Older Folks and Vaping Front Porch - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolivar

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2014
Surrounded by cows and wheat
Bolivar. Spooling clockwise from a reel that line comes off clockwise-I ended up with lots of twisting knots. It took me two hours to figure it out. Sorry, Every thing is so simple yet not. What I saw was that I'm spooling along for quite some time, then realize I'm getting twisted line because the pole spool is not moving with the winding. So, here I am thinking wow that's a lot of spool because my reel isn't full yet. Well it was not full or even had any line on it. So basically all I was doing was twisting the line. And the line was moving thru my fingers because as I was winding the line was twisting and shortening. Well vaping and thinking finally got me a spool full of line. I need to go to one of those dock's nearby.

. Sometimes it gets overthink when simple will do. My wife says I am an expert at that.

Got my new wick juuuuust right this time. vape heaven!

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Yeah the camera roll thing is good too but on Google Photos it backs them up to the cloud which doesn't use any space on your phone and if you use standard definition all the space is free if you use HD then you get 9.3 GB free and have to purchase more. SD works good for me.

Bolivar

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2014
Surrounded by cows and wheat
I will most likely be testing the new pole tomorrow alone. The hubs does not seem interested. I'll just go and mention the nice looking guys there fishing, and maybe that will get him interested.

Tell him about "that woman" who should have been arrested for the swimming suit she was wearing.

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
The loops on the bulk spool the line is on have to go the same direction as the reel winds the line on, or you will have tangles. If that's happening, just turn the line spool over- it flips the loops when you do that.

Vaping related- I got the wick in my kayfun a little sparse. Tastes somewhat burnt, but I'm gonna finish the tank before I rewick. Bleaaah!!
And this is why I love my Kayfun v4s. I can change the wick, and even install a new coil without losing any eliquid. :)

garyoa1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
And this is why I love my Kayfun v4s. I can change the wick, and even install a new coil without losing any eliquid. :)
But wut kinda book do you use?

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
When Sloth went back to work his posts got slower & less frequent, then stopped. It's like he faded away. I wonder if he stopped vaping because of the job & new laws there. Wasn't he in Washington or Oregon?

Get well, Tutu! We don't need a sick Flamingo in a crooked tutu, with a runny nose staggering around the Porch!

@PapaSloth was very passionate and into his teaching job. I hope he was able to get tenure, he never let us know. If we've lost him for good, it was to a great cause. He was enthusiastic about his teaching, especially to his more underprivileged students. He displayed his patience and willingness to go the extra mile(s) to help us understand vaping mechanics, that should be an insight into the difference he is making to his students. If he's still at it, I can only imagine the difference he is making in his students' lives.

Doubt he gave up vaping, he liked to make a difference on campus about that too. Saving lives and making a difference with young people, not bad. :thumb:

Has anyone heard from @Wolfenstark? Last I heard he had himself a girl, then poof, he was gone. :cry:

The Flamingo was sicker than she thought with an infection according to the Dr. Now on antibiotics, which seem to be working rapidly, and on the mend but still woozy and dizzy. I admit it, the Flamingo passed out on the floor is me, for the time being. :(

2legs ... I never bothered checking them. Didn't want to take the time/hassle trying to remove the stickers without damaging the scratch area.

Still debating myself on going to the Philly show tomorrow night. The theater's in a section of Philly I wouldn't feel comfortable walking around in the day light yet alone at night.

So Mikey, did ya go? Did you like it? Spill the beans, man.

I have a friend that is in the process of hyperbaric chamber sessions to keep from loosing her foot from a scorpion sting. She is currently on a diet of pain pills and Jim, Jack, & Johnny.

That's tragic. I really hope it turns out okay for her. I'd like to be on her diet right now but not for that reason. Really it all turns out well for her.

What does the hyperbolic chamber do for someone in that situation? Apologies for asking for asking but I'm completely clueless.

Went to the stable yesterday. The barn has a big alleyway in the middle and a few of us were chatting and this snake goes by. "Oh look a snake". "what kind is it?" "I don't know but we should put it outside". "Go get Charlie, he'll know what type it is". "At least it's not poisonous".

Got to love horse people. No one runs to stand on a chair.

Yes, most horse people do get it. :)

ewww! Rubber bait. I like fur and feathers oops ... wrong porch. I like vaping while out fishing.

kustich_550.jpg

You tie your own, correct? While vaping of course.

I can't find a Davide on sale.

@seminolewind, they are in the clearance section Clearance, specifically here Davide BDC Glassomizer. $5.00 each, can't beat it. :)

FWIW...
Quack's juice factory...
20% off anything.
Coupon code is SPOOKY20 and will be available from today 10-25-16 to 11-1-16.

Thanks! That reminds me, the Halloween sales are starting to roll in here ECF Suppliers *Halloween* Sales 2016

Last edited:

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Got a fishing pole. Got a reel. It took hours of vaping to figure out that is was not me and the reel is defective. It won't engage. So I send it back and get a new one. This one is great. I spend some time reeling line onto it. But end up with all these tangles. More vaping to figure that one out. I have to respool it. I'm still waiting for my rubber bait. So I'll be spending my day respooling. And vaping. Can't think without vaping.

A whole day re spooling ? NO WAY !!!!

If it's a good quality spinning reel switch to braided line , you will never go back . You can use a mono leader at the end like most people do .

Braid is very thin , it never tangles while spooling and the sensitivity will blow you away since it has 3-6% stretch , mono line averages 20 -30% stretch.

What that translates to is feeling every little vibration at the end of your line , the difference is life transforming lol.

It also casts much further and is much much stronger than mono .

I am rambling , i thought i was on fishing forum again , my mistake . I have been a die hard surf fisherman my entire life , i get carried away .

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Welcome to the porch Dinger ... hope you like it and join us.

Hiya Mike! I've flitted about here for quite some time - mostly reading and garnering wisdom :) I was calling over another one of my peeps to join us :)

I just enjoy the "peacefullness" of this thread....

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Hiya Mike! I've flitted about here for quite some time - mostly reading and garnering wisdom :) I was calling over another one of my peeps to join us :)

I just enjoy the "peacefullness" of this thread....

The more the merrier ... I've seen you and Lynn in other threads just couldn't recall if you'd been here before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread