Older Folks and Vaping Front Porch - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
I'm also findin that I like vaping it with my middle finger or index. If I do get fingerprints on the screen they are not noticeable unless you hold it just right in the light. Seems like a really good grade glass on the screen and wipes clean so easy with one of those cloths. The Kevlar in Blue actually looks black unless you are in bright light. Then is sort of a purple with the blue mixed with the black seems like a really good finish. I see no need for a cover on it. Very durable.

Last edited:

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
@bigbells When you get it see what FW it has, I take it you know how to do that so if you have 5.5 the upgrade is a 2 step process if you have 6.6 it's a 1 step process. 6.7 fixes a few bugs and things that people didn't like. Plus the newest SXi software which is available on YiHi or Daniels website. I used YiHi's it is 2.3.8.1. Plus I like being aable to use the powerful mode and the screen goes off after you fire to whatever you have it set by. I times my ML's and M's they stay on a full minute after you puff. I have my G set to 10sec.

Last edited:

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
The BT I guess is a nice feature but I don't use it. Can't really see any point of it. Everything is setable on the mod itself. If you use the BT you have to set your stand by time up to like 3 min to have time to do anything. I really like the original screen with the circle it gives you all the info that is available on the mod. And I mean everything and it is dynamically displays so you can see just what it is doing as far as settings, temp, batteries,applied v. And mode and it changes color with the different preheat modes or SXi-Q settings which I also don't use.

Last edited:

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Whether it is rebuilding, swapping coils or changing - How often do you do it? Do you wait for the flavor to change or do you do it on a let's say scheduled basis?

I just automatically do it every 3 - 5 days. How about you?

I re-wick about every 10-12 days and that's mainly using two different toppers for that time period. I re-coil every few month's when the coil starts looking shabby after a dry burn/cleaning. This if for Kanthal coils. I don't have enough run-time on SS coils to comment about them.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Ok ... who else got their $20 Kanger K1's. Holy cow are they heavy. They seem well built and I like the looks of them ... but geez, what are they made of to be so heavy. And kind of unique they way the designed the batt cap to be adjustable for slight variations in batt length. It also avoids using a spring which can sometimes be the weak link in good connectivity.

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
Ok ... who else got their $20 Kanger K1's. Holy cow are they heavy. They seem well built and I like the looks of them ... but geez, what are they made of to be so heavy. And kind of unique they way the designed the batt cap to be adjustable for slight variations in batt length. It also avoids using a spring which can sometimes be the weak link in good connectivity.
I agree, they are heavy. But with the rounded backside they still feel comfortable in the hand. If it was a 4 sharp sided box I would not have bothered, I do not like the real boxy mods. Just don't feel comfortable in my hand.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Whether it is rebuilding, swapping coils or changing - How often do you do it? Do you wait for the flavor to change or do you do it on a let's say scheduled basis?

I rewick when flavor changes, or fades. When rewicking doesn't help then I recoil. Regradless, I recoil about monthly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
I agree, they are heavy. But with the rounded backside they still feel comfortable in the hand. If it was a 4 sharp sided box I would not have bothered, I do not like the real boxy mods. Just don't feel comfortable in my hand.

Yep, I agree ... even though it's heavy ... a couple ounces more than a Radius ... it's still comfortable in my hand. I've been using it for a few hours now and I'm getting to like it ... except for the occasional button 'stick' that 2legs mentioned. For $20 I guess I'll put up w/ it and not try for a replacement. Maybe it will 'wear in' and go away.

I read somewhere on ECF that someone put a bit of silicone 'in there' and the button 'stick' was cured. I don't recall what kind (spray/liquid drop?) silicone or how it was applied.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
They are the same as the SX's I think SS. They are just as heavy. the SX has an anodized aluminum frame and SS body

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX

I don't like messing with coils. So, I only do it when I have to, when the flavor gets yucky.
I have been admiring the flowers of my squash plants so much. They are 6.5 inches across! So, what does this have to do with vaping? Please forgive me, people, but I just used glycerin to try to preserve some. I hope it is not wasted in this effort. It was only half a cup of glycerin to a cup of water.
You spray them with glycerin water?

Either way, 6.5 inches sounds impressive!

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
I don't like messing with coils. So, I only do it when I have to, when the flavor gets yucky.

You spray them with glycerin water?

Either way, 6.5 inches sounds impressive!
Was wasted glycerin. No, some flowers you can put the ends of the stems in glycerin water for a day or so, and the glycerin replaces the water, and they are preserved, like dried, except the petals remain soft, rather than getting brittle. Evidently it works better with woody-stem flowers, not hollow-stem ones.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Was wasted glycerin. No, some flowers you can put the ends of the stems in glycerin water for a day or so, and the glycerin replaces the water, and they are preserved, like dried, except the petals remain soft, rather than getting brittle. Evidently it works better with woody-stem flowers, not hollow-stem ones.
Sorry it didn't work out. :(

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
I don't have a button stick problem on either of mine. Guess I got lucky!

Went looking for 'that post'. Here's what he said about the sticky K1 button.

"I sprayed some silicone lube on a piece of plastic and used a dental pick to get it in around the fire button. No more sticking. Worst case, I'll take it apart and do a little wile work."

@2legsshrt ... did your sticky button 'break in' or does it still stick occasionally.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Went looking for 'that post'. Here's what he said about the sticky K1 button.

"I sprayed some silicone lube on a piece of plastic and used a dental pick to get it in around the fire button. No more sticking. Worst case, I'll take it apart and do a little wile work."

@2legsshrt ... did your sticky button 'break in' or does it still stick occasionally.
No it still sticks if I push it too hard. I notice it right away tho cause the temp protect light keeps coming on. Did you see some others that had that problem I take it?

Last edited:

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Ok ... who else got their $20 Kanger K1's.

Not yet...
nomail.gif

BTW, I let my t-buds determine when I need to make an adjustment/change re my toppers.

Attachments

• nomail.gif
    nomail.gif
    4.6 KB · Views: 18
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread