LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
I been having my Evic VT for a few months now and I like it. Its not my favorite mod but it works good. I vaped regular Kanthal coils on it, Ni coils and Ti coils and it doesnt give me any problems. For my own preference I find temp control to be a huge let down on any mod. In my opinion it doesnt give a crisp vape like the same kind of atty will give at 20 to 30 watts but its more of a muddled vape to me. The only TC mod that will do that is the Smok M80 with a kanthal coil in the atty and I have gotten a scorched hit from that before but usually I can vape the tank dry and not have a problem. If I push it and keep vaping after the tank is dry it will give a scorched hit.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I been having my Evic VT for a few months now and I like it. Its not my favorite mod but it works good. I vaped regular Kanthal coils on it, Ni coils and Ti coils and it doesnt give me any problems. For my own preference I find temp control to be a huge let down on any mod. In my opinion it doesnt give a crisp vape like the same kind of atty will give at 20 to 30 watts but its more of a muddled vape to me. The only TC mod that will do that is the Smok M80 with a kanthal coil in the atty and I have gotten a scorched hit from that before but usually I can vape the tank dry and not have a problem. If I push it and keep vaping after the tank is dry it will give a scorched hit.

That was kinda my feeling too... at a temp that's comfy for me, it's just too... soft? I dunno, but I really didn't care for it. And I can't use it in wattage mode, because of that 30w blast. So I got rid of it, and got my etched CF4 as my no-smoke-a-versary present -- MUCH better!

Andria

Electrodave

LPV
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2015
Denver, CO
www.electrostring.com
I think the mini is firmware upgradeable too.

yep it is.

Don't ever bother with upgrading firmware. Just buy the new thing once it comes out, then buy the V 2.0 after they work the bugs out of V 1.7, because by then V 1.7 will look old and need to be replaced anyway.
Thanks a lot... Now I have to buy both of them :-x

;)

a91399d58bebbed396412ea3fea23452.jpg

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
That was kinda my feeling too... at a temp that's comfy for me, it's just too... soft? I dunno, but I really didn't care for it. And I can't use it in wattage mode, because of that 30w blast. So I got rid of it, and got my etched CF4 as my no-smoke-a-versary present -- MUCH better!

Andria
How many no-smoke-a-versary's presents are we allowed a month? lol :p :)

Electrodave

LPV
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2015
Denver, CO
www.electrostring.com
How many no-smoke-a-versary's presents are we allowed a month? lol :p :)
Depends on who's paying for it...sometimes a Mr Chen in China can be quite generous ;) Sally, too. I got a gift from her today.

I'm overdue, though, for a nosmokeaversary present. 4 1/2 years and no nosmokeaversary presents. Mr Chen needs to make up for lost time.

amoret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Sharon, ND, USA
I've been trying to catch up since I got home from getting my ankle fixed, but gave up and have just been skimming. A multiquote would have been 10 miles long. So here, roughly in order are what passes for my thoughts these days on a couple of recent discussions.

i saw some discussion of tootle puffers going lower ohm. Has any tootle puffer tried an iSub tank yet? I won it, and it came with a .5 ohm coil, which has kind of scared me off a bit from actually using it. There are higher ohm coils available for it but they are hard to find and I can't spend any money until the 16th and really shouldn't then.:(

On vapeversary gifts - for someone with a lot of stuff and happy where they are at, how about a fancy vape stand or carrying case?

I'm going to be forced to buy a Coolfire4 to go with the rest of my Innokin family. I'd been happy with my VVs, then added some MVPs for longer battery life, but after winning the Disrupter/Innokincell/iSub I'm having an urge to round out the family with a Coolfire4. I don't need the extra wattage, though I have ventured up to 14W on the disruptor and then gone down to 12.:D

new family.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2015-8-31_17-8-55.jpeg
    upload_2015-8-31_17-8-55.jpeg
    310.7 KB · Views: 3

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Depends on who's paying for it...sometimes a Mr Chen in China can be quite generous ;) Sally, too. I got a gift from her today.

I'm overdue, though, for a nosmokeaversary present. 4 1/2 years and no nosmokeaversary presents. Mr Chen needs to make up for lost time.
I have a long wishlist, but they haven't responded yet. :(:( I may wait a month before getting impatient.

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
I've been trying to catch up since I got home from getting my ankle fixed, but gave up and have just been skimming. A multiquote would have been 10 miles long. So here, roughly in order are what passes for my thoughts these days on a couple of recent discussions.

i saw some discussion of tootle puffers going lower ohm. Has any tootle puffer tried an iSub tank yet? I won it, and it came with a .5 ohm coil, which has kind of scared me off a bit from actually using it. There are higher ohm coils available for it but they are hard to find and I can't spend any money until the 16th and really shouldn't then.:(

On vapeversary gifts - for someone with a lot of stuff and happy where they are at, how about a fancy vape stand or carrying case?

I'm going to be forced to buy a Coolfire4 to go with the rest of my Innokin family. I'd been happy with my VVs, then added some MVPs for longer battery life, but after winning the Disrupter/Innokincell/iSub I'm having an urge to round out the family with a Coolfire4. I don't need the extra wattage, though I have ventured up to 14W on the disruptor and then gone down to 12.:D

View attachment 486042

Amoret, I also won the Disrupter/iSub combination. I love Innokin mods, but just haven't been able to "warm up to" this iSub, and I've tried. First I tried the .5 ohm coil and it was so hot it hurt my lungs. I looked around and finally found the 2 ohm coils at Vapor Beast, so I ordered some. Those were a lot better, but still not anywhere near as good as any other atty I have.

To start with, it has that big wide tailpipe drip tip that isn't replaceable. The airflow can be turned way down, but it's really hard to tootle puff with a tailpipe. I could barely MTL with it, but it was so much work I decided it wasn't worth the aggravation. I love my GS Airs and recently have started using Erlkonigin clones for a rebuildable. Those I can vape in my preferred way without so much work. Vaping shouldn't be work, it should be enjoyable. So I'll probably PIF the iSub to someone who would enjoy it.

amoret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Sharon, ND, USA
Amoret, I also won the Disrupter/iSub combination. I love Innokin mods, but just haven't been able to "warm up to" this iSub, and I've tried. First I tried the .5 ohm coil and it was so hot it hurt my lungs. I looked around and finally found the 2 ohm coils at Vapor Beast, so I ordered some. Those were a lot better, but still not anywhere near as good as any other atty I have.

To start with, it has that big wide tailpipe drip tip that isn't replaceable. The airflow can be turned way down, but it's really hard to tootle puff with a tailpipe. I could barely MTL with it, but it was so much work I decided it wasn't worth the aggravation. I love my GS Airs and recently have started using Erlkonigin clones for a rebuildable. Those I can vape in my preferred way without so much work. Vaping shouldn't be work, it should be enjoyable. So I'll probably PIF the iSub to someone who would enjoy it.

That's kind of what I thought. I haven't even tried the .5 ohm coil, but figured that I ought to at least give it a try with the 2 ohms. I do like an airy draw - thus my love of Davides, but probably not as airy as the iSub looks to be. I am enjoying the Disruptor, and after reading various threads I really am considering the Coolfire for my vapeversary. (I don't have shinyitis, really I don't. :blush:)

If I PIF the iSub I should include the :censored: Ileaf 20W that I stupidly bought for my first vapeversary, since it's just sitting in the back of a drawer. I think maybe I have enough backups now...

I am fond of Innokin. I lucked out by finding ECF before I started and getting good advice on what might work with numb hands. I ended up starting with the VV v3s - the white one on the end in the picture is the first one I bought. It's still in regular use after almost two years.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread