Status
Not open for further replies.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
I was house-cleaning, stuck a yard-stick under the sofa, just to see what I could find. Lo, and behold, I found the rice-pin from my nemesis!! :D Re-installed it, but kept the one I had fabricated from a screw, just in case the little thing tries to run away again. :eek:

umanbean

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2009
Georgia, USA
Yes indeedy! (Actually I'm a Linux fan but I keep it quiet otherwise people think I'm a geeky nerd. I am a geeky nerd but I don't want people thinking it.)

Linux fan!... well, you get an extra hardy welcome from me then. IFAIK, there are very few here besides me.

Amazing to me how many OS's derived from Unix.... Apple OS, iOS, Linux --which would be a main root, then from that comes the distros and Android and it's many branches, et al.

I use Windows a lot, because my job is working on computers for others, and we all know how pervasive MS is.

But I have several flavors of Linux I play with too, mostly on older refurbished boxes or in a Virtual PC on this laptop -- Mint, Puppy, Ubuntu... haven't messed around with Debian or openSuse yet. I ~think~ I may have an old copy of Fedora around here somewhere.

Anyway, hope you stay and hang with us. There are a surprising number of computer/electronics heads in this thread, and the Back Porch too.

ciao y'all

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I was house-cleaning, stuck a yard-stick under the sofa, just to see what I could find. Lo, and behold, I found the rice-pin from my nemesis!! :D Re-installed it, but kept the one I had fabricated from a screw, just in case the little thing tries to run away again. :eek:
Nice!!

kariM

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2012
Lethbridge, AB, CA
Welcome back! Yeah, once retired, it's hard to figure out how we had time to work :thumb:

While the evods are bit small in capacity for me, I have a lot of the rest (and similar in the Davide lineup) in my rotation as well as a mess of KFs and other rebuildables, and all of those get built to around 1.7/1.8 as well. As long as the topper delivers the experience you want, why not? Sturdy, reliable - heck, I even still use a couple of MT3 - with S bases, of course - that are over two years old and still going fine.

Unless, of course, you're looking to win a cloud competition, rather than "just" be an EX-smoker. :D

Yup I have a few MT3 with the S bases (I think - this is when the base and coil are separate right?) My Purple one - no matter what I do never works :( but I broke out a black one that I had not used and switched it to the replaceable base and it is working really well on my iStick 20 with a 2.3 ohm coil.

Previously the only topper that worked without getting too hot on the 20 was an EVOD II and I like the MT3 because it holds more and is not a dual coil so it goes thru way less juice - so I don't have to fill it as often. I guess based on what I have read - I too am a Tootle Puffer :vapor:

I keep reading about the nautilus and KFS and even though I keep seeing lots of folks really loving them - I just can't get interested enough to leave what I have that is working. I also kind of like sticking with only having to deal with one type of coil as well.

If I understood it right, 1st place winner gets their pick on which thing they want, then others as they are drawn get their pick of remaining. My top things are the $150.00 to wizard labs, The Reo grand of course, and the RTD vapor package, since I need to order some batts from them and have been wanting that charger, even tho I don't need it.

wb Kari.......mmmmm hawaii.....so wanna go there some time!

Deb, that is my understanding of the prizes. I haven't spent too much time going thru the list because I don't usually post enough so likely will not have too much of a chance - guess I might need to work on that :?:

Hawaii was beautiful and both my husband and I always wanted to go there. We picked the cruise because it allowed us to visit 4 of the islands. We really liked Maui and Kauai but also happy that we got a chance to spend time in Honolulu and sure would not have missed visiting Pearl Harbor. So hard to describe the emotions of visiting the memorial - I guess in a word - humbled

Only disappointment was we had booked a helicopter ride in Kauai and it was cancelled because of rain, so we rebooked for Hilo and same thing happened :( I guess this means we have to go back ;)

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
Anyway, hope you stay and hang with us. There are a surprising number of computer/electronics heads

I second the hanging around part and yes there are a few nerds in our group - not geeky ones, but nerds none the less... An old friend of mine was in the ground floor of Red Hat - played with it a lot in my day. I still have a computer out in the garage running it just for fun.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
If I understood it right, 1st place winner gets their pick on which thing they want, then others as they are drawn get their pick of remaining. My top things are the $150.00 to wizard labs, The Reo grand of course, and the RTD vapor package, since I need to order some batts from them and have been wanting that charger, even tho I don't need it.
Yeah-- however, if you want to choose high end, Greece has cornered that market. :p:hubba:

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I guess this means we have to go back ;)
works for me!! When you go back, pay no attention the duffel bag that is moving, that won't be me hiding in your luggage

Yeah-- however, if you want to choose high end, Greece has cornered that market. :p:hubba:
If you mean mods......I'm good. Honestly can't see me ever vaping anything other than a Reo again. As long as I can put coils on and wick, or get someone else to do it for me if I can't see or something

Puffaway

May 4, 2014
Dorset, UK
Linux fan!... well, you get an extra hardy welcome from me then.
Thank you kindly.
I use Windows a lot
Heavens! Would a bit of counselling help?
I second the hanging around part
Thank you!

I guess we mustn't stray off topic too far but I love the friendly world of OpenSource. It's always a shock to stray into the shark infested waters of MS, Apple and co. I run Fedora and Mint, neither of which is perfect but, for a guy who started out on punched paper tape, they're astoundingly good. I run my mobile on Cyanogenmod (Android without the Google bits) but I find it a nightmare to use. At the moment I'm trying to find a place to share my Linux/LibreOffice version of Scubabatdan's fabulous mixing spreadsheet.

Metal Storm

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2015
Mid TN USA
10%20years_zpsrfsogqfj.jpg~original

* of sobriety

Last edited:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Yes indeedy! (Actually I'm a Linux fan but I keep it quiet otherwise people think I'm a geeky nerd. I am a geeky nerd but I don't want people thinking it.)

Well, since the digital age has taken off with a vengeance, geeks are no longer persona non grata, but the heroes of the day :)

Yup I have a few MT3 with the S bases (I think - this is when the base and coil are separate right?) My Purple one - no matter what I do never works :( but I broke out a black one that I had not used and switched it to the replaceable base and it is working really well on my iStick 20 with a 2.3 ohm coil.

Previously the only topper that worked without getting too hot on the 20 was an EVOD II and I like the MT3 because it holds more and is not a dual coil so it goes thru way less juice - so I don't have to fill it as often. I guess based on what I have read - I too am a Tootle Puffer :vapor:

I keep reading about the Nautilus and KFS and even though I keep seeing lots of folks really loving them - I just can't get interested enough to leave what I have that is working. I also kind of like sticking with only having to deal with one type of coil as well.

Yep, the combined base and coil was the original, the S base is just a base. And while the concept is the same, the originals were a real bear to rebuild! (Although I have to add that, while my two MT3S still work fine, I find the T3S a LOT easier to track the liquid level! :w00t:)

All my clearos take either the T3 or PT type single bottom coils. Yep, having only one type (well, yeah, I have two... but the T3 heads will work in the others, while the PT types won't work in the T3...) keeps life simple.

With the KF types, you make the coils you want. Only thing you have to "stock" is kanthal and wick. No little insulator rings to wear out, get torn or lost... Of course, they do look a little... odd... sitting atop a 1300 Spinner!

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I'm 66 and started my new non smoking life 6 months ago. Started smoking at 14 because I thought it was cool. Now I am really cool-- I'm vaping lol
Welcome Brv!! You're in good company, lots of us were very long time smokers. Me, not long, I only smoked 36 years lol Grab a rocker......and a beverage and tell us bout yourself.

so happy I beat Iffy and finally got to use that rocker smiley :)

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
Fastest a Fasttech order ever got to me! Shipped May 21. Accepted May 22, preparing shipment May 23. I figured I had at least a week before signing up for email notifications from USPS. Checked on a whim on May 25, already in NY! Delivered today (well, waiting at the post office for my return home). Record time for my FT experience.

It is several Taifun bases, tanks/chimneys, a Kayfun and a Russian to play with :)

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Ya gotta say 10 years of what there, Metal. ;)
But he can get SO much more mileage from NOT saying!

I decided a while back that the Aspire Atlantis wasn't for me but I didn't totally hate it, and the idea of trying something else kept gnawing at me until I ordered a Kanger Subtank Mega. It should be here in a day or 3.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Record time for my FT experience.
kewl!!

Well........I'm not happy.......found out today that the Governor signed Tx SB 97 yesterday. I figured he would, but still not happy about it. It's still not as bad as other states, but really annoying to have to pay extra for age verification, and have to be home to sign for stuff, and hope the mailman actually rings the bell. Still not sure how they'll handle it with the 18, 19, and 20 yr olds for whom the PO does not offer that service. Also, if any company is found to have sold to minors (even online) for the next 2 years they have to submit records to the comptroller's office with name addy etc of everyone they sell to by the 10th day of each month!! None of the dang comptroller's business what I'm buyin!!!

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
I'm 66 and started my new non smoking life 6 months ago. Started smoking at 14 because I thought it was cool. Now I am really cool-- I'm vaping lol
I am 61 and switched to vaping 5 months ago after 35+ years of smoking. I have not done the math on the exact number of years I smoked 40 maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread