Utopia

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
When I lived in Orygun I used to go to Vancouver with a Canadian friend on Canada Day and stay thru the 4th. We had a great time, did not remember all of it but I am told I had good times.

They do make some good beer up there. :D

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I was fond of their ales. And Carling Black Label was good up there!

I've never cared for ale, it's too heavy, makes me feel bloated. But when we lived in MI, there was a bar I hit every day after work, because they had Molson beer on tap, and at happy hour it was only 99 cents. Yeah I spent quite a few 99 cents in there. :D I was mad when we came back to GA because down here, all they have is Molson Golden (ale). But I got sober 2 yrs after that, so no huge biggie. :D The only thing that does kinda peeve me is that Sam Adams didn't come out until years after I got sober, so I never got to try any of it. In fact the entire "microbrewery" fad of the 90s kinda went right past me; I got sober in '92. :D

Andria

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
I've never cared for ale, it's too heavy, makes me feel bloated. But when we lived in MI, there was a bar I hit every day after work, because they had Molson beer on tap, and at happy hour it was only 99 cents. Yeah I spent quite a few 99 cents in there. :D I was mad when we came back to GA because down here, all they have is Molson Golden (ale). But I got sober 2 yrs after that, so no huge biggie. :D The only thing that does kinda peeve me is that Sam Adams didn't come out until years after I got sober, so I never got to try any of it. In fact the entire "microbrewery" fad of the 90s kinda went right past me; I got sober in '92. :D

Andria
I like the ale more alc content and smoother less bitter. I like the higher alc content because I cannot drink enough beer to get a good buzz. A volume issue.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I like the ale more alc content and smoother less bitter. I like the higher alc content because I cannot drink enough beer to get a good buzz. A volume issue.

Heh.. that was why I preferred burgundy over chablis... 14% alc instead of 12%. ;) And I always found red wine smoother than white; maybe because most reds are drunk room-temp, rather than chilled. I devoted as much effort to alcohol, at one time, as I now devote to vaping. And it surprises me every day, that I survived it! :lol:

Andria

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Heh.. that was why I preferred burgundy over chablis... 14% alc instead of 12%. ;) And I always found red wine smoother than white; maybe because most reds are drunk room-temp, rather than chilled. I devoted as much effort to alcohol, at one time, as I now devote to vaping. And it surprises me every day, that I survived it! :lol:

Andria
Glad you pulled out of that. Due to my bitter gene there was never a lot of alcohol in my life. Weekenders and such was it. Now I am almost a teetotaler with 4 quarts of good moonshine in the fridge. Need to give it away. Make room for more MT Dew :banana:

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
I just discovered what a Tootle Puffer was and that I was one so I came over here to say HI. Robert, that was exactly why I drank liquor instead of beer. I don't like the taste of beer enough to drink it if I can't get a buzz (when I was still drinking)! Gonna steal the pic of the gap toothed dude to post over on the back porch to show em what I look like without my top plate. :lol:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I just discovered what a Tootle Puffer was and that I was one so I came over here to say HI. Robert, that was exactly why I drank liquor instead of beer. I don't like the taste of beer enough to drink it if I can't get a buzz (when I was still drinking)! Gonna steal the pic of the gap toothed dude to post over on the back porch to show em what I look like without my top plate. :lol:

Welcome MattB. :toast:

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
I preferred Red Rooster 21 over Mad Dog 20/20
View attachment 468379
images

wildrose.jpg

From bumwine.com:

" The thorn in your hangover is a wild rose from Ireland. Bottled by Canandaigua Wine in Chanadaigua, NY, the same company as Cisco. Like its brother Cisco, "Wild I" definitely has some secret additives that go straight to the cranium. Another web page claims that this foul beverage is a conspiracy by the republicans to kill the homeless. Bums ask a liquor store clerk for Wild Irish rose by saying, "gimme a pint of rosie with a skirt," a skirt being a paper bag. Some don't want it cold either. It's called "wild" for a good reason, and bystanders should beware. Wild Irish Rose is sure to light a fire of drunken rage in your soul. A guy named "Richards" is mentioned on the label."

We actually drank this stuff as young fellas.

Along with MD 20/20 of course.

God knows what else.

:facepalm:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread