Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Just ordered some more CAP V1 flavorings. Getting harder to find the bad good stuff.
I just placed an order that included that from ecigexpress. Had a bigger order but they were out of some. Gonna try Bull City tomorrow. They haven't announced a sale, but their prices were low anyway.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Yes, find a cheep place, perhaps fastech, and order a bunch ahead of time so you don't need to worry about. The coils I use I was getting for something like $5.95 a pack and that was a good deal. Now getting them from FT at about $3.50 a box. And the FT ones are authentic. Worth the peice of mind to plan ahead, plus you save so have more money for new shiny. :D

Her FIL was also very sick last we heard (or I did) from her and hoping things have improved greatly. Slots is another I haven't seen in a while. Have to go root arount the DIY section.

For new people, Myrany was the one (to the best of my recollection) was the one that enlightened us all to the fact that FT actually ships overseas via sea turtle, and usually geriatric ones. They get blown off course due to the large packages, so on and so forth. Hence the booby on the sea turtle.

There are a large number of Canadians on ECF. Most of them don't seem to have trouble getting nic. Most of the problems seen to occur getting it over the boarder, but the seasoned ones seem to know how/where to get it in country. If one lives close to the border, that seems to be the preferred solution.

DH, thank you and please let us all know.
I've been seeing Slots on the DIY thread.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
I just placed an order that included that from ecigexpress. Had a bigger order but they were out of some. Gonna try Bull City tomorrow. They haven't announced a sale, but their prices were low anyway.
I had to go to Wizard labs to get some of it. Just got my last BCV flavors in the mail today.
some of the vendors are not even listing V1 CAP flavors any more.

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia
We've had similar laws regarding smoking in public places, gov't etc for years. Unfortunately, most cities have lumped vaping in with that... so legally it's not allowed within the space or within 20' of a door or window... but at least vape shops are still exempt. Not that they don't keep trying!

We did successfully beat back the opposition for the second year in a row, but...

Eternal vigilance is the price of freedom.
Yes most organisations don't like it when they have been outsmarted, so most just include something with what they were already not allowing.

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia
@bigbells Well bells how you liking the Ti. I have heard good things about that wire and I have heard that their speil on their wire is all hype. I know it is kinda expensive. I'm trying the Unkamen and it seems really good. The Crazy Wire is good too. They have slight differences but both have good flavor. I haven't tried cleaning the Unk yet and it has a rough finish from being acid washed. The Unk has a slightly lower resistance because it is a true 26awg the CW is about 27. Seems to me like more vapor from the Unk and it is a little stiffer but I like it. With shipping the price is about the same. You can get the Unkamen from Unkamensupplies.com for 9.95 for 35' plus $3 shipping. I would recommend either one so far. I also hear that Stealth Vapes is good and the stuff from 3fvapor. The Crazy Wire is way cheaper but where I get it the shipping is about $12. I'm sold on the Ti and the TC vaping I don't think I could go back to Kanthal. I have one that I am running on Kanthal and the flavor is not the same but I am going to try a different coil. The same as I use with other wires. 5 wraps 3mm spaced and see if it makes a diff. I love the flavor with Ti though, especially with the flavors I get from Russia via Germany.

Legs where did you find out how to get the resistance for titanium wire ?
What type of titanium and what resistance ?
When I look in the steam site and go for say 0.1Ω I'm getting 0-1 wrap.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
@bigbells Well bells how you liking the Ti. I have heard good things about that wire and I have heard that their speil on their wire is all hype. I know it is kinda expensive.
The minute I read the spiel I knew it was nothing but overblown claims and fluff. But I ordered from them in order to get a small quantity delivered quickly.

I have since ordered a larger quantity at a much lower price from a Chinese seller. I think the link to that place came from you, @2legsshrt

Current evaluation of my first titanium coil: it worked great for only a few days. The resistance did not change but the draw became thin. When I examined it, the coil was pretty dark looking but the cotton wick was still in great shape. Regardless of what kind of coil wire I'm using, I do not dry burn, I don't even pulse, I won't brush off a cruddy coil and I am not willing to even stick a coil in Everclear to clean it.* Paranoid perhaps but I'd just as soon build a new coil.

My current position is ALWAYS subject to change, but right now, I'm having better results with Kanthal single coils that I build myself using 26 or 27 gauge Kanthal for my Kanger Subtanks, using the RBA head and building from 0.5 to 1.0 ohms.

*I've got no problem with soaking a never-used coil in Everclear before using it for the first time. That includes the wick too.

Last edited:

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
My current position is ALWAYS subject to change, but right now, I'm having better results with Kanthal single coils that I build myself using 26 or 27 gauge Kanthal for my Kanger Subtanks, using the RBA head and building from 0.5 to 1.0 ohms.

Then.......I'm guessing you're not using the mod in TC mode ?

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
I've been seeing Slots on the DIY thread.
Thank you! Hadn't gotten over there yet. Good to hear. :)
Thanks for not forgetting me :wub:
I've been dropping in off and on, but not participating much.
Hubby has had heart problems for the last couple of months, and it has meant 3 different trips to surgery.
The hospital is over 150 miles away, so it means I have to stay in town each trip.
Thankfully, I think they finally got him fixed up as good as new.
He beat cancer (10 years ago), and now heart problems ... I keep asking him what he's going to try next :cry:
Just know I'm trying to keep up with ya all, and still hanging around.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Legs where did you find out how to get the resistance for titanium wire ?
What type of titanium and what resistance ?
When I look in the steam site and go for say 0.1Ω I'm getting 0-1 wrap.
Wolfy:
The best place to learn more about Ti wire is on the thead titanium wire vaping and safety. As far as resistance my coils run between .26 and .28. I use 5 wraps spaced 3mm and 26awg or .4mm. Some of the wire is an actual 26awg which is .405mm. Most of the stuff from UK and China are close but like the Crazy Wire is a little thinner causing the higher resistance. On that thread read the posts by The Bloke. He has some high class testing equipment and puts a ton of info on the different wire. I have found for me the 26awg works very well. All the wires are shiny except Unkamen which has an acid wash causing etching. You need to use an alcohol wipe with all of them because they all seem to have a little graphite one them. I have been using Crazy Wire from Vape Mesh but I also had some Unkamen which I am trying now and I really like it. It uses about twice the amount of juice but it really has a clean heavy vape to it. I haven't tried cleaning it yet so I don't know how it will compare to the Shiny Crazy Wire. Those are the only 2 that I have use. Like I say you go back throught the posts by The Bloke and he has a lot of info. People build coils from where I am at to .5ohms and some use dual coils getting the resistance a lot lower then what I use so you have a large area as far as resistance. Also they are all springy and stiff. You can hand wrap but doing it with a coiler gets you a tighter coil and then just stretch it to get your spacing. I really like the stuff better then nickel. Great vape and lasts me about 3 weeks then I can rewick it and clean the coil under hot water with a small brush and go another 3 weeks then I recoil.

Last edited:

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
The minute I read the spiel I knew it was nothing but overblown claims and fluff. But I ordered from them in order to get a small quantity delivered quickly.

I have since ordered a larger quantity at a much lower price from a Chinese seller. I think the link to that place came from you, @2legsshrt

Current evaluation of my first titanium coil: it worked great for only a few days. The resistance did not change but the draw became thin. When I examined it, the coil was pretty dark looking but the cotton wick was still in great shape. Regardless of what kind of coil wire I'm using, I do not dry burn, I don't even pulse, I won't brush off a cruddy coil and I am not willing to even stick a coil in Everclear to clean it.* Paranoid perhaps but I'd just as soon build a new coil.

*I've got no problem with soaking a never-used coil in Everclear before using it for the first time. That includes the wick too.
Ahh you must've got the stuff from 3fvape. The Bloke said it was the cleanest wire he has had and the springiness is inline with the others. Are you using a spaced coil or a contact. What temp are you using. I use 265F in nickel mode and I use a 5 wrap 3mm spaced 26awg coil. I get about 3 weeks then I rewick it and run it under hot water and use a small brush and comes pretty clean and run another 3 weeks. That's when I recoil. You are right not dry burning especially with Ti it can cause titanium dioxide. Your temp should be set at least 100 degrees below what you would run nickel at and I use just enough power to hit temp in 1-2 seconds. My coils run between .26 and .28. I am trying Unkamen and really like it but it really eats the juice puts out a lot of vapor and great flavor.

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Wolfy:
The best place to learn more about Ti wire is on the thead titanium wire vaping and safety. As far as resistance my coils run between .26 and .28. I use 5 wraps spaced 3mm and 26awg or .4mm. Some of the wire is an actual 26awg which is .405mm. Most of the stuff from UK and China are close but like the Crazy Wire is a little thinner causing the higher resistance. On that thread read the posts by The Bloke. He has some high class testing equipment and puts a ton of info on the different wire. I have found for me the 26awg works very well. All the wires are shiny except Unkamen which has an acid wash causing etching. You need to use an alcohol wipe with all of them because they all seem to have a little graphite one them. I have been using Crazy Wire from Vape Mesh but I also had some Unkamen which I am trying now and I really like it. It uses about twice the amount of juice but it really has a clean heavy vape to it. I haven't tried cleaning it yet so I don't know how it will compare to the Shiny Crazy Wire. Those are the only 2 that I have use. Like I say you go back throught the posts by The Bloke and he has a lot of info. People build coils from where I am at to .5ohms and some use dual coils getting the resistance a lot lower then what I use so you have a large area as far as resistance. Also they are all springy and stiff. You can hand wrap but doing it with a coiler gets you a tighter coil and then just stretch it to get your spacing. I really like the stuff better then nickel. Great vape and lasts me about 3 weeks then I can rewick it and clean the coil under hot water with a small brush and go another 3 weeks then I recoil.
Thanks, legs, this is great info. My reason for quoting was now only to thank you but to mark it for future use. I find it easier to find my own responses than someone else's.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Hubby has had heart problems for the last couple of months, and it has meant 3 different trips to surgery.
The hospital is over 150 miles away, so it means I have to stay in town each trip.
He beat cancer (10 years ago), and now heart problems ... I keep asking him what he's going to try next :cry:
Slots! Great to see you! :D Sorry to hear your husband was having troubles and glad to hear the repair shop was able to get him fixed up. Tell him to knock it off now. You're hospital if farther away, by far, than ours. Thank you for dropping in and giving us an update. :)

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Hey Slots! I saw you on the diy thread but didn't push as you'd said things were hectic. Glad to hear hubby's doing better!

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Then.......I'm guessing you're not using the mod in TC mode ?
With titanium, yes, I'm using it in TC mode. I have made no attempt to use Kanthal in TC mode. I suspect that the titanium coils work great until they get gunked up, and they seem to get gunked up more quickly than Kanthal. I tried switching the titanium coil to power mode after the draw started getting thin, but even at 13 watts it was tasting burnt. Upon observation it appeared to me that the (originally) spaced titanium coil had closed up to the point that it was now a contact coil, and it had become gunky-looking. With Kanthal, I use contact coils and they're working well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread