Status
Not open for further replies.

AllElseFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2015
Champaign, IL
yep, why I just pull the silica wick out and put in a cotton one. No dry burning required then just change the wick about once a week. Quick as or quicker than dry burning And at tootle wattages no real hard gunk on the coil itself.

Can you give me description or link as to exactly what you get for the cotton wicks? I can't seem to figure out exactly what I'm looking for? PLEASE. :)

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    TPA Espresso mixed at 7-10%. It's nearly colorless, clear and very roast coffee. If you want to bolster the roast flavor add some TPA Caramel Cappuccino (less than 1% it's very strong)

I love my coffee vapes and have used them without destroying coils of all types.

Thanks for that!
    Espresso was my ADV back in the day, but since I've been doing DIY I haven't found a coffee flavor that I could stand .. let alone like. Who stocks the espresso?

Last edited:

Boden

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 7, 2012
    Lexington KY
    i have a realy dark chocolate mint juice and its my ADV at the moment its a real killer on wicks and coils

but i use the kanger subtank mini and all i realy do is like others have said as its a fairly large coil

i norm get a day and a half sometimes two before the flavor starts to drop off

then i just pull the wick rinse the coil body and base section of tank under the hot tap blow out as much as poss then wipe it dry on a clean towel and put it back on my mod and pulse fire it just to glow the wick and with the tap on a cold dribble i quench the coil a couple of times after releasing the fire button my coils look nice and clean again and all the gunge is gone
    i wipe off any access water and blow it out again

rewick then juice the wick and replace the topped up section and i good to go again

all done in around 3-5 mins as i only have the one mod at present

i only completely strip and clean my tanks prob once maybe twice a week

i have 3 subtank minis and two are always full so i can just swap back and forth between two different flavors

i do cycle them with the third tank sort of

is this bad i am a bit lazy with cleaning tanks etc

but it works for me and i always have great flavor
    Sounds fine to me.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 16, 2015
    elsewhere
    Can you give me description or link as to exactly what you get for the cotton wicks? I can't seem to figure out exactly what I'm looking for? PLEASE. :)
    Many use the Koh Gen Doh cotton pads, some use organic cotton balls from Walgreens. I use salon cotton coil from Sally Beauty supply, it is NOT organic but works well for me and is a bit over $3 for a few years worth of wicking material.
    Here is a video illustrating coiling AND wicking. there are many more on youtube.

Edit: I noticed that the person doing the vid replaced the flavor wick on the cotton coil. I do not do this, it is not needed.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 15, 2011
    Can you sanitize insanity? Huh...

"Lobotomy" . . .

giphy.gif

anjelvape77

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 17, 2015
    Alabama
    Recently he was sent to Mobile to teach an education methods class for teachers. But he is somewhat challenged in common sense. :)
    :offtopic:this make the third reference/mention/person having to do with mobile in three days after not seeing ANY in weeks...I think home is calling me through the boards lol

anjelvape77

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 17, 2015
    Alabama
    That is EXACTLY how I am. I have tons at least 5 different flavors/tanks going at once, sometimes more. I was hoping that it would eventually transition to where I only have to carry a couple with me when I go to work, instead of a whole case full of stuff that I may or may not touch during the day. I think I just really want to be sure that I have no reason at all to smoke. The other part is that trying out different flavors are SO much fun!
    It took me about a month of carrying a ton of stuff to get down to just the couple I need to keep my flavor ADD at bay when I am out and about. But if Still needed my whole case to avoid smoking Id carry it everywhere with a smile lol

I don't use my main gear for trying flavours. My system is like this

Get new flavour and smell if you don't like the smell you won't Vape it.
    Put a couple of drops in a tablespoon of water and taste it. Flavour is very similar to the muted taste of vapour.
    Use a dripper of sorts to try if you like it keep trying it over a couple of days
    If I like it enough I put in a small tank and keep trying over a couple of days
    If it's still in rotation I will give it a proper setup

I hate devoting or spending money on coils or cartos for something that got old quickly. With me there is always a honeymoon period for anything new. So it has to pass the three day test. If I am still using something regularly (eliquid or gear) after three days then it's a keeper. :p

That's a little more intense than my trials but I think I like it, thanks for sharing!

7 months later, I still have flavor ADD... And a lot of tanks. Just bought a load of prewound coils so I can redo my coils without burning a new pack all the time. It's really cheap, and really easy. I just wait for a good arthritis day, and I can do them all at once.

my flavor ADD seems to be getting worse now that I DIY and can adjust and experiment...is that a bad thing?

I tried my first flavour extraction today. About a month ago I got some lemon green tea. I opened about 14 teabags in a glass jar, poured PG over the tea till is was just covered and left in a drawer. Today I passed it through a cheese cloth and then through cotton wool at the base of a syringe. After a bit of mess I ended up with around 40 mls of flavour which in all cost me about a dollar fifty. I mixed it with base at 3mg, 50/50 and tried it immediately after a shake in my Magma. It tasted a little tame so I added about 5 drops of Capella Juicy Lemon to my 10 ml bottle of juice. Tasted a little better though not out of this world. I will let it rest for a few days and taste again. If it works it might be worth it. I could think of other flavoured teas. I could even try experimenting with leaving the tea in the bags which would possibly be one step less in the process. I might even get a small bag of tobacco and see how this cold extraction works with that. That's a project for the winter though. I'm too busy enjoying the summer right now. :)

Thank you for sharing and PLEASE keep us updated I cant wait to see how it goes!

:blush:so many other posts I want to reply to but this is so long already so before it turns into a full blown book I guess Ill just say THANK YOU everyone for the great info tips and links (and flat out laughs a few pages back!)

good luck catching up after 6 days @Maytwin it took me forever lol but it was worth it

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 16, 2015
    elsewhere

my flavor ADD seems to be getting worse now that I DIY and can adjust and experiment...is that a bad thing?

It will cycle back to a few flavors for a while. I have 8 - 10 flavors I have not even opened yet.
    But I will get to them sometime.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 12, 2012
    USA midwest
    May tootle puffing be long lived. I see the way industry is going and people over in the Joyetech eRoll topic getting pretty upset that these are harder to come by, so many vendors dumping inventory.

Some people have NO IDEA how wedded eRoll users are to their little device. Many of them have NEVER upgraded from the cigalike form factor, and quit smoking solely with their eRoll. And, still use it every day and some still do not even own other things.

Last year, a vendor tried to "talk me out of" the Joyetech eCab I was ordering.

Altsmoke no longer makes the "baby" Bullet. Provari discontiinued the 14500 Provape.

These are not good things IMHO.

my interest in vaping waned in direct relationship to all the big stuff, as I have no interest in buying $35 dual and triple coil clearos, nor anything that goes above 10 watts. :) And I have never wanted to build a coil.....I can do it easily but I just don't want to do that at ALL.

so thank you for the topic. :)

Stosh

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 2, 2010
    Nevada
    Thanks for that!
    Espresso was my ADV back in the day, but since I've been doing DIY I haven't found a coffee flavor that I could stand .. let alone like. Who stocks the espresso?

I usually get it here... Expresso Flavor .. along with my nic concentrate. They have some really nice sales every now and then, have to wait for the ones that fit what you need. I'm stocked well enough it's not a problem.

anjelvape77

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 17, 2015
    Alabama
    I somehow messed that post up...
    Its cool I figured out what/where your reply was lol. I think I am making hubby more crazy with flavor orders than I did juice buys...theres just sooo many to try!! im not supposed to spend anymore money until the 5th which is so close yet so far away from my perspective lol

David Wolf

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 11, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    with Kanger BCC's?
    With anything I've tried, evods, kangertech EMOW dual bottom coils, nautilus mini cotton vertical coils, GS air dual 1.5 ohm horizontals and 1.2 ohm vertical cotton coils and Ce5+. Nets get a gunky taste after a day or two for me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread