Are you done stocking up?

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
So what source would be "sustainable" Zuta?

Well this is something that I just put into Google. Like I said, palm oil can be sustainable but mostly it is not.
When your diy juice equates to pennies surely you can afford to spend a few dollars more and buy sustainable VG.
I am not touting for business, so I will not put the business name in.
When your savings from cigs are insanely massive perhaps it's not a crazy thought to make sure your gear is ethically sourced.

Vegetable/Palm Glycerin

99.7% USP Kosher NonGMO Palm Glycerin

Palm kernel oil is an edible plant oil derived from the kernel of the oil palm
Elaeis guineensis

Our certified Kosher USP Palm Vegetable glycerin is not a by product of biodiesel or soap production. Even though glycerin byproduct from biodiesel or soap production is a USP Food Grade vegetable product, the taste is just not as good when compared to our palm based product. The use of glycerin in food and personal care products would lead any market leader or scientific formulator to use the best tasting and smelling ingredient(s). Most other leading glycerin resellers are selling biodiesel byproduct glycerin and you can taste and smell the difference. Our palm based product is ethically and sustainably produced from non-GMO palm oil, not the genetically modified soy bean oil based biodiesel glycerin, generally offered by the market.

Our palm glycerin is manufactured according to standards for sustainable practices set forth by the Rainforest Alliance and the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil. It is carefully produced, packaged and stored to maintain its purity, freshness and excellent taste. Compare it to generally available USA produced biodiesel glycerin(s) offered at similar prices by the general market, and once you do a smell and taste test, you will never use the genetic modified biodiesel byproduct glycerin again.

Palm based glycerin is the perfect and only choice, when great taste and neutral odor is what your product is all about.

It's not that hard :)

J.d. Roberts

May 30, 2016
Austin, Texas
I see many people talking about buying palm based Vg.

I hope you and others have bought sustainably sourced glycerin.
It is good that people worry so much what they are vaping now compared to not caring about what was in their cigarettes, but I think only a small amount of palm oil is sustainably sourced.

Vaping has a small part to play in deforestation but none of your household products inc. vape gear should be bought without knowing where exactly they come from.

Rant over. Unethical sourced Palm products = a big, fat, :nah:

I watch PBS, not because I'm poor but they have good content and I haven't outgrown those nature shows since I was a kid. Got to have my dose of Antiques Roadshow every once and again also. Anyways, I saw a special they did on where Palm products come from and the deforestation of the rain forests. I was a bit disgusted. Tearing down and chopping up the "earth's lungs" aka rain forests just to farm Palm trees for products - oils and beauty products. I try and keep away from products that contain Palm oil/other similar products when I can.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
I placed a big flavour order and the vendor was nice enough to include a few weird flavours for free.

Now what to do with red licorice and raisin!!! LOL.
Never tried red licorice but raisin is very good especially with rum flavor :)

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
What % did you do yours at? I did 10% based on the recipe site recommendations and think it needs more. OSDIY was out of 30ml bottles when I ordered so I only got a 15ml bottle but added it my cart at RF's site for when I place a big order later this year or early next year.
I usually mix 10-15%, I have been doing RF at 15%.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
It is funny (in a good way!) how this thread continually does 180's from mods to tanks to supplies to flavours, etc.

Lots of great info here for new vapers to the most advanced vapers. :thumbs:
Yep we cover all bases LOL!

house mouse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
BFE
Never tried red licorice but raisin is very good especially with rum flavor :)

yumm.... now you have me wondering how raisin and rum might mix with vanilla bean ice cream for a little rum raisin ice cream type vape. Rum Raisin Ice Cream is my all time favorite. I used to hide it behind the broccoli when the kids were young. It never got found. :D

The FDA might have stopped new flavors being created by vendors, but there's evidently always going to be new flavors being concocted. :lol:

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
yumm.... now you have me wondering how raisin and rum might mix with vanilla bean ice cream for a little rum raisin ice cream type vape. Rum Raisin Ice Cream is my all time favorite. I used to hide it behind the broccoli when the kids were young. It never got found. :D
That would be great!! I need to try it :) I didn't think about the VBIC :)

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
The FDA might have stopped new flavors being created by vendors, but there's evidently always going to be new flavors being concocted. :lol:

I guess I am guilty of that - since I hardly ever follow a recipe exactly - I am always varying my juice mixes. Sometimes I like to put a new flavor on top and let it drive the juice...

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
I guess I am guilty of that - since I hardly ever follow a recipe exactly - I am always varying my juice mixes. Sometimes I like to put a new flavor on top and let it drive the juice...
I like mixing juices together in my tanks. I added banana bread to my bread pudding tank and let them fight it out LOL!

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
I watch PBS, not because I'm poor but they have good content and I haven't outgrown those nature shows since I was a kid. Got to have my dose of Antiques Roadshow every once and again also. Anyways, I saw a special they did on where Palm products come from and the deforestation of the rain forests. I was a bit disgusted. Tearing down and chopping up the "earth's lungs" aka rain forests just to farm Palm trees for products - oils and beauty products. I try and keep away from products that contain Palm oil/other similar products when I can.

Good man/woman I personally use sustainably sourced rapeseed derived Vg. It's cheap and I don't feel iffy yet.

"The earths lungs". I like that. It's not only ours we should worry about.
We're making ourselves better, why not do our bit?

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
The card I have been using for vape stuff got hacked. Just got a call that they had received calls about my account from another state and someone tried purchasing a $1k+ mac from apple. Time to do that credit freeze thing and look into a pre-paid card or 2nd account at my credit union for online transactions.

I usually mix 10-15%, I have been doing RF at 15%.

I will have to give my next VG batches a try at 15%.

phonedude

DIY Enthusiast
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2011
Kansas
Nice bro :thumbs:. I have 2 silver, 1 black, and 1 copper now. I'm obviously a fan too and started stocking up and collecting them. I'm waiting for an all gold Tugboat like this Twisted Messes..

GOLD-AF-Twisted-Messes-RDA-TM2-Squared-300x300.jpg

.. I would def have to buy a satin/matte gold one, like the one of the left.

Those are beautiful. Yep a tugboat in gold would be awesome.

phonedude

DIY Enthusiast
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2011
Kansas
I placed a big flavour order and the vendor was nice enough to include a few weird flavours for free.

Now what to do with red licorice and raisin!!! LOL.

I would throw the raisin away. That's just me. :eek:

The red licorice I would try on it's own. Sounds kinda good.
th_10.gif

grandmato5

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
WNY
Hope my flavors are ok in a cool dark place. Don't want to have to put those in the fridge, but will if I need to. I'm not doing a lot of mixing right now because I have a lot of juice to use up and not ready to give up buying some of my favorites until for some reason (tax, state laws) I can't anymore.

I've never put my flavorings in the fridge. Some of my flavorings are 5+ years old and they are just fine. :) I keep them in my basement where it is cool and dark.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
The card I have been using for vape stuff got hacked. Just got a call that they had received calls about my account from another state and someone tried purchasing a $1k+ mac from apple. Time to do that credit freeze thing and look into a pre-paid card or 2nd account at my credit union for online transactions.

I will have to give my next VG batches a try at 15%.
So sorry about you CC! I had two hacked last month.

grandmato5

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
WNY
any deals out there on quality flavoring? who has the best deals? is flavor apprentice the best place to go for FA flavorings, does buying directly from them aviod the "middle man". any crazy cheap deals on flavorings like other deals have been lately.

i also dont really think there is too much need to hoard flavorings, i dont think they will be subject to a ban, at least not for a while

No need to stock pile most flavorings as they will always be available. The only ones that "may" go away are tobacco flavorings. Also some juice vendors make and sell their own flavorings and when they close up shop those will be gone.

Many of my flavors in the past few years have been bought at Wizard Labs. They have good prices and sell a wide variety of flavor vendors flavors.

Users who are viewing this thread