Not open for further replies.

timk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Yakima, WA, USA
Where did you get that tip? I'm looking for one to match my peachwood dibi

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

pdib retained a "blockette" as he called it lol so I took a VA Chaplin drip tip and made that one. Cut off the plastic from the VA Chaplin, cut a hole in a small blockette I got back from pdib and shaped/rounded it with a file, sandpaper, superglue, then sand/buff. :thumbs:

ValHeli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2013
Baghdad
Some good info from the Monkey man:

I adjusted my nut once or twice, but once I got my post right where I wanted it to have a short throw... I tightened down on the nut just a bit to make sure it stayed in place. Not much more than finger-tight, mind you.... The silver is soft and you do not want to booger up the threads.

This is how mine sits:

3y7ajy4e.jpg

5uqy3upe.jpg

ETA: Be careful when making this adjustment. While trying to find the shortest throw, it went auto-fire. Just have to be prepared to yank the top off.

As-is, i have about a 1mm throw w/ my efest 1500 mAh flat-tops and about a .25mm throw w/ my aw imr 1600 button-tops. These are the only two batteries I use, and I am phasing out the flats completely. Just be aware that even the same batteries from different batches have a slight size difference from manufacturing tolerances. If you do the super-short throw, make sure you aren't cooking off the grenade! I tested all my batteries and came to the perfect setting for all of them before locking down the nut.

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
EXTRAS

This is just a list of the extras/options/upgrade (that I can think of at the moment), and the pricing that I've come up with (for the time being). Some of this has been mentioned elsewhere; but I just wanted it in list form and in one place; so that people could consider costs as they consider their mod build. (And to help avoid surprises at invoicing.)
Actually, it's a list of only the extras that cost money above and beyond mod prices.

Items in RED now come standard with all mods. Pricing reflects additional/extra units.

Sterling Silver Contact (w/ LP Brass Nut): $15

Ag/BeCu Spring : $5

BeCu Strip (fuse skip): $7

Extra Modded Fuse: $3

Extra Button (cap & stem): $15
(↑an second button)

Custom Button: $7
(↑ the one button that comes with your mod, with a custom cap)

Ivory Button *: +$5 (i.e. where custom is $7, ivory is $12. Extra $15→20)

* the Ivory Buttons are all pretty much snatched up in "List" form

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
X-Puppy posted this. Thought it would be useful here.

A while back there was some discussion about the differences in the 6ml bottle caps used for the OliveR vs the REO.

I noticed early on that I had to be careful how tight I screwed the bottle onto my REO. Too loose and no seal, to tight and the O-Ring would bunch up inside the cap and again, no seal.

I noticed right away when I received #007 Canary beta OliveR that the seal for the squonk bottle was much more concise so I asked pdib where he gets his bottles from and ordered some.

I finally had some time to compare and take pics to clarify why we seem to get a much easier, better and longer lasting seal on the OliveR versus the REO.

You can see the difference right away when comparing them side by side. Here’s a close-up:
gC7xLn0JxiaveDfoXmyo_hS_Lu2DX8pgcOVGg87In8g=w452-h603-no

This one is from a REO:
photo%2B2.JPG

This one is from an OliveR:
photo%2B3.JPG

The difference on the inside of the cap is just as pronounce as it is on the outside. This is why the O-Rings seat so much better. There's a nice ledge there for the O-Ring to seal against.

I didn’t notice a difference in the size and shape when comparing O-Rings but they do come in different compositions. Earlier we confirmed that pdib uses the “012 N70 Buna-N Nitrile 70 O-ring”. Rossum gave as a good link here:
$5.51 for 17

Pdib gave me the ok to post the link for where he gets his 6ml bottles with the preferred caps here: Make sure to order the ones with the clear caps and not the ones further down the page.
The only catch to this source is there is a minimum order requirement of QTY: 25.
$21.95 including shipping. Watch your order QTY closely, ther’s a $300.00 difference if you plug in 25 for the QTY… don’t ask me how I know but at least I caught it before I pulled the trigger.:facepalm:

There may be other places you can get the same 6ml bottle. I ordered some from MyFreedomSmokes and their caps have the same shape but part of the order consisted of the clear caps and some of them were the right shape but they were white.

My:2c: - enjoy :)

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
UPdates? you guys want updating? .. . . . . OK.

So, there's been a little modification in the pricing of the Mods. ( "" ←that kind.) We (who participate) in the main thread spent a good deal of time and brain chitlin's working this thing out. Long→short is that it was generally agreed that: (a) the mods are worth substantially more than what I've been charging, and (2) I haven't been charging enough to keep this venture sustainable for me. I've included links ↓, should anyone be interested in the gist of that conversation. I have gone to some lengths to ease the transition for those who may require some "transition-easing". If you are one who finds that the changes are too sudden, too soon, or too great, please contact me via PM. Myself and some of our peeps have worked out a little deal where it should all pan out most harmoniously for such a person. ←This, I would imagine to be a rarely utilized and short term transitional dynamic; and "creative/discount pricing" will occur solely at my discretion and be limited to available resources. (Also, I should mention, it will be considered a private thing from my end . . .. I won't be mentioning it.)

The REVISED "PRICING" POST: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...dib-library-tech-specs-info.html#post12144402

Topic starts about here (?): http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...hould-behave-yourselves-191.html#post14051929

Ends about here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...hould-behave-yourselves-223.html#post14084807

Last edited:

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
Hmmm....I'm assuming the new pricing is what I will be paying when my mod is done (Dec?) even though I've been on the list for months, is this correct Pdib?

If so, I may just have to withdraw....I'll let you know for sure via PM though.

Honestly, I hope that my keeping track of the order in which people dropped me a quick note to express interest in a mod hasn't taxed anyone other than me too much. I personally don't see taking the time to type "I want one" as some form of commitment or entitlement. I certainly don't hold anyone to it when their turn comes up and they've changed their mind. And I can't be charging prices that have proven too low to be sustainable for the next two years, just because 358 people have said "I want one".

I'm not excited to raise prices, and I'm not trying to gouge anyone here. In fact, this is a sensitive topic for me, as I tend to undercharge for my work, and it took quite a few months of stressing and avoiding the issue before I gathered up the courage to address it.

There are literally 3 choices here: (1) price the mods in direct relation to #hrs/labor that goes into them (at a very modest hourly wage), (b) cancel this whole excursion and go find some other work, or (3) keep charging too little for my work until I have to grab up a shopping cart and go live under a bridge (where there are no power tools, and consequently no more mods).

I will reiterate that I've set up a program where some folks could still pay the old price, and that they should PM me with any concerns.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread