Not open for further replies.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Not a dam thing is good about it this morning. I'm on the verge of exploding..:-x
I'm glad it all worked out. But, maybe it's time to get a new cc number so they won't have it. That way they can't charge you anything. Maybe use a prepaid type card for them instead.
I love it! It's too bad you have to cut it back. It looks so lush!
Well we may have to cut our vacation short. My wife looks like she has blood in her stool. Have to go to Urgent Care and get her checked for blood and a blood count per her doc at home.
I hope you're wrong and, if not, that they can get it straightened out quickly. Ya'll deserve a break! Let us know what happens when you can.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Well we may have to cut our vacation short. My wife looks like she has blood in her stool. Have to go to Urgent Care and get her checked for blood and a blood count per her doc at home. Not sure if the Prednisone is causing it or what. We both have had these drastic gastric bypass surgery and she had problems once before and got really sick. The only way they could find it was using a camera that she swallowed and takes pics for 8 hours as it passes through. First we have to find out for sure but I looked at it this morning and it was dark and tarry and after it sat in the water it had red coming off of it so I am pretty sure.

Darn, Legs, couldn't "like" that....

Hope all works out well for you both, and that's it's just the Prednisone!

Thoughts and prayers...

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Although I know there had been some discussion on a marathon drive, I just don't see that ..
That's the biggest reason that I didn't think I could make the trip (a tie with money issues). The trip there, the stay at the house, and the trip back . . . . That's enough time and energy for, at least, 3 vacations. Way too much for me to handle. So, absolutely understand. It's just too much!
Popped over because I thought a glimpse of Dancing streaking by. :D Dancing, hope all is going well with you and you're feeling like a million bucks again! :wub:
Here I am! (frantically waving at FT)

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida
Well we may have to cut our vacation short. My wife looks like she has blood in her stool. Have to go to Urgent Care and get her checked for blood and a blood count per her doc at home. Not sure if the Prednisone is causing it or what. We both have had these drastic gastric bypass surgery and she had problems once before and got really sick. The only way they could find it was using a camera that she swallowed and takes pics for 8 hours as it passes through. First we have to find out for sure but I looked at it this morning and it was dark and tarry and after it sat in the water it had red coming off of it so I am pretty sure.
Ah rats, Legs......so sorry to read this! You do what you must and keep us updated......in the meantime, prayers and good vibes are sent your way!

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
So how'd you doing table surfing ... we need to see the picture of you doing it too. ;)
There are no pictures of me table-surfing ON A TABLE BEING HELD OVERHEAD BY PEOPLE STANDING UNDERNEATH SAID TABLE. I'll bet there's no pictures of Sgt Pepper doing that either, even though in my case there are no pictures of me surfing even on a table with its legs on the ground.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Looks like it is time to go home. And the heat and no A/C are not good for you, either.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
There are no pictures of me table-surfing ON A TABLE BEING HELD OVERHEAD BY PEOPLE STANDING UNDERNEATH SAID TABLE. I'll bet there's no pictures of Sgt Pepper doing that either, even though in my case there are no pictures of me surfing even on a table with its legs on the ground.
I wouldn't think you would. Might be afraid of breaking the table and falling. Not exactly a lightweight.

sushigirl

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2010
Podunk, Texas
yiddle~ SO glad things worked out!!!

I started some monthly medication in Jan. It was going to be $110/month so I asked the pharmacist if there was anything cheaper. She said if my doctor called it in as 2 separate scripts instead of 2 medications in one pill, it would be cheaper. It ended up being $25/month. I had to get 2 months worth when I went to Africa so I wouldn't run out. It was $15 for a two month supply. The next time I got it filled I asked for the cheaper price and they said it was "bulk rate". So I got 3 month supply for $10. I'm thinking if I get a 6 month supply, maybe they'll pay me to take them? I wonder how many people
are taking the $110/month instead of $3.33/month.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Here are my niece and her fiance the night before the wedding, and then a picture of me with all 3 of my sibs. Greg, on the far right, (of the SECOND picture, wiseazz) has looked 30 years younger than me ever since we were teenagers but he's only a year younger than me.
Montreal5.jpg

Montreal7.jpg

Last edited:

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
yiddle~ SO glad things worked out!!!

I started some monthly medication in Jan. It was going to be $110/month so I asked the pharmacist if there was anything cheaper. She said if my doctor called it in as 2 separate scripts instead of 2 medications in one pill, it would be cheaper. It ended up being $25/month. I had to get 2 months worth when I went to Africa so I wouldn't run out. It was $15 for a two month supply. The next time I got it filled I asked for the cheaper price and they said it was "bulk rate". So I got 3 month supply for $10. I'm thinking if I get a 6 month supply, maybe they'll pay me to take them? I wonder how many people
are taking the $110/month instead of $3.33/month.

I just read a news article in the past week or so where CVS has been sued in a class action suit for overcharging people who don't have insurance. :-x

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
LOL....all's well that ends well......guess they put that label where the sun don't shine, as I suggested. Amazingly, I just got an email asking for my consent to ship the 'scrips.....and when I went to check my bank account just now....lo and behold, the money is magically back in my account and the overdraft has been avoided.
That's fantastic!

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Hi, Kenna. Have you been having good thoughts about the Pepper this morning?:D

off to da gym. it's going to be a long week preparing everything for a 2 month LOA.

see ya, you old people. :)
I have, indeed Pepper! Hope your preparations go smoothly!

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
I just read a news article in the past week or so where CVS has been sued in a class action suit for overcharging people who don't have insurance. :-x

My understanding is that's pretty much a widespread issue .. Insurance never pays the full billed amount, yet an individual without insurance is left with little to no negotiating ability .. I've believed for many years that both Hospitals and DR's should be required to display at least a list of random / or common procedures and what they cost ..

I asked a DR once a long time back to give me a cost sheet on work he does and he looked at me like I was from Mars .. yet, we know what we are going to pay on most other things in life ..

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
[QUOTE="FlamingoTutu, post: 16238797, ]
I loath, hate, detest CVS. We are forced to use them by our insurer. The latest drama is a couple of weeks ago they sent me a letter saying my allergy meds weren't the latest and greatest, so weren't approved, and I'd have to pay more for them. The alternatives give me an irregular heartbeat. If I wanted to continue with them, I'd have to pay more. We have a small local pharmacy that is affiliated with CVS and use them. Can't get into the doctor's so paid more. I immediately got another letter saying I'd now have to pay full price, order by mail for three month's supply at a time. Quite frankly, we can't afford that. We did go to our "local" CVS about six months ago to fill a prescription and were told they aren't accepting "new patients." I could go on but won't. I do feel your pain though. Bravo for reaming them! :D([/QUOTE]

Can you not go thru your Dr to appeal the denial to the insurance company! If those are the only ones you can take then they have to cover them. They have to do that on a case by case basis.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Not good! Get her in quickly! Let et us know how she does. I'll be praying!

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
My understanding is that's pretty much a widespread issue .. Insurance never pays the full billed amount, yet an individual without insurance is left with little to no negotiating ability .. I've believed for many years that both Hospitals and DR's should be required to display at least a list of random / or common procedures and what they cost ..

I asked a DR once a long time back to give me a cost sheet on work he does and he looked at me like I was from Mars .. yet, we know what we are going to pay on most other things in life ..
I fully agree!

Sgt. Pepper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2011

If you take insurance out of the equation, one can get a price and/or "make a deal" with a doctor. Several years back, when I was without insurance for a short period, I needed a procedure done. I was able to get the procedure done for $500. If I had used insurance, the price of the procedure would have been $1500.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
If you take insurance out of the equation, one can get a price and/or "make a deal" with a doctor. Several years back, when I was without insurance for a short period, I needed a procedure done. I was able to get the procedure done for $500. If I had used insurance, the price of the procedure would have been $1500.

Like I said, insurance never pays the full billed amount .. you likely paid what insurance would have paid if you had had insurance .. my last stent was $60K .. insurance paid the bill in full for $15K .. sure, some DR's will work with some folks but I don't think that's the norm, at least not in my neck of the woods ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread