Status
Not open for further replies.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Jup. If you hit the right flaver... no suffering required! Thatz how I got lucky. And I was using almost 3 cartons a week. And still... instant quit even tho I had no desire to kwit.

Three cartons a week? :w00t:

tumblr_nwv8tchkjk1sbqns4o1_500.gif

I hit the right flavor out of pure luck, missed on the mg out of pure ignorance. :(

Sometimes lurker just weighing in here on what it took to quit smoking.((42 year smoker-2 pack a day)
I bought a cheap kit, low battery life, no vv and some cheap juice. Got me through a few things (funeral, visit with dad) but I was always anxious to go smoke. Heard others were doing it but that I needed to upgrade to VV and something with TH. That did it. More battery life, a little higher voltage and Kiwi Strawberry that gave me some TH. Now I could take this thing seriously. From there I made a deal with myself that I could either buy some more juice or some cigarettes but one or the other. (mind you I was buying 5-6 cartons at a time and would get nervous if I got down to one carton) Started ordering juice from the internet, reading ECF and kept at it.
I would say the hardest part to get past was missing the TH. Once I got past that (maybe 6 months) it was easy peasy all the way.
Things that helped: Cinnamon juice, strong tobacco's (Mountain Oak Vapors) and RY4's, menthols and anise

Chanel, welcome to the porch! :thumb: Congratulations on quitting the stinkies! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

I missed the TH too. Eventually got over myself. Reading ECF and learning from it is what cemented my success, wouldn't have made it otherwise. I smoked 43 years, about 45 cigs a day at the end. Man am I thrilled to be rid of that ball-and-chain.

Hi folks!

Crikey! Sorry I've not been around for awhile. Werk iz keepin me bizzy. Just wanted to pop in and wish a "belated" Happy New Year (can't even remember if I've been in this thread since then :blink: )

Hey Dinger, I've seen you two-timing us around ECF. :sneaky: Not much, but don't worry, I won't tell anyone else. :) Glad you are doing well, hang in there, it's almost over.

First ophph, welcome to da phinest porch(es) in da cyber world. Pull up a sit down, kick back, hold on to your plastic and heart!

Lastly, your phav phlavs choices day-um near made me give up on vapin'', way back when; diphph strokes pher diphph pholk!

NTL, so glad to have ya aboard...
thumbsup.gif

Re Chanel (flashback trigger), got a lil' true tale to tattle...

Post my 'Nam 'tour', I knew I desired that Patty be my bride... even after three 'Dear Johnnys' ('nother story). Little did I realize that sending her a small Christmas package of Chanel #5 would be anticipated as an engagement ring prior to unwrapping! She still claims I did that on purpose, which I hadn't. But it sure worked out alright!

Regardless, here we are in 2017 anticipating our 48th anniversary in mid-May; in part thanx to Chanel!

Ifstah, awesome story! :wub: Been missing you. Please remind us when the date gets near, I'm sure all of us would love to pay you tribute with all sincerity and love.

True unless you vape NETs. I don't know how you all feel about vaping naturally extracted tobaccos. They're in my daily rotation and for the most part shake and vape unless I add other flavors to create RY4s, 555's etc.

Aren't NETs getting hard to come by or did I read "false news?" I don't keep up on it but I know NETs are invaluable to some vapers, it would be nice to know they are still well supplied.

ProVari 2.5 users - The colored end caps are now a buck apiece, five cents less than replacement springs. Get them while they're hot!

Since I'll never be able to get a purple ProVari with a green LED for Mardi Gras, I ordered a couple of purple end caps to put on my green mods. :D ProVari Extension End Caps & Beauty Rings

Last edited:

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Aren't NETs getting hard to come by or did I read "false news?" I don't keep up on it but I know NETs are invaluable to some vapers, it would be nice to know they are still well supplied.
Not sure about the availability of commercialized nets. I diy my own, mostly organically grown tobaccos and some non-aromatic pipe tobaccos.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Dont know if anyone is interested in this but Provape is now selling a
Provari programmer. They have this to say: "Please note that due to FDA regulations, we don't see releasing any new software updates, but if you have a collection of devices that you want to update, this is a great tool to have for the one time update."

ProVari Programmer

garyoa1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Gary, I'm so glad you quit. The idiots at the FDA should hear you story before they make their stupid decisions.
Tanks, but for me... meh. Just stumbled across something I like better. Cigs never bothered me (at least, to my knowledge!) but I attribute that to metabolism. In fact, feel worse since I started vaping. But I attribute that to olde', knot vaping! :) Taste, smell, stamina... no change for me.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Hi everyone! "Likes" all around :wub:

The mixologist.
I have a few flavs I mix that I like. Problem is you kin go nutz trying to figger out how much of what. Even with a single flavor mix. Some flavs you need just a few %, some 20% or even more.
So if it sux does that mean you need more flavor? Or less? Does it need to steep? Or not?
Royal PITA.

Start low, Gary. It's easier to add flavor than to take it away. Too much flavor can kill a mix. There are some threads for different flavorings for various manufacturers. Some mfg's flavors can work o.k. by themselves. TFA (which is what I mostly use) needs "helpers" from other flavorings. Bill's Magic Vapor has some excellent shake and vape recipes based on predominately TFA flavors. I've found CAP flavors that I could use by themselves, and I do sub them at equal percentages for their TFA equivalents. Flavorah (I think) is a more concentrated flavoring - don't need to use quite as much. I have a couple of Flavour Art flavorings, but I stick mostly with CAP and TFA. My mixes (based on so many of Bill's recipes) are easily a total of 20-30% flavoring. However, you may like them weaker or stronger. Find a recipe for something that sounds good and make it. Try to work with no more than 5 flavors. That will give you an idea how things combine.

Others will take a single flavor and start with a 5% mix. Check it and then add more flavoring a bit at a time. I don't have the patience (or time) for that.

Hey Dinger, I've seen you two-timing us around ECF. :sneaky: Not much, but don't worry, I won't tell anyone else. :) Glad you are doing well, hang in there, it's almost over.

:blush: Busted :( I'm coming up for air - I'll be around HERE a bit more often ;)

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Hi Clnire! Thanks for the welcome!

Hi Cig!! Great to see you too.

Glad to have found some friends in here and thank all for the welcome

Hi Channelvaps and welcome to the porch. Haven't been on ECF for a couple days and it's nice to see new people joining the group.

Jup. Knot a typo. If I wuz ever seen in da wild widout a smoke, first kwestion wuz... you ok?

Well, you had me beat ... I was at least 2 cartons a week but I had to ration myself or I probably would have been closer to 3.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Let's see if I can get this right. Fasttech is having one heck of a sale, for them, coming up. 20% off. The multiple item purchases never did give you a discount but were pretty good discounts by themselves. 3mg mentioned that and it turns out there is a workaround. :D So, go to this post The FastTech Thread for All FastTech Posts (Part 2) for the discount, then drop down two posts for 3mg's post and the next down for the "fix." Thank you so much @corn flakes and @3mg Meniere. :wub:

Not sure about the availability of commercialized nets. I diy my own, mostly organically grown tobaccos and some non-aromatic pipe tobaccos.

Good for you! Our NET/WTA guru left ECF and haven't heard much about them latly. I know they helped a lot of people and might have made my transition easier if I'd known about them and tried them. Sad situation.

Jup. Knot a typo. If I wuz ever seen in da wild widout a smoke, first kwestion wuz... you ok?

Holy cow, don't know how you did it. I thought I smoked a lot. I actually let a lot of them smolder in the ashtray yet still managed to smoke a lot.

Tanks, but for me... meh. Just stumbled across something I like better. Cigs never bothered me (at least, to my knowledge!) but I attribute that to metabolism. In fact, feel worse since I started vaping. But I attribute that to olde', knot vaping! :) Taste, smell, stamina... no change for me.

That is bizarre. I seemed to fall somewhere behind the curve in "recovering" but the changes were pretty dramatic nonetheless.

:blush: Busted :( I'm coming up for air - I'll be around HERE a bit more often ;)

:D

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Good for you! Our NET/WTA guru left ECF and haven't heard much about them latly. I know they helped a lot of people and might have made my transition easier if I'd known about them and tried them. Sad situation.

I have helped a few peeps with making their own NETs but I'm certainly not a NETs guru by any stretch of the imagination. I just happily cook up my backers and enjoy the flavors that only real tobacco can produce.
@clnire, @chanelvaps and @Mazinny were instrumental in getting me started with NETs a few years back and since then NETs have always been in my daily rotation.
Anyway, NETs are easy to produce and can be more cost effective than buying flavorings long term. With a $25 crock pot, $12 french coffee press, $10 worth of poly filter medium and a $5 candy thermometer anyone can be off and running making terrific tasting tobacco ejuices.
After the initial investment in cooking and filtering supplies each 100ml bottle of NET ejuice costs me around $2.50. That includes the cost of the tobacco, pg, vg and nic. As much as I vape (20-25ml/day) my initial cost was recovered very quickly.
It has been a while since I've posted instructions for NETs but I'll bet I can dig up something for those who are interested.

Last edited:

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
@cigatron @clnire I was only able to pass on the knowledge I gained from Clnire. Cig I am still using my awesome tool. If not for you I would have never caught on to vaping at higher watts.(Funny how you just feel you can PM someone because you feel foolish asking questions out loud)

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Good Morning!

Semi-short night last night {yawn} Big Dumb Dog woke me up around 1:00 because of the thunderstorm that rolled through. Was about 2:30 before she was calmed enough that I could go back upstairs and go to bed. :blink: But whilst in the vape cave, wound up a delightful 1.2ohm coil on the O16 Tiny Tank and rocking it out on a Provari :D The AMAZING thing was I was able to do so WITHOUT my glasses :shock: It was blurry, to say the least, but all good.

Found a couple of recipes I'm going to try on my next round of mixing, too..... So, despite lack of sleep, it was productive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread