pdib LIBRARY: tech/specs/info

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
1 is the obvious choice, but I thought this was already decided. Problems?

Yeah, my wording was awkward there. I've already made that choice. Just illustrating the alternatives . . . . . that I didn't opt for.

OK. This is the Library . . . .. . not general chit-chat about selling kidneys and such. People are watching this thread for atty sales . . . . each post makes hearts race and then → :facepalm: . . .. . So . . . .. . . .

Last edited:

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
NUPPIN'

PRICING:

Production costs increased when we discovered some parts weren’t included (in shipment or in our bill) and had to order them separately. And there’s been some added labor (quite a bit, actually) for me to get them ready to ship; so prices are a few dollars more than I had guessed a month or two ago.

Anyway, if you would like to purchase, here’s your chance. Pricing is like this:

$84.95 per atty (includes SS AFC tube, 2 spare screws, 0.9mm hex key; ↓ as pictured)

$7.95 per extra AFC tube (choice of Copper or Brass . . . . no limit; but Brass is in limited supply)

+ $6 shipping (priority, no insurance / “carrier leave” unless something other requested)

15304439069_013cfccf8a_c.jpg

15468231976_f4853b5f01.jpg

15313285050_41234d6ed3.jpg

ORDERING:

Please to include in a PM:

# Nuppin’ atties:

# Copper AFC:

# Brass AFC:

email (PayPal invoice):

Shipping Address:

I may not reply, unless I see a question; so watch for a PayPal invoice after ordering. Confirmation will be in the form of PayPal/USPS shipping notification. (please “check yer junk” if you don’t see an email). Also, feel free to PM with any questions before or after ordering.

PACKAGING:

this is my first time mailing a whole lot of little things to a bunch o’ people. I don’t like plastic and I don’t like waste. So, I’ve devised a packaging method that uses very little, but keeps your stuff safe and secure. No fancy bling-y stuffing, just the goods. Examine your packing materials closely, and be sure you’ve got all your stuff before you recycle. Namely, one will receive as many hex-key/spare-screw sets as # atties ordered. All the little extras are grouped in a single compartment.

DESCRIPTION:

This here little atty is designed for bottom feeding. A small chamber atty with lots of room for a variety of builds and airflow configurations. Outside dimensions are 18mm diameter and 20mm body height (i.e. 24.35mm including the 510). The deck is about 14mm across, and the chamber height is about 8 or 8.5mm from deck to ceiling. AFC airholes can be operated as single or dual. The cap can be pulled up a bit to increase chamber size or to adjust "top of coil" airflow. Although the 510+ wasn't designed to be adjustable, I've unscrewed them all a little to guarantee good +contact clearance in your mod's 510. So, I've freed that centerpost up and (with some focus and effort) it can be adjusted for height and/or for orientation of +wire capture holes. (feel free to PM me before attempting this mildly tricky adjustment)

The negative wire capture holes are about 1.5mm diameter and about 4mm deep. The positive wire capture hole is also about 1.5mm in diameter.

Here's the easiest way to mount a simple coil, given the wire captures being at 90° to each other. I always cut the leg going into the deck at about 8mm (5/16"). Maybe start there, bottom it out in the hole and cinch it. This establishes a pretty good coil height. There's time to figure out whether longer or shorter is better for you. When wrapping the coil, I end up with the legs at 90° to each other, and give the positive leg a little bend. Please see in video ↓.

There's plenty of other ways to skin this cat. I've done it a bunch of different ways.

QUESTIONS:

This being the Library, I would ask that questions one might find on a FAQ list be asked here. More specific, silly, personal questions and banter are welcome in the gabby thread: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-again-you-kids-should-behave-yourselves.html
. . . or PM me. Also, if anyone comes up with some cool coil configurations, or has advice about this atty that may pertain to others, that kind of stuff would be most welcome here too.

Last edited:

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
Specs for Nuppin' set screws and the tools to turn them, o-rings:

SCREW: SS set screw, cup point, hex/socket drive (18-8, A2, or 304). M2x0.4 and 2.5mm length (that's an M2 screw that's 2.5mm long and has a 0.4mm thread pitch)

That socket/hex is 0.9mm
So hex keys/tools would be 0.9mm or 0.035"

One source:

McMaster-Carr

McMaster-Carr

and a note: M2 screws with .4mm pitch are very common for atomizer set screws. Likely they will work in most atties (all of the ones I happen to have owned).

O-RINGS: 1mm x 10mm

One source:

http://www.theoringstore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=368_12_36&products_id=1770

↑these are Buna N 70 (a little less flexible, but holds up to tank cracking liquids better . . . I should think . . . I'm no doctor). This is what I use as default for BF mod parts.

↓there's all kinds to choose from tho (the Buna N 50 would be a little more elastic, and a little less tough in, say, a jet fuel spill . .. :p).

http://www.theoringstore.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=368

Last edited:

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
I think I'm out of Brass AFC sleeves. I may have 1 or 2 left; but I want to ship those atties going out tomorrow before filling any more orders on those.

Copper? yeah, still have Copper.

SS? comes with.

ADDIT . . .. . BREAKING NEWS!!!!! ( ← :rolleyes: )

As of 11/03/14 I have 3 Brass AFC left. 11/04 GONE, Ø, zip, zilch

:facepalm: that will be all . . . . as you were

Last edited:

Troublemaker14

Moved On
Sep 15, 2014
Charlotte nc
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: New Identity of previously banned member

X-Puppy

Cloud Hound!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Marysville, Washington, USA
OK. This is the Library . . . .. . not general chit-chat about selling kidneys and such. People are watching this thread for atty sales . . . . each post makes hearts race and then → :facepalm: . . .. . So . . . .. . . .

Sssh... This is the Library, folks get exited when you post here! :D

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
So, I mentioned (in the other thread) that I'd mention when; so I'm mentioning when. . . .

There's about 70 Nuppin' atties left. (This despite the recent british invasion. :p) I don't know whether to anticipate a holiday lull; but I gather there's some folk waiting for January. I should think that, given the patterns I've seen so far, there will still be atties available in early January. If I had to guess, I'd imagine they won't last through that month tho (just guessing, in case it helps anyone w/ scheduling).

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
I have not taken any action to initiate another run. There is nothing planned. I'm leaning a little towards not. If there proves to be continued interest in and enjoyment of this design, I will seriously consider another batch. However, for your planning purposes, I would suggest that these be treated as "it".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread