Older Folks and Vaping Front Porch - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

medleypat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2016
Frankfort Indiana
Nope. She has no interest in vaping other than to quit smoking. She is JUST starting to change her own batteries and juice. :rolleyes:
I believe has to do with leaking some leak out of bottom when left sitting upright. I don't charge mine in mod just replace battery and take driptip out and sit down upside down if not going to use it for a bit.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
First impressions review of the Kanger Nebox, available for $20 from vaping.com. Orders of $25 and more get free US shipping. I bought two; the blue one pictured, and a white one. Nebox

View attachment 602353

Pros:

10 ml permanently enclosed tank

Very compact

Feels solid but not heavy: 7.8 oz including full tank of joose, battery and drip tip

Plastic cylindrical drip tip

60 watts and TC capable

Can be charged with included USB cable

2 pre-built heads and a rebuildable head are included. Uses same heads as Kanger Subtank, I'm pretty sure.

Cons:

Tank can't be removed for cleaning

Tank is plastic, not glass

Mod has to be perpendicular to face or shnoz will touch the mod when vaping, if you're an index finger button-pusher like me, because the drip tip starts where the mod ends. Does not apply to those who push the power button with their thumb.

Battery cover requires coin or very strong fingernail

Uses just one 18650 battery

Note: warning card in box advises not to charge in vertical position for some unknown reason

Overall: an absolute steal at this price, performs well, very pocketable. No fatal flaws. I love it. I'm assuming that it wasn't as popular as anticipated, and that's the reason for the low price. However, I have no idea why this isn't a really popular mod. Did I mention I love it?

That tank thing is a bit odd. Even if you stuck to one flavor in the tank it's going to get crudded up eventually. Can you put water in the tank and shake it up? Or get a small brush in there?

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
That tank thing is a bit odd. Even if you stuck to one flavor in the tank it's going to get crudded up eventually. Can you put water in the tank and shake it up? Or get a small brush in there?
Yes, nothing prevents you from doing that.

Bolivar

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2014
Surrounded by cows and wheat
Gotta luv a family vaping affair!
thumbsup.gif

I went to a small family reunion this summer. No smokers, but 4 vapers, all over 60. I was really surprised.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I went to a small family reunion this summer. No smokers, but 4 vapers, all over 60. I was really surprised.
I played in a charity golf tourney a couple of weeks ago and there were tons of smokers (lots of people tent to smoke on the golf course), but out of 150 golfers, there were at least 6-7 vapers.

I vaped on the course and outside the bar after and not one person thought it was weird or even asked me about it. Thought that was different, but vaping is definitely getting more mainstream in the Toronto area.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
That is very cool! There were only 5 smokers between my 2 sisters & 8 kids. One kid quit with vaping & then quit vaping. Three of us are active vapers. One sister tried vaping, but only for situations where she couldn't smoke, h then she quit vaping at all & just smokes. She doesn't even smoke a pad. She doesn't like sweet liquids & only used a random b&m tobacco juice. Shes one of the reasons I keep trying to find a tobacco she might like. Hard, because I still don't like tobaccos.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
They don't sell key lime pie up here, will have to wait until we go to the City."
that's just wrong!

Watched bamboo grow in Hawaii, I'm still blown away that you can actually see it
for reals?? that is sooooooo kewl! and Jup, I am easily amused! hehehe

Thanks!

Coming up to one year vaping for me after 30 years of a pack a day.

I am using mostly mechanical mods and Provaris and have way too many mods and tanks. Also almost 100% DIY for juice.
that's fantastic!! Took me about 3 years before I finally started DIY and went to mechs (Reos only)

what the heck is that?? lol

If anyone here has a Lemo I figured out a good trick.

I mentioned recently I had a problem with the Lemo not firing on a Provari because the negative ring was touching the positive pin on the Provari. I tried putting an o-ring on the screw, but it tended to slip or get pushed out. Last night I had the idea of dropping a small piece of o-ring into the screw hole in the dome shaped piece that the positive pin screws into. Experimented with different sized pieces until I got the pin to stick out about 1/8 from the negative ring. It's more stable than using an o-ring since the piece has nowhere to go. It also gives a small amount of sponginess to the connection so you can turn the tank on a fraction more after the pins make contact, which seems to lock it in place.
kewl!

Actually, the not removeable tank kills it for me, so I won't have to engage in protest action :)
same here, couldn't deal with that

Oh Oh! The SX Mini ML Class coming out in a Special Edition; CAMO!
Urban and Desert!
Say it isn't so!? And just when I said I was done:shock::blink::rolleyes::vapor:

Just so happen that my Vapor Shark DNA 30 took a dump recently after a few years of faithful service
kismet!

awesome! That's really neat

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Oh Oh! The SX Mini ML Class coming out in a Special Edition; CAMO!
Urban and Desert!
Say it isn't so!? And just when I said I was done:shock::blink::rolleyes::vapor:

Just so happen that my Vapor Shark DNA 30 took a dump recently after a few years of faithful service
Hey how about the the SXmini G+ only $300.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
They have special latte machines that can do many programmed pics - conversation piece until you stir it...
You truly learn something new every day.

I guess I am sheltered as I tend to get coffee at McDonalds or Starbucks. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread