Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA
Well Mek we must've done this right. I'm not up to my regular power yet but that is how I break them in I'm down a half a tank not a dry hit in the batch. I took an extra with me just in case but no need. Vapin like a wild man.

What do you mean, "That's how I break them in." Does the a kayfun need breaking in? Eech! And I thought all I had to work out is how to build and wick one! :facepalm:

PapaSloth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2014
Portland, OR, USA
What do you mean, "That's how I break them in." Does the a kayfun need breaking in? Eech! And I thought all I had to work out is how to build and wick one! :facepalm:

You don't need to break them in, but you do need to understand the limits of the device (how much power you can run it at, and still have the wicking and airflow keep up). You also need to understand how to vape on them so that you're drawing the right amount of juice into the evaporation chamber with each puff, and to make sure you have the airflow adjusted correctly. If you just crank it up to 30W as soon as you get it and start puffing away, you'll get dry hits for sure, and that is VERY unpleasant. It does take a little practice, but the reward is a very nice vape when you understand the device and its limits. So, starting low (like 8W) and working your way up is a very sensible thing to do.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Don't forget folks - we have a new front porch!

I pm'ed Classwife, asking her to close this 'porch' tomorrow morning. So if there's any posts/pictures you want to copy to the new thread do it before the porch is closed. Once the thread is closed you won't be able to 'reply w/ quote' to copy/paste a post to the new porch.

Announcement: The New Front Porch

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-vaping-discussion/633925-older-folks-vaping-front-porch-part-three.html#post14817682

Here we go - put on your walking shoes and mosey over to the new porch.

Please start any new topics on the new front porch. And do, take the time to find you intro post and move it over there.

Vape on!

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Here’s some of the headlines today.

Study offers support for the notion of e-cigarettes as a gateway drug

Worst Fears About Teen E-Cigarette Use Justified, New Data Suggest

E-cigarette use by Hawaii teens is nearly triple the national average

E-Cigarettes Are 'Gateway Drug' For Teens, New Study Suggests

E-Cigarettes May Lure Teens into Traditional Smoking

E-Cigarettes: Teens Are Major Market

Here’s what really happened.

E-cigarette use by Hawaii teens is nearly triple the national average ( :lol: ) Mnoa: E-cigarette use by Hawaii teens is nearly triple the national average | University of Hawaii News

The site has been doing really weird stuff, including crashing on me for 20 minutes or so today. It's latest thing is to take me to the middle of a page. If you look at the quote in this post, you will see a blue square with two arrow-type thingies in it. Click on that and it will take you to the quoted post.

Now El Whacko is taking me for a walk before the heavens open up again. :)
about a year ago my grandson & his group of friends played around with ecigs for a few months. They were all using 0 nic, but trading flavors the same way they used to trade Pokemon cards. It was a fad. They all quit using them after about 6 months. I'll add that these are all college students, & my GS graduated last Saturday as an RN & is 19. So he's still a teen, has been through that phase & moved on. It's interesting to me that none of these articles question whether or not they are using nic. Ecig does not necessitate nicotine use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread