Are you done stocking up?

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
Thanks....do either of you use the coils that came with the STM? Mine are awful, they pop, spit liquid, have little vapor or taste. I haven't tried using different wicks yet.
I don't use the coils that come with the rba STM but only because they are sub-ohm and I'm a tootle puffer. :)

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Thanks....do either of you use the coils that came with the STM? Mine are awful, they pop, spit liquid, have little vapor or taste. I haven't tried using different wicks yet.

I am using my first tank with the 0.5ohm coil at 25 watts with wide open airflow. I did just try it on 2nd airflow setting and it gives a nice MTL vape with plenty of vapor. I don't have any spitback issues but I am used to the cubis tanks so I am used to dealing with spit back by taking a few no fire draws and short burst hits before I take a full vape if it has been sitting a while.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Well, the links to Customs in my previous post indicate what the customs and shipping restrictions are, and neither "tobacco products" nor "e-cigarettes" are included. That's not to say that won't change somehow in the future, but that is how things appear to me to stand now. I don' think the FDA can dictate shipping or customs regulations or amend Acts of government.
No, but customs already forbids any tobacco products from shipping. Here
Internet Purchases | U.S. Customs and Border Protection

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    I don't see how China can even afford to sell items with free shipping given the amount of paperwork and fees involved in exporting. I have only shipped one item out of the country and it was a bit of a headache.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    PhiLLy
    I have maybe 5 or 6 STM & have never used the included coils or cotton.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 3, 2014
    United States
    I will make one more order from FT in a week or so, spare parts and some wire for about $20. I am waiting for delivery of Kayfun 5, to check if I like it and if I want spare parts for it. Hope that spare parts will not attract custom's attention. Screws, O-rings, glass tubes...

Iron Molly

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 27, 2010
    State of Anxiety
    For anyone else looking for storage for flavors, this is what I came up with. Nail polish tray from Amazon:

Amazon.com: Weiai Clear Acrylic 3 Layers Nail Polish Rack Cosmetics Display Shelf Acrylic Makeup Organizer Lipstick Box C70: Home & Kitchen

Plus this Sterilite storage box with handle:

https://www.amazon.com/STERILITE-ShowOffs-Storage-Box/dp/B00G5AX830/ref=sr_1_3?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1469801496&sr=1-3&keywords=sterilite+show+offs+14+1/4

Available from Walmart for about $5.

IMG_20160729_095733332_HDR.jpg

Works well because with the staggered shelves, I can actually see my flavors, and it has a handle for carrying. The shelves stop things from falling over. Doesn't fit all my flavors, but fits all that are in use. Hope this helps someone!

grandmato5

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 30, 2010
    WNY
    As I understood it, the post earlier today was specifically about co-ops, and that the import rules would apply as the purchases were not for personal use, but for distribution to others. There is the issue of whether every retailer has acquired the proper license to import vaping goods for resale, and ECF could not continue co-ops for imported goods after 8/8 as they would be subject to those new requirements.

We just ran with it from there! Perhaps we are assuming too much, but with what's at stake, it's understandable. I can only guess what may happen after 8/8 and the uncertainty sure can be unnerving.

Hopefully personal orders will continue uninterrupted for some time to come.

IF our ecigs fall under the same rules as cigarettes on 8/8/16 in the eyes of customs, then personal orders will no longer be allowed to be imported the same as cigarettes are not allowed now to be imported. Only businesses holding a valid Import License are allowed to import them. Individuals can not get an import license. The only question is IF our ecigs will fall under the same rules.

The only written rules I can find would indicate that Vandal is correct and the rules of importing cigarettes are based upon the PACT act which is thought to not include our ecigs until revised. But unfortunately its not written clearly and I cant' find in the PACT Act itself where it says anything specific about importing rules (hoping I've just missed it). So far there's been nothing updated on either the FDA or customs websites mentioning importing rules for our ecigs that I can see and I've have been watching for weeks. We'll know soon if we are allowed to continue to import for personal use or not.

grandmato5

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 30, 2010
    WNY
    Here's a thought. Anyone who is worried about importation of ecigs directly after 8/8, why don't you ask these US online vendors who are complying with regulations to stay open. Being that they get their livelihood from China and are already putting in age verification, alternative payment options(bitcoin), and the like to ensure that they stay open. One would think they would have information that we don't and aren't just going by "someone said".

:lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry if your comments weren't meant to be sarcastic but I just couldn't help myself. ;) Many are more clueless then we are, which doesn't say much for many of them. Thank goodness there are a few that are trying to wade through this with as much accurate info as possible but the FDA has left far too many black holes to allow anyone to know very much with any certainty.

grandmato5

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 30, 2010
    WNY
    I've never ordered from China, although the prices look good. What concerns me is that the distributors who stock vape shops that we order from online also get their products from China. The FDA and Customs are going to dry up the products that we are used to ordering from stateside vendors.

Buy it all up while you can. That's what I've been doing.

IF the same rules of cigarettes are going to apply to our ecigs and they haven't gotten their import licenses that's exactly what's going to happen until they get their licenses. Licenses don't appear to be hard to get, but they don't issue them quickly and I'm not thinking in this case they're going to be rushing the process ;)

On the other hand IF the same rules don't apply then we're fine other then the slow downs for checking stuff out and even that could be time consuming but not nearly so bad.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 6, 2011
    Somewhere out there
    :lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry if your comments weren't meant to be sarcastic but I just couldn't help myself. ;) Many are more clueless then we are, which doesn't say much for many of them. Thank goodness there are a few that are trying to wade through this with as much accurate info as possible but the FDA has left far too many black holes to allow anyone to know very much with any certainty.
    That is so true, everything is so blurry on what this actually means on 8-8 for import and tax. I am confused and have quite a bit of international and mailing experience. Right now I think it is blurry on purpose.

MikeADore

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 26, 2016
    Tennessee
    For anyone else looking for storage for flavors, this is what I came up with. Nail polish tray from Amazon:

Amazon.com: Weiai Clear Acrylic 3 Layers Nail Polish Rack Cosmetics Display Shelf Acrylic Makeup Organizer Lipstick Box C70: Home & Kitchen

Plus this Sterilite storage box with handle:

https://www.amazon.com/STERILITE-ShowOffs-Storage-Box/dp/B00G5AX830/ref=sr_1_3?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1469801496&sr=1-3&keywords=sterilite+show+offs+14+1/4

Available from Walmart for about $5.

View attachment 583409

Works well because with the staggered shelves, I can actually see my flavors, and it has a handle for carrying. The shelves stop things from falling over. Doesn't fit all my flavors, but fits all that are in use. Hope this helps someone!
    Excellent idea. I've been trying to figure out what to use. Right now, I have about 40 bottles lying in the boxes they were shipped in from the company.

MMW

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 8, 2015
    NH
    Your sarcasm detector is on point. :D
    I was more saying that assumptions and fear of the unknown spreads like wildfire and gets accepted as definitives quickly.

It's not fun to admit powerlessness and even harder to accept it, when at this stage of the game we have no clue how things will go.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    I swear I was reading a thread the other day called something like The Fast Tech Thread for all Fast Tech posts, but when I do a search for it, I can't find that thread. Would someone who is familiar with that thread, please tell me in what ECF subforum I can find it? This is driving me batty!

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    That is so true, everything is so blurry on what this actually means on 8-8 for import and tax. I am confused and have quite a bit of international and mailing experience. Right now I think it is blurry on purpose.

IME, when it comes to regulation, blurry is way more common that simple and straightforward.

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY

MikeADore

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 26, 2016
    Tennessee
    I don't see how China can even afford to sell items with free shipping given the amount of paperwork and fees involved in exporting. I have only shipped one item out of the country and it was a bit of a headache.
    The Chinese government subsidizes these transactions, which is how companies like Fasttech can afford free shipping on even very small orders. That's why the U.S. has a $357 billion trade deficit with China. Meanwhile, U.S. goods arriving in China face high import tariffs and taxes. A Harley-Davidson motorcycle costs $100,000 in China to give you an idea how that works.

Not trying to be political here. Just hoping to offer a bit of an explanation of how the Chinese companies can afford to do business this way.

Users who are viewing this thread