Not open for further replies.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Otay, just guide me to da sub buck nautilus heads...

Patience ... fastech has some cheap ones on the way.

images

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Otay, just guide me to da sub buck Nautilus heads...
I just ordered a couple of 40w iSticks from FT. IIRC you like those. How are they holding up? One of my 50w's started autofiring & the other one doesn't always want to turn on without being tapped on the bottom. So I think it's time to replace them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
I just ordered a couple of 40w iSticks from FT. IIRC you like those. How are they holding up? One of my 50w's started autofiring & the other one doesn't always want to turn on without being tapped on the bottom. So I think it's time to replace them.

That is odd. All my nemmys still work fine.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
That is odd. All my nemmys still work fine.
So do all my Hex Ohms! [emoji1] I like the smaller iSticks for errand running. I can't carry much weight on my shoulder purse wise, so I use a really small crossbody. The Hexes make it too heavy, but the iSticks are just right.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Patience ...

images

Patience my flanks: not when sum dude is leatherin' my hind end as I try to 'guide' him to Paradise!

I just ordered a couple of 40w iSticks from FT. IIRC you like those

Kenna, like 'em? I LUV 'em!!! My fav non-replaceable batt PV EVER!!!
bounce.gif

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Patience my flanks: not when sum dude is leatherin' my hind end as I try to 'guide' him to Paradise!

Kenna, like 'em? I LUV 'em!!! My fav non-replaceable batt PV EVER!!! View attachment 680663
Then I'm glad I got 2!

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Hold up there! You are ordering vape gear to replace gear that isn't working? You should be ordering backups for your backups backup. Or at least new shiny gear. Only ordering what you need. Girl, who taught you how to order vape gear. You will give the rest of us old folks a bad name. I've heard the iSticks are really good. I may look into them for a later purchase.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
So do all my Hex Ohms! [emoji1] I like the smaller iSticks for errand running. I can't carry much weight on my shoulder purse wise, so I use a really small crossbody. The Hexes make it too heavy, but the iSticks are just right.

Kindle and nemmy are just about too much, but lengthening the strap for crossbody works. I have considered an iStick, but cartotanks weigh less than kayfuns. I might buy some 18350's to keep one in short mode with cartotank. Or-- if I find something else--- but right now, no spending for what I can make do without.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Hold up there! You are ordering vape gear to replace gear that isn't working? You should be ordering backups for your backups backup. Or at least new shiny gear. Only ordering what you need. Girl, who taught you how to order vape gear. You will give the rest of us old folks a bad name. I've heard the iSticks are really good. I may look into them for a later purchase.
Lol! I have backups upon backups!
5 Hex Ohms (in rotation)
2 iStick 30w ( in rotation)
1iStick 50w (acting weird)
2 Pico 25w (stashed)
1 Hana Modz DNA 30w
1 Hana Modz DNA 40
1 Reo Grande (for new juices)

These new iSticks are replacing the 50w's that are malfunctioning & therefore going away as soon as I figure out where to dispose of them.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Kindle and nemmy are just about too much, but lengthening the strap for crossbody works. I have considered an iStick, but cartotanks weigh less than kayfuns. I might buy some 18350's to keep one in short mode with cartotank. Or-- if I find something else--- but right now, no spending for what I can make do without.
You can use a cartotank on an iStick.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I had a couple of Isticks, a 30 and a 40, that someone gave me. To me the 40 was the ideal shape and size for a mod.

The 30 died and the 40 is on the way out. They both had the same problem, the 510 connection got loose. They are made of aluminum. The 40 still works because I put an adapter on it and never take it off. The 30 got so loose that the adapter couldn't get any grip at all.

If I got another one I would use an adapter from new, and only take it off for cleaning.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Saw it months ago. Key words are "high temps".

So 550 is ok then right? LOL I normally vape between 410 and 420 depending on my mood. I am finding these Russian flavors cause me to have a sore throat by the en of the day. I am going to order some from Adore and some of the premix fron ECX to try. I am vaping my Goose Juice today and see if it does the same thing as the Russian.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
I've been 'keeping an ear' to that thread since it started. Mike Petro is a fine guy and knows what he's doing, IMO. He's on to something ... and always admits he is not trying to say vaping isn't way, way better than smoking. He's just trying to see if it can be safer.

Seems the original study, that kicked off the thread, determined that bad stuff happens to VG at temps exceeding 450 F. The test was done in some kind of chamber not at all like vaping. Mike's testing (all donated time and quite some expense) has shown that it's easy for coils to hit that temperature even at low volts / watt settings depending on the atty being used. Many of the tootle puffer set ups reach those temps.

The outstanding question that can't be answered from his testing is ... how much bad stuff is being produced just because the coil reached that 'critical' temp. Did the VG also reach it?

Mike has pretty much proven coils can easily reach 450F and beyond even at low 'settings'. He also admits he doesn't know what that means in terms of 'bad stuff' being released into the vapor we're inhaling. He has no way to test/measure that. His approach is if you want to be safe and not be concerned about the reports findings keep you coil at or below 450F.
Jeez so I've been doing it right for all this time and everyone thought I was crazy, well I am but I have always just used enough power to hit temp in1or 2 sec. On my YiHi's I use 15 to 20 joules to hit 410. Actually 15 seems to be sufficient and I use them on soft mode most of the time which means that it starts at 10% lower then the set joules. Works well for me with SS at .45ohms. Takes just over 1 sec to hit temp.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA

Ginnys hold up pretty well. She had one that in a year it starts not firing sometimes so I just gave her a new one and she uses that to vape something else she enjoys at dinner time. (not mentionable in ECF) Get with the program ECF it's legal here and hopefully everywhere soon. We have enough people locked up for having it which is a waste of money.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I had a couple of Isticks, a 30 and a 40, that someone gave me. To me the 40 was the ideal shape and size for a mod.

The 30 died and the 40 is on the way out. They both had the same problem, the 510 connection got loose. They are made of aluminum. The 40 still works because I put an adapter on it and never take it off. The 30 got so loose that the adapter couldn't get any grip at all.

If I got another one I would use an adapter from new, and only take it off for cleaning.
I had a 20w that stripped it's threads before word got out that that was an issue with them. They all have adaptors now.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
So 550 is ok then right? LOL I normally vape between 410 and 420 depending on my mood. I am finding these Russian flavors cause me to have a sore throat by the en of the day. I am going to order some from Adore and some of the premix fron ECX to try. I am vaping my Goose Juice today and see if it does the same thing as the Russian.
I am loving this Cream Charlotte.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread