Status
Not open for further replies.

AllElseFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2015
Champaign, IL
You can still get 510 bridgeless atomisers really cheaply. They are just the coil and you out a couple of drops directly on the coil. Hit the fire and you get a pretty good understanding of what it will taste like with a wick fed clearomizer.

That helps, somewhat. Is there a particular brand I should buy? Or should I just google '520 bridgeless atomizers" and see what happens?

And again, I really appreciate ALL of the great advice and help!

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
That helps, somewhat. Is there a particular brand I should buy? Or should I just google '520 bridgeless atomizers" and see what happens?

And again, I really appreciate ALL of the great advice and help!

You could probably find them cheaper in the States than I could link to. They are old fashioned so check bargain or clearance sections. Once you have used them you either clean in hot water or just dry burn and rinse. I still have some from years ago that I still use.

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
So, can I ask a real noob question?

How do you know when to change your coils on PT3s and T3Ss? I have read so many threads and still don't really think I get it. I rotate through a whole bunch (stupid amount..noob, remember?) and I haven't changed one yet. I have replacements, but seriously I have no idea what I'm doing there and since I don't want to "waste" any replacements, I just keep buying new tanks. I know, it makes no sense.
For me it was when the bottom of the atty (where the coil is) would get super-super hot and I wasn't getting any vapor. At this point (if it has silica wick), you could try rinsing it, letting it dry, then dry-pulsing the crud off the coil (careful, don't scorch the silica), then let it dry again and see if you can still get a little more life out of it. Or you can just replace and toss the old coil, or save it for possibly rebuilding later (which I did).
Oh, and if there are two little threads of silica on top of the coil, don't lose those (or replace them with fresh silica). If you leave them out without rewicking, you'll have too much liquid going into the juice channels.

Ahem, aren't replacement heads cheaper than new tanks? :blink: :laugh:

Last edited:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Hey @AndriaD... Did you notice mister spread Antz propaganda about Nic as truth called me a fear monger for backing you up about the high powered ultrasonic nebulizer thing?
Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping.

Yeah... I won't argue with the half-witted, or engage in a battle of wits with the unarmed. I don't know that high-powered ultrasonics would pose any danger, but I also don't know if *anyone* knows... Considering the impact of subsonics on the brain, I think it worth looking into, and as you pointed out, using something on a regular basis, that near one's brain, could make the impact far greater.

Andria

Reactions: TrollDragon

AllElseFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2015
Champaign, IL
For me it was when the bottom of the atty (where the coil is) would get super-super hot and I wasn't getting any vapor. At this point (if it has silica wick), you could try rinsing it, letting it dry, then dry-pulsing the crud off the coil (careful, don't scorch the silica), then let it dry again and see if you can still get a little more life out of it. Or you can just replace and toss the old coil, or save it for possibly rebuilding later (which I did).

Ahem, aren't replacement heads cheaper than new tanks? :blink: :laugh:

Yes, they are. Which is why I finally decided to ask! LOL

So basically, if I am having to draw a lot longer to get any vapor, the coils are probably bad. Also, if while trying to get that vapor, the bottom of the atty gets hot, it's time. That's also makes a lot of sense and is something tangible. Thanks!! D

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Thank you for this reply! And sorry I jumped the gun on the sigh :oops: . That actually makes sense to me. I have one I think could be to that point, so I think I'll change it, but not throw away the old one. That way, if I'm wrong and there's is no difference, I will still have the old one. No waste!
If it's just bland but you're still getting plenty of vapor and it doesn't get hot, try rinsing it and letting it dry. Some people soak it in vodka, but I found that vodka was better put to use in a glass with some grapefruit juice. :p Just stick'em in a lidded jar with some water and swish them around for a little while. ;)

gadgetkeith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2015
Heber Srings Arkansas
i have a quick question also

the other week i went to a vape shop for some tasting of different flavors

they has two setups ie the normal little pen style atty things that ya cant realy get a good idea of taste just a basic idea etc

and the second station was a dripper set up ie jus bottles of juice and you use ya own dripper etc

my question is if ya use a dripper to do taste testing do ya need to rewick for each flavor or can ya just put enough juice on to have a couple of good pulls then add ya next juice and pull a few times to get the next flavor through
i know you will get a mix between the two flavors until the first is gone but would this work or should you rewick for each and every diferent flavor ?

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
@AllElseFailed , I added something while you were "liking:"
"Oh, and if there are two little threads of silica on top of the coil, don't lose those (or replace them with fresh silica). If you leave them out without rewicking, you'll have too much liquid going into the juice channels."

cincocc

Jul 27, 2015
Illinois, USA
You could probably find them cheaper in the States than I could link to. They are old fashioned so check bargain or clearance sections. Once you have used them you either clean in hot water or just dry burn and rinse. I still have some from years ago that I still use.

I just saw something about a "tester" somewhere - is that the same thing? I don't remember where I saw it but I think it had to do with a "sampler" of several different juices...

Reactions: TrollDragon

AllElseFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2015
Champaign, IL
Thanks everyone for all of the fantastic advice tonight. I feel like I have a MUCH better understanding now of A LOT of things. And will be looking for a 510 bridgeless atty!

Sorry I hijacked the thread a bit!

And good night all! Have to work in the morning!

AllElseFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2015
Champaign, IL
@AllElseFailed , I added something while you were "liking:"
"Oh, and if there are two little threads of silica on top of the coil, don't lose those (or replace them with fresh silica). If you leave them out without rewicking, you'll have too much liquid going into the juice channels."

Thanks! And thanks for making sure I noticed that! Will probably be coming back to these posts often to remember everything, although I have taken notes! :w00t:

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
For me anything that has a wick is better changed with the flavour. Anything with just the coil can be used over and over as long as the flavours are not completely opposite or tobacco. Tobacco types seem to hang around. I also find a cherry taste hard to get rid off. Because I Vape mainly mints and menthols I keep those separate from fruit.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
The more I think about it the funnier it is. Here I was, thinking it was going to be this whole big "thang", trying various juices until I find one that I like and trying to clean up the tank for each one...lol...what a dork!

As Krisma said, you don't have to use an RDA to test flavors. You might find my blog helpful, it's the way we all used to drip (and some still do!): Drip, Drip, Drip - The Sound of Dripping | E-Cigarette Forum

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Yes, they are. Which is why I finally decided to ask! LOL

So basically, if I am having to draw a lot longer to get any vapor, the coils are probably bad. Also, if while trying to get that vapor, the bottom of the atty gets hot, it's time. That's also makes a lot of sense and is something tangible. Thanks!! D
Yep. ;) Unless you forgot to charge your batt. :laugh: But if the bottom part is getting super hot while you're doing this, then yeah, time for a new head. What's happening is that the crud on the coil is insulating it and keeping it from heating up. The only way to get that crud off is to dry-pulse it to make it pop off (I say "pulse," not "burn" in this case because you wanna be careful not to scorch the silica. You could just remove the silica and rewick it, but it's really hard to rewick those things without mangling them because of how they built it).

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
i have a quick question also

the other week i went to a vape shop for some tasting of different flavors

they has two setups ie the normal little pen style atty things that ya cant realy get a good idea of taste just a basic idea etc

and the second station was a dripper set up ie jus bottles of juice and you use ya own dripper etc

my question is if ya use a dripper to do taste testing do ya need to rewick for each flavor or can ya just put enough juice on to have a couple of good pulls then add ya next juice and pull a few times to get the next flavor through
i know you will get a mix between the two flavors until the first is gone but would this work or should you rewick for each and every diferent flavor ?
IMO it depends on the wicking material. With silica or cotton, I always had to rinse it off. But with rayon, it works just like you said. Vape it dry, top off with new flavor, then take about 4 pulls.

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
the only reason i ask is i was thinking about getting a dripper for this sort of thing can you get a wickless dripper or not

I have a lot of different gear that I can use for dripping. I use Sophia rebuildable atomisers in some of my tanks and so I use them with the eliquid control shut to do my initial dripping. Then if I like the eliquid enough the transition to a small tank is easy, just pop a tank on and open the eliquid control.

There are a heck of a lot of different types and it comes down to what is easiest for people to use. It's more about the process of tasting new eliquids.

Also I keep reminding myself that there are no rules around vaping. You will find a way of doing things that make sense to you and in a rhythm that fits your lifestyle. Keep trying new things, new ways and enjoy the journey. It should be fun but it needs to make sense in your life. :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread