MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
That is nice.
When I was growing up, one of our neighbors was a pipe smokers. My dad told a story about him and his wife. When they got married, his wife didn't like the way his pipes smelled. So she decided she would surprise him and washed all of them in the kitchen sink. Needless to say, he was very surprised!

My Dad was an over-the-road trucker. When I started to drive his first advice to me was to never follow a pipe smoking driver. He said they pay more attention to their pipe than their driving. :D

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
That is nice.
When I was growing up, one of our neighbors was a pipe smokers. My dad told a story about him and his wife. When they got married, his wife didn't like the way his pipes smelled. So she decided she would surprise him and washed all of them in the kitchen sink. Needless to say, he was very surprised!
The same reaction when I washed & scrubbed my grandparents coffee pot. They never washed it, just rinsed & wiped out. It was well seasoned & made great coffee until I came along & did as my mother taught me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Belhade

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
New York (no, not the city)
The same reaction when I washed & scrubbed my grandparents coffee pot. They never washed it, just rinsed & wiped out. It was well seasoned & made great coffee until I came along & did as my mother taught me.

Ugh, I just had to scrub out my coffee pot and run vinegar through the system a few times, it was taking forever to brew and coming out muddy.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Ugh, I just had to scrub out my coffee pot and run vinegar through the system a few times, it was taking forever to brew and coming out muddy.
Drippers & pod coffee makers need that occasionally. This was 47 years ago with a percolator. I take my Kuerig apart & clean the part where the pod sits every week. It gets a descaling treatment everytime I change the filter.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
I've seen a few vapers that fit that description...

As in

Don't drip and drive!

Janet and I were stuck in traffic a few weeks back. It was night time and the car, 2 cars ahead of surely had a cloud blowing dripper in it. Every 30 seconds or so, in the glare of head lights you could see a cloud befitting a steam driven locomotive clearing it's stack. I wondered what the car directly behind 'it' thought was going on. Seriously it was probably the biggest cloud of vapor I've ever seen including what I've see the 'chasers' doing on youtube.

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
Janet and I were stuck in traffic a few weeks back. It was night time and the car, 2 cars ahead of surely had a cloud blowing dripper in it. Every 30 seconds or so, in the glare of head lights you could see a cloud befitting a steam driven locomotive clearing it's stack. I wondered what the car directly behind 'it' thought was going on. Seriously it was probably the biggest cloud of vapor I've ever seen including what I've see the 'chasers' doing on youtube.

I upgraded from a single battery 15W max mod to a dual battery 100W box mod years ago. The first time I was out driving with it, driving home from work, I absentmindedly blew a giant cloud straight in front of me...covering my entire windshield on the freeway. Stupid, stupid move. I just about needed a change of underwear but luckily I had the windows down and it cleared pretty quickly. Learned my lesson.

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium

My dad had a coffee cup at work that he never washed. He figured the stains made the coffee stronger. One day a new guy washed his coffee cup out and, coincidentally, was let go within a week. So my dad started the rumor that he'd had the guy fired for cleaning his coffee cup. It was never touched again.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    My dad had a coffee cup at work that he never washed. He figured the stains made the coffee stronger. One day a new guy washed his coffee cup out and, coincidentally, was let go within a week. So my dad started the rumor that he'd had the guy fired for cleaning his coffee cup. It was never touched again.

It's kinda like a cast iron pot. If you clean it ... you will regret it.

BTW, slow cooked Yankee pot roast cooked in the cast iron pot for dinner tonight. mum-mum-mum

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 2, 2013
    BC Canada
    I like to keep the positive pins in my hitters and attys clean and shined. For all the years now I've been cutting little rectangles of 320 sandpaper then some folding, with small flat tip pliers shine the pin in a hitter. Its a bit of a hassle but gets the job more-or-less done. Cleaning up my workshop of clutter I came across a roll of thin 2 sided tape I used to hold the plastic sheet you heat shrank for windows in the winter(long since replaced the windows). I have a single hole punch so put the tape on a piece of sandpaper then punched a hole out, removed the backing then used a hex(first flat bottom thing I found) out of one of those multi piece driver sets for removing small odd screws like in mods. Stuck the circle onto the hex and OMG worked dandy to shine the positive pin. Lot less hassle than before and does a good job.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 23, 2011
    Skippack, PA
    I like to keep the positive pins in my hitters and attys clean and shined. For all the years now I've been cutting little rectangles of 320 sandpaper then some folding, with small flat tip pliers shine the pin in a hitter. Its a bit of a hassle but gets the job more-or-less done. Cleaning up my workshop of clutter I came across a roll of thin 2 sided tape I used to hold the plastic sheet you heat shrank for windows in the winter(long since replaced the windows). I have a single hole punch so put the tape on a piece of sandpaper then punched a hole out, removed the backing then used a hex(first flat bottom thing I found) out of one of those multi piece driver sets for removing small odd screws like in mods. Stuck the circle onto the hex and OMG worked dandy to shine the positive pin. Lot less hassle than before and does a good job.

At re-wicking time ... about every 10-12 days ... I use this tool to clean and shine my 510 pins. It works well. I learned the trick years ago when the computer engineers/repairmen would pull a circuit card from the mainframe and clean all the gold contacts with their pencil then re-insert the card.

number-2-pencils.jpg

Belhade

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 15, 2010
    New York (no, not the city)
    It's kinda like a cast iron pot. If you clean it ... you will regret it.

BTW, slow cooked Yankee pot roast cooked in the cast iron pot for dinner tonight. mum-mum-mum
    I wash my cast iron. Not all the time, usually with just hot water and a scrubber but sometimes with Dawn. It's the old-fashioned lye soap that ruins the seasoning.

Kenna

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 14, 2014
    Texas, USA
    Lol! My Grandfather just laughed & explained it to me! He loved me & would never fire me!

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

Kenna

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 14, 2014
    Texas, USA
    I wash my cast iron. Not all the time, usually with just hot water and a scrubber but sometimes with Dawn. It's the old-fashioned lye soap that ruins the seasoning.
    I wash mine occasionally once it's well seasoned. Then dry it in the oven & grease it a bit while it's still very hot. No rust & it's all in great condition.

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    I wash mine occasionally once it's well seasoned. Then dry it in the oven & grease it a bit while it's still very hot. No rust & it's all in great condition.

yeah I smear cooking oil on my cast iron

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah

Mine was a wedding gift 52 years ago, and has never been washed. I just get it 'semi' hot & scrub it down with a rag soaked in olive oil.

(it was made BEFORE "seasoned" meant a thick coat of paint)

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Mine was a wedding gift 52 years ago, and has never been washed. I just get it 'semi' hot & scrub it down with a rag soaked in olive oil.

(it was made BEFORE "seasoned" meant a thick coat of paint)

Yep olive oil is great for cast iron....... Wow 52 years..... Congrats, that was a while back lol

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread