Are YOU a Tootle Puffer??

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
This tootle puffer needs help deciding on a tank. I love my Nautilus mini.. But i want n need a bigger tank. The only reason I'm not going with the bigger version is i feel like i should try a diff tank and i dont want a bell look this time. So I've been thinking about the Atlantis, isub g or the aspire Triton. I havnt found coils for the isub yet though...so not sure that is an option. I also just learned a valuable lesson. Order more coils before you think you might need them. I thought I had about a week left on my coils and no sooner than I stuck some in my cart did my cf4 say check atomizer :(
There's a thread on tritons on the hardware/clearomizer section with a lot of complaints may want to check it out. I like the bell haha.

AllElseFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2015
Champaign, IL
It took me about a month of carrying a ton of stuff to get down to just the couple I need to keep my flavor ADD at bay when I am out and about. But if Still needed my whole case to avoid smoking Id carry it everywhere with a smile lol

So good to hear this. And glad it's not just me. And yep, I would carry a backpack full of stuff if that's what I needed to continue being a non smoker! lol. I'm getting closer to that point, but it would help if I didn't keep buying more juices to try and if I didn't still have a major issue with shinyitis!! :)

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Thanks that sounds Excellent!

The Inawera Coffee Tobacco is also very good, very true to both flavors -- it's not sweet at all, so if you like your coffee sweet, you'll want some cream and sweetener in it too.

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
So good to hear this. And glad it's not just me. And yep, I would carry a backpack full of stuff if that's what I needed to continue being a non smoker! lol. I'm getting closer to that point, but it would help if I didn't keep buying more juices to try and if I didn't still have a major issue with shinyitis!! :)

I also used to carry a boatload of stuff with me, when we went to spend the day with my parents; now I just take the mod I'm using, a small btl of juice, and one other complete setup (mod and tank) with my regular ADV flavor in it -- just because 'feces occurs'. The iStick30 and the CF4 both last me around 2 days before they need a charge, so I don't have to worry about that, but I take along an extra setup just in case. Much easier than all the crap I used to haul around. :D

Andria

Woofer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2014
PA, SK, CA
What's NR-R-NR wire, and why can't you burn it? I've been burning mine, and it works very well.

~Lannie
Nickel legs welded to Kanthal. No Resistance-Resistance-No Resistance
Nickel has very low resistance.
I believe it is done to prevent burning the rubber grommet.
No idea why you can't burn it. :)

Last edited:

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
I've been dry burning all of mine, too....as long as the coil glows, I'm happy. I don't have to do as many now that I started wicking with rayon and have a back stock of coils....I just rinse, let dry, and start over every few days. If they get gunky, I just zap the coil and rewick. Easy peasy!

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
What's NR-R-NR wire, and why can't you burn it? I've been burning mine, and it works very well.

~Lannie
NR-r-NR wire is wire that the legs of the coil are non resistive wire welded to the resistive wire that the coil is made of. Keeps the legs cooler where they contact the rubber insulator in the base.

so if your coil and legs are all made of resistive wire aka Kanthal then the legs will get hotter and could burn thru the little insulator thingy and short out.

Sure burning works pretty well especially if combined with a rewicking.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Nickel legs welded to Kanthal. No Resistance-Resistance-No Resistance
Nickel has very low resistance.
I believe it is done to prevent burning the rubber grommet.
No idea why you can burn it. :)
It smells horrible if you do burn it. When I first started recoiling I had a 30 ga coil in there and got carried away watching the coil glow and started smelling rubber burn.

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota
OK, I think I get it - NR is non-resistive, R is resistive. So if mine are the stock Kanger coils, which are the non-resistive legs, etc. (is that right?) then I CAN burn them. Which is what I've been doing, and so far, I have not had to throw out one single coil yet. (I don't even know where the little rubber thing is, but I haven't smelled it burning, so it must be OK.)

So if I understand this correctly then, if I ever get to the point of recoiling my own, I won't be able to do dry burning to clean them, right? It will be use them until they're gunked, then throw them away and make another one? That won't be good, because most of the juices I've found I like the best are TERRIBLE coil gunkers. I'll spend all my time building coils...

~Lannie

Woofer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2014
PA, SK, CA
It smells horrible if you do burn it. When I first started recoiling I had a 30 ga coil in there and got carried away watching the coil glow and started smelling rubber burn.

I imagine it would smell horrible. ;)

Perhaps I am confused. I understood the question was why can't one burn NR-R-NR coils, not straight kanthal coils. Regardless I agree care is required dry burning kanthal coils in rubber grommets. Both can be dry burned with care.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
OK, I think I get it - NR is non-resistive, R is resistive. So if mine are the stock Kanger coils, which are the non-resistive legs, etc. (is that right?) then I CAN burn them. Which is what I've been doing, and so far, I have not had to throw out one single coil yet. (I don't even know where the little rubber thing is, but I haven't smelled it burning, so it must be OK.)

So if I understand this correctly then, if I ever get to the point of recoiling my own, I won't be able to do dry burning to clean them, right? It will be use them until they're gunked, then throw them away and make another one? That won't be good, because most of the juices I've found I like the best are TERRIBLE coil gunkers. I'll spend all my time building coils...

~Lannie
the rubber thing you will know if you start recoiling. If you look at the bottom of your coil you will see a center pin and then between that and the rest of the coil body you will see a little rubber ring. It is acthttp://techguylabs.com/episodes/1206aully the bottom of a rubber sleeve thingy that insulates the center pin from the body of the coil base.
If you pull out the center pin on an old coil you will understand.

And you can burn staright Kanthal coils just do not burn them for too long at a time or you run the risk of burning thru the rubber thingy.

Fuzzy Thunderbear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2015
NOWHERE, SD, USA
you run the risk of burning thru the rubber thingy.

I'm making an assumption here, but the "rubber thingy" you're talking about is the insulator grommet that makes sure the positive and negative sides of the power that lights the coil don't short?

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
I'm making an assumption here, but the "rubber thingy" you're talking about is the insulator grommet that makes sure the positive and negative sides of the power that lights the coil don't short?
Correct

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Yep and it also holds the ends of the coil wire in contact with the center pin and the coil base. One inside the insulator sleeve thingy and one outside it.

The larger Atlantis, subtank, etc coils use the same system and with them the NR coil wire ends are more important as with the larger wire carrying more heat and higher wattages they are more likely to burn thru the rubber insulator.
Anyone who rebuilds those large coils had a problem with this? Maybe not since you usually have the coil already wicked and cannot dry burn it?

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
dscf4376-jpg.146988

One of these :) they haven't changed much over the years

My Cotton Yarn, Vision Vivi Nova, rebuild technique | E-Cigarette Forum

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread