Status
Not open for further replies.

cddz

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio
Care and maintenance for your Silver Bullet

In regards to the batteries, it should be a requirement to know how to handle/recharge/use these properly. Please read The Battery University Website.

WARNING: If for some reason your Silverbullet locks up, do NOT unscrew it yourself. You will more than likely ruin the threading of the unit. It is very important to apply some NOALOX asap! Please read the Main Thread section below!

cddz-albums-bs-picture2864-main-threads-copy.jpg

Main threads:
For trouble free operation and smooth battery changes it is recommended to clean the main threads once a week with a soft cloth. Be sure to not leave anything behind. A small particle can cause big headaches when trying to change a battery.
I strongly recommend an anti-oxidant/galling compound. I personally use NOALOX, a product sold in most hardware stores including LOWES. It is a product made by IDEAL and it can be found in the electrical isle. Only use it on the main threads to prevent galling/seizing. To apply it simply use a small dab on a q-tip and apply it to the male threads. Work the compound into the threads by screwing and unscrewing the top and bottom. After it is worked into the threads wipe off the excess with a soft cloth. There are several other conductive lubes/anti-oxidants that can be used, this one is the most economical at $2.98 for .5oz.

Atomizer Connection:
From time to time it will be necessary to clean this connection. Simply use a q-tip and alcohol, wipe out the excess alcohol and allow to dry. I recommend doing this once weekly.

Shine Upkeep:
I personally use Mothers Aluminum polish with cotton balls, this polish is available at most automotive stores. Follow the directions on the container, the more you do it the better you will get. Be sure to wear soft gloves, it will get annoying when you keep chasing those pesky smudges. It is also okay to use a buffing wheel. Use a loose sisal with green compound, if you do not know what that means, you should not be buffing your SB :)

Informational Links:
IDEAL INDUSTRIES, INC. - Noalox® Anti-Oxidant Compound
Mothers® Mag & Aluminum Polish
GB® Ox-Gard® Anti Oxidant Compound *in case you can't find Noalox

Last edited by a moderator:

MarthaT

Moved On
Jul 23, 2009
  • Deleted by AngusATAT
  • Reason: spam

vapn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
UK
HEY I WANT A BLACK ONE.... he he I see yours in the background. I was actually thinking about powder coating it black. After the original luster wears off.. Or maybe even anodizing it. But that would require taking it apart completely. How hard would that be? Is there anything soldered to the body? And is the atomizer connection pressed in there?

cddz

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio
HEY I WANT A BLACK ONE.... he he I see yours in the background. I was actually thinking about powder coating it black. After the original luster wears off.. Or maybe even anodizing it. But that would require taking it apart completely. How hard would that be? Is there anything soldered to the body? And is the atomizer connection pressed in there?
That's not a Silver Bullet...................
The atomizer is pressed, it is not too hard to disasemble completely, You would only be able to anodize it very thin, remember anodizing changes the resistance of the metal. It would have to be so thin it would come off. Powder coating would be bettter.... so would polishing it lol

Last edited:

vapn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
UK
Yea you are right about the resistance. I didn't think about that. How does Puresmoker get away with it? The inside of the tube isn't anodized and neither are the threads. I bet they use some kind of rubber insert while anodizing it.

So that black one you have there, is it powder coated? I know you take great pride in the polish on these things. I also know how hard it is to get that shine on there so I will probably just buff it out every now and then... It sure is pretty... A show piece..

Thanks for taking the time to reply to each and every post I have done on here. That's cool.. I know if I have a problem you will be able to help quickly... That's important..

Have a good night...

cddz

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio
Yea you are right about the resistance. I didn't think about that. How does Puresmoker get away with it? The inside of the tube isn't anodized and neither are the threads. I bet they use some kind of rubber insert while anodizing it.

So that black one you have there, is it powder coated? I know you take great pride in the polish on these things. I also know how hard it is to get that shine on there so I will probably just buff it out every now and then... It sure is pretty... A show piece..

Thanks for taking the time to reply to each and every post I have done on here. That's cool.. I know if I have a problem you will be able to help quickly... That's important..

Have a good night...
The Prodigy appears to be powder coated :) If not great job on masking it off.
The one you see in the picture is rubber coated(plasti dip), just for concept. I try to keep an eye on the forum.... gives me a break from testing these units.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread