4th P O R C H E R S

Hope everyone has a
wonderful day. In celebration, daddy gets to eat as many $1 hotdogs as he wants at one of our favorite BBQ restaurants.
hotdog6.gif
We do it every year. The man deserves some kind of treat. He has been eating my cooking with no complaining.
girl_haha.gif

Love y'all. . .

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
I always considered the Constitution to be the American 'religion'. Nowadays, most laws are unconstitutional, and the Constitution is treated like some outdated piece of history that's no longer of any use or meaning.

Oh, well. Most things go in cycles. Hopefully, this will too.

Yeah, hopefully...

I think the first thing needed is for people to READ it. (Nice pic, Matt!)

We even have (at least) one US Senator in the race for President who thinks the government should get rid of the Supreme Court to save money...because he doesn't agree with some of the latest rulings. Uh, EXCUSE ME??

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
I always considered the Constitution to be the American 'religion'. Nowadays, most laws are unconstitutional, and the Constitution is treated like some outdated piece of history that's no longer of any use or meaning.

Oh, well. Most things go in cycles. Hopefully, this will too.
ah... so like every other religion on the planet.

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
Good morning porchers. We've got a cloudy day w/ rain expected. Regardless of your weather forecast I hope ya all have a bright and happy day.
An exact match to the weather forecast for here. They said later this afternoon but, looking out the back windows it looks like any minute now! :rolleyes:
Posting pics of me while invisible?
That was Iffy's picture from the Hangout but, Deb said (rightfully so) that some folks might not want their pic posted like that especially if they weren't aware that it was being captured.

The picture of the Declaration of Independence was courtesy of the National Archives. If you go to their website it's amazing what you can find pics of if you do a little poking around. In this case, Google is very much your friend. Quick Google search and walla there it was, complete with typed transcription suitable for printing.:thumbs:

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
Another point I wanted to mention. Back in 1776 if you signed the Declaration of Independence it was almost like signing your own death warrant. I am sure that if caught, they could of hung you for treason. I don't think they did but, the signers didn't know that. Risky business this revolution stuff!! :shock:

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
Since Ground Zero, Thread One, I have always attempted a feeble effort at some sort of Holiday tribute .. this year for the 4th, I'm taking a slightly different direction than in years past ..

At least twice a year, I take the time to watch "The Last Waltz" .. Martin Scorsese's film surrounding The Band and it's last concert .. I consider the film to be the best of it's type and it never gets old for me .. I watched it again last night, and as always, was taken in by the music and especially the cast, since this was filmed in 1976 on Thanksgiving Day and the cast is in their prime .. as a side note, "The Last Waltz" is on Netflix streaming for those that have the service and it is the remastered edition, so the picture quality is top notch as well as the audio .. if you decide to take it in, if at all possible, route the audio thru your audio system or use a good set of headphones .. you just don't get the impact from a set of PC speakers ..

At any rate, The Band was lightning in a bottle and it's members are woven in various ways into the fabric of music .. a unique blend of American and Canadian guys that created some of the most iconic music in History, and paved the way for so, so many musicians .. the background is much to lengthy to go into here, however, it's marked by a great deal of tragedy and triumph .. Richard Manual commited suicide, Stan Szelest who replaced him died soon after, rifts between Robbie Robertson and other members .. Rick Danko died in 1999 of heart failure, Levon Helm died in 2012 of cancer .. this is one of the reasons "The Last Waltz" hits home so poignantly ..

Last edited:

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
I went into a riff a while back on the thread regarding the Confederate Flag .. yet, regardless of my feelings, I pause to admit that the lives lost in the Confederacy were and are a sad testimony to a sad time in our history .. I know of no better tribute to that loss than this ..

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Whether we think of it or not, music plays a large part in our lives .. it can create comfort in troubled times, it can reinforce joy, it can give us pause to think, it can make us spontaneously smile, it can evoke a long lost memory and there is even evidence it can help heal ..

Dry your eyes and take your song out
It's a newborn afternoon
And if you can't recall the singer
You can still recall the tune

Dry your eyes and play it slowly
Like you're marching off to war
Sing it like you know he'd want it
Like we sang it once before

And from the center of the circle
To the midst of the waiting crowd
If it ever be forgotten
Sing it long and sing it loud
And come dry your eyes

And it taught us more about giving
Than we ever cared to know
But we came to find the secret
And we never let it go

And it was more than being holy
Oh it was less than being free
And if you can't recall the reason
Can you hear the people sing

Right through the lightning and the thunder
To the dark side of the moon
To that distant falling angel
That descended much too soon
And come dry your eyes

Come dry your eyes

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
As I gaze out over the Mississippi, there is never a time I don't think about Old Man River and it's long history .. before the rails crossed the Country, the river and the tributaries that feed into it provided the main roads of commerce and travel .. the steamboats would be thick in those days and the Landing towns and cities would be hot beds of activity, celebration, debauchery .. the great Captains and Pilots of the day would know the Rivers .. they would race to port, the River Magnates would compete to build larger and larger ships .. there are still some vestiges left today, here and there, and the great River is still plied by barges and traffic even today ..

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
And lastly, since I'm probably at the limit of my rambling welcome for the day (and maybe have exceeded it) .. not many artists embody the Spirit, Drive, Guts and Compassion of America as The Boss .. because, yes, we were all "Born to Run" .. Happy 4th, 2015 ..

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Then let's round them and the terrorists up and blow them all to bits like like a priceless 2,000-year-old piece of world heritage. :grr:

Any one that intentionally destroys history can't brag or be proud of their own!

Matt, not a great idea to post photos of folks from the hangout unless ya asked em first.
That was Iffy's picture from the Hangout but, Deb said (rightfully so) that some folks might not want their pic posted like that especially if they weren't aware that it was being captured.

As long as I don't see it posted in da post office...

Besides, if I had my way, I'd meet all ya'll face-to-face. That would immediately evaporate any 'mystique'...
toothy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread