Are YOU a Tootle Puffer??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
I see a Frozen T Shirt, my daughter is Frozen mad but then, what little girl isn't ha.

The little one practically lives in Disney costumes and of course, like all little girls, she is Frozen crazy. :).... ok I have to admit I'm quite a fan too :blush: :)

anjelvape77

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2015
Alabama
Goo morning wonderful tootle friends!

Yep - almost all set- just a few hours to go before we leave. This is what I am mostly looking forward to - quality time with my daughter's family on her little property :)

View attachment 485062 View attachment 485063
Have a safe trip!
How nice, now that is my kind of place, very relaxing, enjoy the fruit and spring water too !
I see a Frozen T Shirt, my daughter is Frozen mad but then, what little girl isn't ha.

...my twelve year old called frozen "overrated" but my 13 year old niece and my best friend cant get enough lol. Frozen and Minions...they make me crazy with it lol...

I am a tootle puffer . It's official.

There are worse things to be! Nice to meet you fellow tootle puffer!

Janet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2008
Akron OH USA
Hi fellow tootle puffers! Yes, I am a tootle puffer and need a home on ECF. I've been tootle puffering for over 7 years as well as an ECF member. Most of those years I was satisfied with eGos and LR cartos. ECF used to be a place I'd visit nearly every day. But over the last few years, I have not been as active.

I was quite satisfied with my gear until the failure rate of new cartos became about 20%. I'd moniter ECF once in a while, sitting back watching everybody spending loads of money on the next best devices, tanks, and drippers. As soon as I'd see one I thought I'd like, did some research, the next version was already out. This industry is one I've found I haven't been able to just sit back for a while waiting to see if something is worth buying - it's become all too fast and overwhelming!

Currently I'm quite satisfied with the mini Nautilus and their ceramic coil heads and have been since January of this year. I need to restock and now that the ceramic heads seem to be discontinued, I feel stuck. I do DIY (just for myself) and often wish for a nice little dripper for test tasting. I know I could build coils, but haven't yet and am not excited to learn, but it is time.

On the mini Nautilus, a new coil head with the next to lowest air flow is where I begin, and as the coil head ages, I'll go to the next largest air hole. Today, this is considered tight airflow (but seems airy compared to with what I began so long ago - penstyle with atty + cartridge). I just don't get it - the hardware set up to fill a house with a weather system that sounds like maybe the Holy Spirit is filling said house with a mighty rushing wind whenever a drag is taken looks like the norm whenever I try to do research!

It's next to impossible to find reviews on YouTube for what I want. I don't know - Maybe they are there and I just can't find them. I find it difficult to believe the majority of vapers are all sub-ohm, cloud chasers. Maybe tootle puffers are just not the type of vapers in general for making YouTube videos. It seems there would be more tootle puffers, especially women vapers attracted to small devices and small silent attys and tanks. I don't like drawing attention to myself, especially while vaping and there must be a lot of others like me, both men and women.

Does anyone here know of a tootle puffer's YouTube channel? From all the video reviews, it's easy to draw the conclusion that having the goal to vape at the lowest possible resistance is the norm. I really don't think I want to start that. I like small hardware. I like silent, tasty, relaxing vaping. The cloud chasers seem like they control the availability of vape stuff. Sometimes I feel like such a girl trying to participate in a male pissing contest!

Anyway, I need to buy some vape stuff, quick-like! I suppose I'll order some of the newer cotton filled heads for the Nautilus.

I need a good RDA too -
easy to build,
can be built single or dual coil,
easy to clean,
holds decent amount of juice in well (I might end up liking using an RDA exclusively at home),
doesn't leak,
easy to drip (cap comes off and goes back on easily, so maybe a screw on top cap?),
has no spit-back,
can use "normal" size 510 drip tips,
is not noisy,
won't put me in debt (can justify spending ~$30) so a good clone is fine,
and has excellent flavor (flavor is high in importance).

My current method of test tasting DIY e-juice is just to taste it in liquid form. I'd rather test it properly with a good dripper. I have a 20W iStick and 25W HeatVape Defender. I vape at about 10 Watts, making small adjustments as needed. If I built my own coils, my guess is that I could try sub-ohm and still use the same RDA for higher ohm (1.4 to 1.8). I should probably get a PV that can handle higher watts than 30. I'm almost afraid to try sub-ohm because I might like it and would go through a lot more juice. Good grief!

Would love all tootle puffers' input who can relate! - Thanks, Janet

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
Hi fellow tootle puffers! Yes, I am a tootle puffer and need a home on ECF. I've been tootle puffering for over 7 years as well as an ECF member. Most of those years I was satisfied with eGos and LR cartos. ECF used to be a place I'd visit nearly every day. But over the last few years, I have not been as active.

I was quite satisfied with my gear until the failure rate of new cartos became about 20%. I'd moniter ECF once in a while, sitting back watching everybody spending loads of money on the next best devices, tanks, and drippers. As soon as I'd see one I thought I'd like, did some research, the next version was already out. This industry is one I've found I haven't been able to just sit back for a while waiting to see if something is worth buying - it's become all too fast and overwhelming!

Currently I'm quite satisfied with the mini Nautilus and their ceramic coil heads and have been since January of this year. I need to restock and now that the ceramic heads seem to be discontinued, I feel stuck. I do DIY (just for myself) and often wish for a nice little dripper for test tasting. I know I could build coils, but haven't yet and am not excited to learn, but it is time.

On the mini Nautilus, a new coil head with the next to lowest air flow is where I begin, and as the coil head ages, I'll go to the next largest air hole. Today, this is considered tight airflow (but seems airy compared to with what I began so long ago - penstyle with atty + cartridge). I just don't get it - the hardware set up to fill a house with a weather system that sounds like maybe the Holy Spirit is filling said house with a mighty rushing wind whenever a drag is taken looks like the norm whenever I try to do research!

It's next to impossible to find reviews on YouTube for what I want. I don't know - Maybe they are there and I just can't find them. I find it difficult to believe the majority of vapers are all sub-ohm, cloud chasers. Maybe tootle puffers are just not the type of vapers in general for making YouTube videos. It seems there would be more tootle puffers, especially women vapers attracted to small devices and small silent attys and tanks. I don't like drawing attention to myself, especially while vaping and there must be a lot of others like me, both men and women.

Does anyone here know of a tootle puffer's YouTube channel? From all the video reviews, it's easy to draw the conclusion that having the goal to vape at the lowest possible resistance is the norm. I really don't think I want to start that. I like small hardware. I like silent, tasty, relaxing vaping. The cloud chasers seem like they control the availability of vape stuff. Sometimes I feel like such a girl trying to participate in a male pissing contest!

Anyway, I need to buy some vape stuff, quick-like! I suppose I'll order some of the newer cotton filled heads for the Nautilus.

I need a good RDA too -
easy to build,
easy to clean,
holds decent amount of juice in well (I might end up liking using an RDA exclusively at home),
doesn't leak,
easy to drip (cap comes off and goes back on easily, so maybe a screw on top cap?),
has no spit-back,
is not noisy,

My current method of test tasting DIY e-juice is just to taste it in liquid form. I'd rather test it properly with a good dripper. I have a 20W iStick and 25W HeatVape Defender. I vape at about 10 Watts, making small adjustments as needed. If I built my own coils, my guess is that I could try sub-ohm and still use the same RDA for higher ohm (1.4 to 1.8). I should probably get a PV that can handle higher watts than 30. I'm almost afraid to try sub-ohm because I might like it and would go through a lot more juice. Good grief!

I know exactly where you are coming from. I have been vaping for 4 years and I run three sets of gear. My beloved carto tanks, my billet boxes with billet bridge and aspire BVC coils and lastly I use Sophia rebuildable cartos with premade coils and silica wicks. All are LR on 8watts. Provari's and spinner twists. The ultimate tootle puffer.

I use the Sophia outside of a tank but closed to taste my eliquid rinse and dry burn if I didn't like it......pop it into a tank and vape if I like it.

Nice to meet you

Last edited:

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK

I need a good RDA too -
easy to build,
easy to clean,
doesn't leak,
has no spit-back,
is not noisy,

Welcome to the family :thumb:

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I need a good RDA too -
easy to build,
easy to clean,
doesn't leak,
has no spit-back,
is not noisy,

Welcome!

As for the RDA, I am very sure @AndriaD uses exactly what you are looking for.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada

I need a good RDA too -
easy to build,
easy to clean,
doesn't leak,
has no spit-back,
is not noisy,

For a simple RDA there are the IGO-L (single coil) or IGO-W (dual coil), both are very simple design, without any etching and usually in the clearance section these days. Easy to build and wick, work well for tastings. 1.5Ω coils is simple with 28 or 30ga kanthral although sum-ohm is possible (tried it but not my style, 10 watts is enough)

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory

I need a good RDA too -
easy to build,
easy to clean,
doesn't leak,
has no spit-back,
is not noisy,

Until you find an RDA you like (or maybe even after), you might consider direct dripping to test your juice. All you need is a 510 or 306 atty. My blog explains it: Drip, drip, drip: The Sound of Dripping

Last edited:

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY

I need a good RDA too -
easy to build,
easy to clean,
doesn't leak,
has no spit-back,
is not noisy,

@AndriaD will be along shortly to recommend the Achilles.

;)

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Welcome to the Tootle Puffers thread Janet.

You will find that most of those 20% are not duds. They have just sat around for to long & the center pins are stuck. Just wiggle the center pins with a large needle & they will work fine. Somehow they do seem to need to make contact in order to work. ;)
    It's kinda funny, I've been using cartos for almost 5 years (except during "Bogegate"), and I have never had a dud. Even during Bogegate I never had a dud ... just couldn't stand the smell of dead fish.

As for RDAs, when vendors stopped stocking my favorite 510 atomizer, I went looking for a RDA to replace them. I wasn't looking for a "better vape", I was just looking for something that I could make vape the same as my favorite atomizer. AND, I found it!
    Phoenix/A7 Rebuildable Atomizer
    A7 Mini Rebuildable Atomizer - High Desert Vapes

There is a new RDA now that looks to be a modernized version of the A7, but I have no experience with them.

Last edited:

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 16, 2015
    elsewhere
    Welcome to the Tootle Puffers thread Janet.

You will find that most of those 20% are not duds. They have just sat around for to long & the center pins are stuck. Just wiggle the center pins with a large needle & they will work fine. Somehow they do seem to need to make contact in order to work. ;)
    It's kinda funny, I've been using cartos for almost 5 years (except during "Bogegate"), and I have never had a dud. Even during Bogegate I never had a dud ... just couldn't stand the smell of dead fish.

As for RDAs, when vendors stopped stocking my favorite 510 atomizer, I went looking for a RDA to replace them. I wasn't looking for a "better vape", I was just looking for something that I could make vape the same as my favorite atomizer. AND, I found it!

There is a new RDA now that looks to be a modernized version of the A7, but I have no experience with them.
    I got a Caterpillar dripper. Liked the adjustable airflow. think I paid $10 for it or less.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    angryvaper.crypticsites.com
    @AndriaD will be along shortly to recommend the Achilles.

;)

:pervy:

It really does sound like the Achilles is the right answer, though -- a tootle puffer's dream come true! :D Holds 2.5ml; big build area, very very similar to a Kayfun; VERY tight draw; NEVER EVER leaks.

Don't listen about the Caterpillar -- if you're a tootle puffer, you'll hate it, I guarantee it. I could get more use out of that thing as a tea strainer than for vaping!

Andria

Woofer

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 8, 2014
    PA, SK, CA

And that would be this atty - MicroDrip - Mini ECIG
    I have one and it is excellent, very easy build too.

I am very pleased with this as well MiniDrip - Mini ECIG

chopdoc

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 30, 2014
    Independence, Louisiana, United States
    :pervy:

It really does sound like the Achilles is the right answer, though -- a tootle puffer's dream come true! :D Holds 2.5ml; big build area, very very similar to a Kayfun; VERY tight draw; NEVER EVER leaks.

Don't listen about the Caterpillar -- if you're a tootle puffer, you'll hate it, I guarantee it. I could get more use out of that thing as a tea strainer than for vaping!

Andria

When I read Janet's post the first thing I thought of was you and your beloved Achilles :D Seems I am not the only one who thought that way :lol:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread