Are YOU a Tootle Puffer??

Status
Not open for further replies.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    How about a tootle puffer question to get this thread back on topic? I've noticed a number of posters mentioning their Kayfuns. I've been wanting to get one, as I rebuild my T3S and GS Air coils and have always wanted to try an rta. But there seems to be a huge variety of models and manufacturers. So I'm wondering which of these you would recommend to a tootle puffer. Keep in mind that I can in no way afford the original, so it would need to be one of the clones.

I use the HCigar 3.1 ($50). It's only drawback is it's size. There's enough steel in the thing to make 3 RDAs.
    I use a 1.2 ohm coil in it at 8 watts (3.1v)

add:
    Oh-and Uncle, leave that other stuff over at VF if you don't mind.

Last edited:

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 1, 2013
    Salem, OR
    Tobeco Kayfun Lite Plus -- RBAvapor has them for $20 (black or rose gold). There isn't a real lot of diff between the tobeco and ehpro kayfun lite plus's, but I prefer the tobecos; better air flow, better threading, and removing the base doesn't usually unscrew the chimney-top. They also have the KFL+ v2 for $20, but I don't know anything about that one. I know the "regular" tobeco KFL+'s are outstanding. Bear in mind, they're not "cloud machines" -- many that like massive clouds find their airflow restrictive. Kayfuns are really "flavor machines."

Andria

Thanks, Andria. Flavor is exactly what I'm after. I could really care less about the clouds. The amount of vapor I get from a T3S or GS Air is just fine for me. $20 is a good price, so I'll definitely check that one out.

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 1, 2013
    Salem, OR
    I use the HCigar 3.1 ($50). It's only drawback is it's size. There's enough steel in the thing to make 3 RDAs.
    I use a 1.2 ohm coil in it at 8 watts (3.1v)

Hmmm. Might not look so great on an iStick then, I would imagine. :D

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah

ROFL
    P1010503_zpshqioef8z.jpg

add:
    What part of Oregon? I grew up west of Eugene.

Last edited:

Debadoo

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 18, 2012
    Texas, near Fort Hood
    It's all fancy now but I want to know who came in here and moved my rocking chair during the shut down. Not funny!

Might wanna check the back porch. Not sayin we took it mind ya, but we do tend to have quite the collection of them. :)

Thanks Andria, I show her your post and bounce it off her.
    :toast:

totally agree.....she can do it. Especially with a coil master or similar coiling jig. So easy, and she can get the exact type she wants for coil and wick.

received flat of 140 TFA flavors

Holy Schnikees.......you fixin to open a joose company??? :laugh:

Then I realized that I had already done the scariest possible thing I could imagine -- QUIT SMOKING!

Excellent point! Plan on swipin this....if I can remember it! lol

I don't use Cotton Balls just for that reason, I can taste them and I am not going to boil the cotton.

same here, just didn't like the taste of so called organic cotton balls I got from ebay. But love KGD. No taste there at all except juice.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    How about a tootle puffer question to get this thread back on topic? I've noticed a number of posters mentioning their Kayfuns. I've been wanting to get one, as I rebuild my T3S and GS Air coils and have always wanted to try an RTA. But there seems to be a huge variety of models and manufacturers. So I'm wondering which of these you would recommend to a tootle puffer. Keep in mind that I can in no way afford the original, so it would need to be one of the clones.
    I have the Heatvape Kayfun 3.1 ES which you top fill unless you can find a plastic needle bottle to fill it through the fill port. The Ivogo Kayfun 2.1 ES which has the same fill port as the 3.1 and is much more useless so you have to top fill it as well, plus it has a really tiny build deck.

My EDC and favorite is the Kayfun Undead from Vipster Vapes.
    http://www.vipstervapes.com/undead/

The Undead is a modified Kayfun which you would not need starting out, but it is modified from the EHPro Kayfun Lite Plus V2. Which IMHO is one of the best made Kayfun 1:1 clones you will find anywhere.

Pick one up from Sweet Vapes with either the single or dual airflow control.
    EHPro Kayfun Lite Plus V2
    kayfunv2black4.jpg

They come with all the tanks, spare o-rings and screws etc...

Shadav

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    thehelpline.info
    i donno, just too me seems like cotton would burn easily?!?! I mean I know people been using it and it seems more popular now....but anyways, maybe one day i'll give it a go, but for now i'll stick with my silica or whatever this stuff is that i buy from fasttech that seems to be somewhat flame ......ant....as far as i can tell it doesn't mutilate the flavor so it's all good :)

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 1, 2013
    Salem, OR
    I have the Heatvape Kayfun 3.1 ES which you top fill unless you can find a plastic needle bottle to fill it through the fill port. The Ivogo Kayfun 2.1 ES which has the same fill port as the 3.1 and is much more useless so you have to top fill it as well, plus it has a really tiny build deck.

My EDC and favorite is the Kayfun Undead from Vipster Vapes.
    http://www.vipstervapes.com/undead/

The Undead is a modified Kayfun which you would not need starting out, but it is modified from the EHPro Kayfun Lite Plus V2. Which IMHO is one of the best made Kayfun 1:1 clones you will find anywhere.

Pick one up from Sweet Vapes with either the single or dual airflow control.
    EHPro Kayfun Lite Plus V2
    kayfunv2black4.jpg

They come with all the tanks, spare o-rings and screws etc...

Thanks, TrollDragon, for the very informative post. That gives me a couple more to research before I pull the trigger. That Undead looks to be quite an interesting mod, to say the least. :D

Wow1420

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 17, 2013
    Somewhere out there
    I had to pass on the 20w iStick because it won't step down, a bad thing for most tootle puffers -- but I've got a 30w iStick on the way! Because it really will allow the low wattage vaping I demand! :thumb:

I beg to differ. The 20w istick works just fine for 10W-ish tootle puffin'. The 'stick displays average watts instead of the RMS watts like most other gear. So the numbers look off, but I can adjust the 'stick so I get the feel of a 10 watt vape on my 1.4 ohm KFL.

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I beg to differ. The 20w istick works just fine for 10W-ish tootle puffin'. The 'stick displays average watts instead of the RMS watts like most other gear. So the numbers look off, but I can adjust the 'stick so I get the feel of a 10 watt vape on my 1.4 ohm KFL.

That's the trick with the iStick 20, the resistance & wattage has to be high enough, but even at 1.4 ohms you couldn't get it down to 7 watts before the PV shut off because of a low battery. (1.4 ohms @ 7 watts = 3.1v)

Thrasher

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 28, 2012
    Madeira beach, Fla
    I would pick a klight or k4 over the old 3.1 that model is coming up on 4 years old already.

I personally use silica over cotton some of it is very clean tasting. And unlike cotton I can go several weeks on a wick with a quick dryburn and rinse

To my utter shock, fasttech sells really nice tight rope, very neutral. Actually some of the nicest dense wraps I've seen in a while compared to some.

In the k4 with some doubled 2mm I get plenty of dense clouds with thick flavor set up right the Kayfun doesn't need a lot of power, the design is from before 20 watt mods even existed

As much as I like the k light the wicking in the 4 rocks, I can literelly vape the tank dry and not one dry hit.

I know this isn't the thread for it, but don't let the casuals fool ya, the Kayfun can belt it out under optimal conditions
    This is a k4 running 65/35 pg/VG
    20150419_195629.jpg

Last edited:

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 16, 2015
    elsewhere
    I would pick a klight or k4 over the old 3.1 that model is coming up on 4 years old already.

I personally use silica over cotton some of it is very clean tasting. And unlike cotton I can go several weeks on a wick with a quick dryburn and rinse

To my utter shock, fasttech sells really nice tight rope, very neutral. Actually some of the nicest dense wraps I've seen in a while compared to some.

In the k4 with some doubled 2mm I get plenty of dense clouds with thick flavor set up right the Kayfun doesn't need a lot of power, the design is from before 20 watt mods even existed

As much as I like the k light the wicking in the 4 rocks, I can literelly vape the tank dry and not one dry hit.

I know this isn't the thread for it, but don't let the casuals fool ya, the Kayfun can belt it out under optimal conditions
    This is a k4 running 65/35 pg/VG
    View attachment 453232

That looks about like the mini clouds I get out of my modified Evods at 7.6 watts.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    angryvaper.crypticsites.com

Remember this?

IMG_0567-sml.jpg

Turned so you can see the black panel in front, which is why I got the black kayfun for it -- that's a kayfun with a "tall M-tank" -- I always use those instead of the 3-segment tank, because a) it's a lot lighter, b) it's easier to grab one piece than the bottom one of three when you need to open it, and c) it just looks better to me.

I still didn't get my genii drip tip today, and I left a very hostile msg to the USPS about it. So we drove up to the MadVapes in Buford ('bout 10 miles north of us) and got that large Ming; it's just like the gun-metal large Ming on the gold kayfun (that gold one is an ehpro) pictured with my gun-metal Vamo in that comparison pic I posted yesterday. I really like these, even though they're metal; the flavor is very strong and clear, really lets you taste the nuances.

Mind you there's nothing *wrong* with the ehpro kayfun, if you can find it for less than $20, I just prefer all my tobecos to the ehpro.

Andria

Last edited:

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    California
    :evil:
    Heh.. the water heater digression was unfortunately, originally, my fault... I really did try to kill it before it ran away with the thread, but it proved very Steven-Seagal-ish. :pervy:

Andria
    and now it's back......
    so when you install a water heater....:lol:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread