Status
Not open for further replies.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Yup. I think the FA Custard is more creamy than custard-y. Not much egg, and no vanilla or sweetener (to me). But when I add it to the Inawera, it adds somethin. What, I couldn't say -- but somethin!
kewl. Do you use cap v1 or v2 also?

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
you really need to use that rainbow....so purdy!!

Nope!

you like that better than cap v1? I had planned on getting that on my RTS order, but they don't carry it :(

It's better to me. Which is saying a lot. I'm setting up a side by side to steep awhile & compare. It smells really rich. Can something smell thick? This does.

English spring peas that they mush up and usually add mint. At least that's what I've always seen on food network. But I did look it up to make sure I was right, and they said traditional ones use marrowfat peas, which I reckin are harder to get. Had never heard of marrowfat peas. Reckin they're dried, cuz it said to soak em overnight in water with some baking soda in it.

Ohhh, baking soda....so they make your pooter work....[emoji79]

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
@Kenna, I'm so glad your treatment went more smoothly, this time. You are ever so brave, knowing what's coming and managing to get through each and every time! :wub: Oh -- and glad @clnire and @misswish1 were able to get you sorted on the 100 drops thing. I use that method, too -- and often do lose track of the remaining 90-someodd drops! [emoji38]

Nope, not trying to keep up with the counting, vaping, adding, & so on. I'm just using the calulator to mix 8ml at the recommended starting points & then add or subtract flavor from there or I can taste things at 1% the same way. It shows 1% as 1 drop in the calculator.

@Debadoo, if you can, get a few different custards. I'm finding a mixture works better than a single one. There's a depth of flavor. The one by FlavourArt is great with fruit. It has a slight hint of lemon that really accents whatever fruit it's mixed with.

Yur gonna make me mix custards aren't ya.

Last night's sunset was glorious. All pink and coral ...
View attachment 601965

That is so beautiful! Sigh......

Last edited:

misswish1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
NM
Good Morning!

@misswish1 were able to get you sorted on the 100 drops thing. I use that method, too -- and often do lose track of the remaining 90-someodd drops! :lol:

@misswish1, Is it you that I've happened across in another vaping forum re: HIC's recipes? Just wondering if you've tried any, and what your thoughts are...

100 drops - with my droppers, it comes out to 3mls. I have some little 6ml test tube things with ml markings, so add the flavoring drops then fill to the 3ml line with my base.
HIC's recipes have turned out great for me! I have to make them stronger, but they are very good. His notes on all of the FA flavors are a wonderful notebook of knowledge.

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA
kewl. Do you use cap v1 or v2 also?
V2 more than V1. I think V1 tastes better, but V2 is pretty good and then I don't feel as badly when I use Butter :)

100 drops - with my droppers, it comes out to 3mls. I have some little 6ml test tube things with ml markings, so add the flavoring drops then fill to the 3ml line with my base.
HIC's recipes have turned out great for me! I have to make them stronger, but they are very good. His notes on all of the FA flavors are a wonderful notebook of knowledge.
Aren't they?! I downloaded his notes and am thrilled with the level of detail. Seems like lots of folks use some sort of multiplier with his recipes. I doubled with my first attempt. Won't do that again! :facepalm: I have one steeping now, that's 25% stronger than what he specified. I think it may be a keeper!

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
oh kewl! That is really a nice looking mod. Been entering a few contests trying to win won, but no luck. Really love the triade, but it's super expensive. But they do have a purple ostrich leather for that one. Wish they had that leather on the therion! This isn't a great photo though......looked really great on another photo I saw that I can't find now. On the therion options, I think it was the dark auburn ostrich one that I really liked.
I got mine for $100 on Labor Day Sale

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Success! Just mixed 4 8ml vials of RF tests at 15%. That is what I'm seeing as recommended by them. I guess I'll find out in a couple of weeks. I need to find a starting point to test this INA Chocolate Cream, it smells wonderful! I've not tried any chocolate flavors. And gonna mix an Arnold Palmer. Or try to.

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
English spring peas that they mush up and usually add mint. At least that's what I've always seen on food network. But I did look it up to make sure I was right, and they said traditional ones use marrowfat peas, which I reckin are harder to get. Had never heard of marrowfat peas. Reckin they're dried, cuz it said to soak em overnight in water with some baking soda in it.

I've seen them over here made with regular peas. I think that would be a felony in England.

Marrowfat peas have a consistency a bit like butterbeans. Basically it's just peas cooked until they are most of the way to being pea soup, but the peas haven't completely disintegrated and most of the liquid is gone. Traditionally they are baked in the oven but then you have no control of the amount of water so you have to get it just right. For some reason they are very popular over there.

Last edited:

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Has da ECF been swallowed by a gravity wave? Where are ya'll?
searching.gif

Showing last post here at 5:12PM...

Last edited:

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I was wandering the factory floor at work yesterday (I'm a front office position but spend time on the shop floor daily) and one of the women stopped me and said "I hear you are vaping these days" She then proceeded to show me her Hex Ohm, and told me she has 2 and her husband has 4, one of which is a LE that he got from someone in Canada. They make their own juice, build their own coils, etc. I asked if they were on any of the vaping forums, she said no, but I almost gotta believe he probably is or has been.

Anyway, thought that was pretty cool.
What is it about the Hex Ohm that's so addictive? You can't buy just one!
And:
d4930c38a52b2fdfe1e06f0fa8f9d4bf.jpg

They are really hard to get pics of! It's just an explosion of color.
Wow! Absolutely beautiful!

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Today is my second anniversary of getting off the cigs. It seems longer than that. I guess the whole Vaping world has changed. For me I've gone from a PT mini and a Spinner to being stocked up and making juice and all the rest. Not to mention being able to mow the lawn in one 2 hour session instead of taking all day with 10 coffee breaks. A lot of change in 2 years.
Congratulations on your 2 years! It's amazing, isn't it?

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Okies!! I got clearance to share the recipe. @Kodak has some really great juices and puts me to shame when it comes to making up new stuff! Y'all really should try this one! (The additional notes are hers as well. :) )

Iced Lemon Cookie:
3% Cookie FA
4% Lemon Sicily FA
1% Vienna Cream FA
.5% Sweetner (I use CAP's Supersweet and ECX sweetner usually)
Sweetener can be adjusted to individual tastes
I don't have FA Cookie or FA Vienna Cream. But, I do have FW Sugar Cookie and TFA Sweet Cream. I wonder if that would do.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
What is it about the Hex Ohm that's so addictive? You can't buy just one!

Wow! Absolutely beautiful!
They are just an absolute workhorse. They fit my hand really well, & I like the weight & clicky button. The dual batts & tank make up most of the weight. The box is aluminum, & the sled is 3D printed plastic so that part isn't very heavy. I know they made changes with the 3.0, their own custom chip, & changed the sled & the way the batts sit. Not sure what else. Oh, & an on/off button inside it. Just a great mod.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I don't have FA Cookie or FA Vienna Cream. But, I do have FW Sugar Cookie and TFA Sweet Cream. I wonder if that would do.

Vienna Cream has a different flavor than sweet cream. And Sugar Cookie would work, it will add some sweetness.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
If you guys have not seen this, you should read the articles in the first post. If nothing else, suddenly a lot of the "news" you see/read will make sense. If you didn't like the FDA before... Read this! - Deeming - An absolute must read. How the FDA gagged the press

For those that missed @tj99959's video, here it is again without the objectionable part (you missed a few replies Retired :lol:.)

We "have" a doe that does that when she's happy excited. She's getting old so it doesn't happen very often anymore but whenever I see one doing it, I think of her. :wub:

I found this place by accident. Got lucky with who was welcoming newcomers.

Bought my first 650mah Joye device within a few days. Had a lotta questions - got a lot of answers. Struggled with those last few smokes. Got supported through them and learned to vape through them.

I got into the forum heavily in the beginning, but as it changed I levitatd to the porches and left the forum behind.

Now I venture out periodically. This forum helped me so I return it. Currently in a lot of threads. But before I wear out my welcome I will levitate back here again.

You were lucky, me not so much. First time I tried vaping it never occurred to me to "google" it. :lol:

I was gonna say, periodically? You've been out and about a lot lately. You have intelligent things to say and your wit is much appreciated.

@mattiem - ah ha :) .... I'm not losing my mind now that I turned 70. Just not staying current. I had saved your recipe from the previous back porch. And it didn't have the tangerine ... you maybe updated your recipe since I first saw it.

Older Folks and Vaping Back Porch - Part Four | Page 338 | E-Cigarette Forum

Cute-Animal-Happy-Birthday-Pictures-586x800.jpg

Today is my second anniversary of getting off the cigs. It seems longer than that. I guess the whole Vaping world has changed. For me I've gone from a PT mini and a Spinner to being stocked up and making juice and all the rest. Not to mention being able to mow the lawn in one 2 hour session instead of taking all day with 10 coffee breaks. A lot of change in 2 years.

hammiecake-2266.jpg

Happy Vaperversay! No, the hamster can't count.

If you all have family in Burlington, WA you might want to check on them. 4 dead at the Cascades Mall. My mom lives near there and thankfully she is okay. Just thought I would let you all know.

I'm so tired of these little punks, you have no idea. The grief I feel for their victims, their families, friends and the first responders that that have to live with what they've seen is overwhelming.

It might help if you can remember that gram = a recording by instrument of some sort (like gramophone), and plasty is to fix, like plaster can fix things.

unfortunately no on the back up cables. My son has two computers, one needs a cable cuz he lost it. The other one needs to have windows reloaded on it probably, because it just won't connect to the internet. So we definitely need to get more cables, and now I have a 16gb thumb drive that I can dl windows xp onto and then put it on the other computer. Just gotta check and make sure that it has a usb drive on it. I also have to get one of those key finder programs to find the xp key that is buried in it somewhere, so we don't have to buy it.
Gizmo lives in Dallas area, that's where the rescue is. No chance of getting him to go up there to meet him :( Plus you have to do a lot of other stuff with the rescue before you can even meet a dog. But jup, he's adorable!

I can try to remember that but the next time it comes up it will probably be 15 minutes after the data file expires. It does make sense though. Perhaps I can try to just remember the plaster part of it. :)

Only reason I could keep up with the computer part is because I still have XP. Computer's slowly dying, I dread having to replace it. Watch out for sharp hinges!

Some rescues put unreasonable expectations on forever homes. I get why they do it, but usually it just excludes poorer people and the elderly. Though not FDA approved, folk that have pets and love them, are healthier and live longer. Win/win. :wub:
Good Morning!

@englishmick, Happy 2nd Vaperversary! Here's wishing you many, many more! :)

@Kenna, I'm so glad your treatment went more smoothly, this time. You are ever so brave, knowing what's coming and managing to get through each and every time! :wub: Oh -- and glad @clnire and @misswish1 were able to get you sorted on the 100 drops thing. I use that method, too -- and often do lose track of the remaining 90-someodd drops! :lol:

@2legsshrt, beautiful mod! When will the brown ostrich one be available? What a sad day it would be if you stopped being intrigued by new shinies, Pat. I love listening to you describe the latest and greatest!

@Debadoo, if you can, get a few different custards. I'm finding a mixture works better than a single one. There's a depth of flavor. The one by FlavourArt is great with fruit. It has a slight hint of lemon that really accents whatever fruit it's mixed with.

@FlamingoTutu, Nope. Not gonna do it. I was little, once upon a time. Got pictures to prove it! :)

@misswish1, Is it you that I've happened across in another vaping forum re: HIC's recipes? Just wondering if you've tried any, and what your thoughts are...

Last night's sunset was glorious. All pink and coral ...
View attachment 601965

Gorgeous sunset!

Fine, I'll just keep on pretending I'm all tall and skinny as a flamingo. :sneaky:

Success! Just mixed 4 8ml vials of RF tests at 15%. That is what I'm seeing as recommended by them. I guess I'll find out in a couple of weeks. I need to find a starting point to test this INA Chocolate Cream, it smells wonderful! I've not tried any chocolate flavors. And gonna mix an Arnold Palmer. Or try to.

Yay! Stop making me hungry, all of you.

I think everyone is busy developing a mushy peas flavored juice.

:thumbs: Better answer than I was going to give him.

Some things should not be vaped.

So true! Lima bean, for one.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Have you found the ostrich for the Triade in the US. The only place I have seen it was in the UK and spain?
I'm not sure, it was in a contest, so it may have been a china company. Probably gearbest I think. It sure was pretty.

I've seen them over here made with regular peas. I think that would be a felony in England.

Marrowfat peas have a consistency a bit like butterbeans. Basically it's just peas cooked until they are most of the way to being pea soup, but the peas haven't completely disintegrated and most of the liquid is gone. Traditionally they are baked in the oven but then you have no control of the amount of water so you have to get it just right. For some reason they are very popular over there.
kewl. I have always wanted to try bubble and squeak too. I've seen it made a few times and it looks good, plus I love the name! hehehe

If you guys have not seen this, you should read the articles in the first post. If nothing else, suddenly a lot of the "news" you see/read will make sense. If you didn't like the FDA before... Read this! - Deeming - An absolute must read. How the FDA gagged the press

For those that missed @tj99959's video, here it is again without the objectionable part (you missed a few replies Retired :lol:.)
the vid said it had been removed by the owner.

Some rescues put unreasonable expectations on forever homes. I get why they do it, but usually it just excludes poorer people and the elderly.
Jup I get why too, but it definitely can eliminate some good homes. Probably rules out more not so great homes though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread