Older Folks and Vaping Back Porch - Part Three

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Good morning! or is it night?....no, the night slipped away from me.....

the first time in years that i stayed up all night. I tried to go to bed around 6:00 but after a couple of hours i gave up on sleeping....I'm way too old for this!But my GD is in my bed sawing logs!

Tukii's been taken care of and she has the "cone of shame" around her neck...well, she's supposed to anyway. When we got her home and let her out of the carrier it was no longer attached! Between me and my GD we still couldn't reattach it...she fought us like she was a Bengal tiger. There was a long strip of sterile gauze tied in a knot around her neck with a long streamer and the section that was supposed to be closest to her neck was gnawed like a mouse got ahold of it. I called the vet 's and they said that they'd tied it in a bow! And they explained to me what the strip of gauze is for.... there's three evenly spaced strips with small holes in them that the gauze goes through and then tied around her neck snugly to keep this cone on. Neither of us knew that. So when she wakes up and before I'll let her leave we're gonna have to battle Tukii again to get the cone back on:(

But now she's on meds and her back leg is all wrapped up so she'll be finally healing and she can't chew on that paw....as soon as we get the cone on her that is.

Had a grand time in the hangout again before I took Tukii to the vet. Thanks everyone!

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Tukii's been taken care of and she has the "cone of shame" around her neck...well, she's supposed to anyway. When we got her home and l

But now she's on meds and her back leg is all wrapped up so she'll be finally healing and she can't chew on that paw....as soon as we get the cone on her that is.

Yes, they do love those cones... :pop:

So, the blood at her mouth was from chewing on her foot? And what was the problem there?? Torn out claw that go infected?

Glad she's on the mend!

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Whatever was infecting her foot, as she chewed on it the infection got on her bottom lip and caused it to swell up. The Vet said she got poked in one of her pads with something sharp and infectious, right around the claw which caused it to bleed also, then the infected blood got in Tukii's mouth and on her lips and traveled down into her poor lil body. She was chewing on her one foot when she invited herself into my home, which was been about two months ago.It's a wonder that she isn't sicker, as long as she's had this infection.

Hey...I'm slow on the uptake:rolleyes:

Thank you for asking after her!

amoret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Sharon, ND, USA
We have an air quality alert because of weather conditions and the fires out west. :shock: Only for vulnerable people, but I was planning to open the windows today.

It has been very hazy here all week, from the fires in Saskatchewan. Spectacular sunrises and sunsets, though.

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
Good morning! or is it night?....no, the night slipped away from me.....

the first time in years that i stayed up all night. I tried to go to bed around 6:00 but after a couple of hours i gave up on sleeping....I'm way too old for this!But my GD is in my bed sawing logs!

Tukii's been taken care of and she has the "cone of shame" around her neck...well, she's supposed to anyway. When we got her home and let her out of the carrier it was no longer attached! Between me and my GD we still couldn't reattach it...she fought us like she was a Bengal tiger. There was a long strip of sterile gauze tied in a knot around her neck with a long streamer and the section that was supposed to be closest to her neck was gnawed like a mouse got ahold of it. I called the vet 's and they said that they'd tied it in a bow! And they explained to me what the strip of gauze is for.... there's three evenly spaced strips with small holes in them that the gauze goes through and then tied around her neck snugly to keep this cone on. Neither of us knew that. So when she wakes up and before I'll let her leave we're gonna have to battle Tukii again to get the cone back on:(

Had a grand time in the hangout again before I took Tukii to the vet. Thanks everyone!
So what did they say was actually wrong with her. Just chewing?

Last edited:

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
Whatever was infecting her foot, as she chewed on it the infection got on her bottom lip and caused it to swell up. The Vet said she got poked in one of her pads with something sharp and infectious, right around the claw which caused it to bleed also, then the infected blood got in Tukii's mouth and on her lips and traveled down into her poor lil body. She was chewing on her one foot when she invited herself into my home, which was been about two months ago.It's a wonder that she isn't sicker, as long as she's had this infection.

Oh ok. Guess I should read all the posts before asking stupid questions (only stupid cause it had already been answered). I too had a great time yesterday evening. I haven't laughed that hard in years. Your timing was exquisite. Damn funny. I hope Mary didn't take offense. Went right to sleep after I headed upstairs. Sorry to bail so quickly but, like Iffy said, if I miss the window of opportunity I would be up all night. Slept great and got up at 6am.
Here is something that I hope solves a mystery for many of us, it sure did for. Me...

Ninjas, who'd a thunk it! :lol:

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Oh ok. Guess I should read all the posts before asking stupid questions (only stupid cause it had already been answered). I too had a great time yesterday evening. I haven't laughed that hard in years. Your timing was exquisite. Damn funny. I hope Mary didn't take offense. Went right to sleep after I headed upstairs. Sorry to bail so quickly but, like Iffy said, if I miss the window of opportunity I would be up all night. Slept great and got up at 6am.
Here is something that I hope solves a mystery for many of us, it sure did for. Me...

Ninjas, who'd a thunk it! :lol:
I take teasing well. I suppose it fits my slightly masochistic personality.

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
I posted this on the front porch too:

I have a question please. I was PIFed a Lemo Drop. I really like it. I cleaned it the other day and put the little fill screw in a plastic bag to keep it safe. Now I can't find the bag!!! Anyway, I am using one of the silicon rings and it works, but being a hoarder, I would like some extra screws. I emailed Eleaf/Ismoka and got a nice reply that the size of the screw is M 2.5*3.0 P0.45. Now I have not a clue what that means or where to get one. Can anyone help?

Glad Tukii is taken care of and will now be able to mend. Those cones are no fun! Good luck with it. I have put a small child's sock on dog's feet with injuries, wrapped on with vet wrap (a kind of sticky ace bandage), but a cat? Would need a tiny sock!

garyoa1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Actually, have a pup that seems to like her feet. She'll chew till it bleeds. Sometimes front paw, sometimes back. She's easy. So every once in a while... cone. Or something that tastes awful spread on it so she won't chew it.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I emailed Eleaf/Ismoka and got a nice reply that the size of the screw is M 2.5*3.0 P0.45. Now I have not a clue what that means or where to get one. Can anyone help?

It's a metric set screw. Just take the Lemo Drop to a local machine or fastener supply (google machine shop supply or fastener supply) and ask for a screw "M 2.5 3.0 P0.45." Double check to see if it is the right screw by trying it in the Lemo Drop at the store.
See: Cone Point Setscrews in Steel (Dimensions table)
The above site shows a slotted screw blade version. If you get the slotted head version, be sure you have a small flat head screw driver to fit the slot.
M 2.5*= thread type metric
3.0 = length of screw metric
P0.45. = cone point

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
I posted this on the front porch too:

I have a question please. I was PIFed a Lemo Drop. I really like it. I cleaned it the other day and put the little fill screw in a plastic bag to keep it safe. Now I can't find the bag!!! Anyway, I am using one of the silicon rings and it works, but being a hoarder, I would like some extra screws. I emailed Eleaf/Ismoka and got a nice reply that the size of the screw is M 2.5*3.0 P0.45. Now I have not a clue what that means or where to get one. Can anyone help?

Glad Tukii is taken care of and will now be able to mend. Those cones are no fun! Good luck with it. I have put a small child's sock on dog's feet with injuries, wrapped on with vet wrap (a kind of sticky ace bandage), but a cat? Would need a tiny sock!
Either Ace Hardware or any of the real "Hardware" stores might have them however, they are kinda small. You might try one of the Radio Controlled (R/C) Model stores too. They most likely WILL have them as the screws used in those things are tiny as a rule. I would think that you could order them online from Mouser and maybe Amazon. Hope that helps. :)

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
It's a metric set screw. Just take the Lemo Drop to a local machine or fastener supply (google machine shop supply or fastener supply) and ask for a screw "M 2.5 3.0 P0.45." Double check to see if it is the right screw by trying it in the Lemo Drop at the store.
See: Cone Point Setscrews in Steel (Dimensions table)
The above site shows a slotted screw blade version. If you get the slotted head version, be sure you have a small flat head screw driver to fit the slot.
M 2.5*= thread type metric
3.0 = length of screw metric
P0.45. = cone point
I always try for either the Phillips Head or Hex Head version. The slotted heads just tear up too darn easy. Make sure you get stainless steel too. :)

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
should i be a damsel in distress?!

I was thinking that would be me but. . . I'll share. Might as well make room for Deb also.
laugh-pt-girl-laughin-hard-bangin-hand-on-table-gif.455470
Mount er' up Willie.
JC_clapgirl.gif
heehee (talking about the steed btw)
girl_wink.gif

Last edited:

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
A little chuckle. . .

The teacher asked little Johnny if he knew his numbers.

“Yes,” he said, “I do. My father taught me.”

“Good. What comes after three?”

“Four,” answers the boy.

“What comes after six?”

“Seven.”

“Very good,” says the teacher. “Your dad did a fine job. What comes after ten?”

“A jack!”

bahahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread