Post pictures of your working wick and coil setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistaree

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Hampton, Virginia
Hey CMB's.... (coil master builders) I almost 4got to check in 2day, but I did manage to get some practice in, I am definitely not a master of anything, except maybe wasting wire But since I plan on vaping til the day I die, there's no chance in hell I'm giving up anytime soon & I refuse to go the easy route, by buying pre-made coils. I like knowing good wire is being used or at least I'd like to trust the person that's doing the building... And when it comes to pre-made coils, it wouldn't surprise me to learn , half the sellers on EBay are getting their supply from China anyways... Lol... So 4give me, if the only CMB's I trust, are most of the awesome builders in this thread Who else could be better to learn from?

Anyhoo, I couldn't seem to keep my focus in check 2day, so I'm going to watch a few more videos & try again 2morrow. Hopefully, I'll be able to make something salvageable enough to actually wrap & install in 1 of these empty atties I'm looking at Enjoy the rest of ur weekend guys & Vape like a Boss ✌

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Mistaree

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Hampton, Virginia
@Mistaree I think its safe to say we have all wasted a fair share of wire on our coil experiments, but hey you will never get it if you dont try, and who knows you may come up with some crazy cool looking functional coil ;)
Thanks Dextrose, believe it or not, I think I needed that. I was looking at that Clapton Jig V2 thingy, but I'm pretty sure I'd feel guilty using it... Sorta like cheating on an exam[emoji15], but trust me...Its far too soon to throw in the towel. I might be over reaching or perhaps, I need to step back, take a breath & try some less complicated builds... I thought I was ready for an Alien or Fused Staple coils.

I thought I had Claptons down packed, but these last few days, I can't seem to do more than 2 inches without overlapping or making a janky looking knot[emoji33] But this is what I love about vaping... There's always something new to learn, so I might try a Hive or a Transformer coil 2morrow... [emoji2] I was looking at the vids for a mirror finish coil, but my Sonic Cleaner has finally passed on after 8yrs of service... (sigh) All good, at some point in time, I'll have to invest in a new 1. But as for the coil building, I'm pretty sure I'll get the hang of it b4 the year is out... [emoji4] [emoji6] Happy Vapes All Around & Vape Safe.. But most of all... Pay the cost to Vape like a Boss [emoji12]

Mistaree

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Hampton, Virginia
Have you not knitted me a new coil yet Granny? :D

Good to see you about, keep strong! :)
Lol... No, at this point I can't even knit myself a nice new coil Hell, I'm still try'in to figure out how to use this Taptalk app on my phone ☺

Sigh, I'm still alive & breathing vapor... And finally off bed rest !!!
a few bed sores, a busted phone that doesn't charge & Yes, I'm referring to the one I just bought, so no vape gear for me, I had to purchase a Qi wireless charging back cover for my Note 4 & a set of slim 4500mah batteries w/ external charger.... So this birthday has really sucked, I looked like I had elephantiasis or sumtin...both legs & feet were swollen beyond recognition So 2day is my first day out of bed & sitting at the computer... It hurts as usual but as long as I'm not in the bed I'm good;) Aww Mann, I still can't take any pics but I'm definitely gonna put down some building of the coils today... My setups are horrible... been dry burning & re-wicking, from my bed. Being unplugged from the world & totally miserable without a phone or PC had me a little grumpy for awhile. I couldn't believe how much NOT having a phone effected me. Who knew a phone could effect ur lifestyle like that ? (smdh)My bday was kinda crappy, bcuz I couldn't go out or fit my feet into slippers, but I was still happy to see it... But u better believe...I'm gonna do it up for my 7 year Anniversary ( July 4th when I had the aneurysm) & shortly after that, I'm gonna be welcoming my new grandson into the world. :banana: around the end of July & be the world's greatest "G"-ma !!
No way I'm gonna be anybody's :pervy::censored: grandma, just yet. Oh well, I paid for expedited shipping so hopefully the stuff for my phone will get here b4 Friday. Happy Vapes All Around !! Hmm I guess I need my phone to get notifications on all my ECF threads thru TapTalk, huh ? The Qi charger I have now charges so frikk'in slow...smh Enjoy ur day guys cuz I'm gonna enjoy building coils & mixing ejuice for the rest of the afternoon. Happy Vapes !!

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Hey USM, what ID do you usually build on your Tsunami. I finally got mine. Kind of upset because I had to switch my order from black to SS just to get it before May... But whatever, I like it.

I ask because I've had it leak on me already. My first build is a spaced all SS fused clapton dual with 2.5 mm ID positioned right over the airholes. I refuse to "paint" my coils. I want to drip through the top and I know it's possible because I used to do it when I had a Kennedy.

7b2067ad27ac395fefbcaaf4f8f8c511.jpg
I've used up to 3mm ID with no issues....check your wicking if it leaks...may need to thin the tails more

Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping ;)

Mistaree

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Hampton, Virginia
Alright now CMB's:banana:
Its another Saturday afternoon & of course I'm preparing to get my practice in. I'm amazed my 1st order with www.Focalecig.com arrived in the mail yesterday, faster than any other China based, ecig company I've ever dealt with. Technically, it got here in 5 business days not including the weekend. Well, I thought that was frikk'in awesome:D!! AnyHoo... As I mentioned early on in the week, I was very disappointed with an Ebay seller, that I ordered a Copper Ohmega Stacked 26650 mod from. I waited nearly 3wks & when it finally arrived, it was Brass. I decided to go with the BMF Dual 26650 Series Box Mod, but I found out it was discontinued...(sigh) Since I've fallen in luv with Series devices after buying a Noisy Cricket, I was determined to get something with a bit more power... so my research led me to the "Hammer Of God V2"& Again, nearly everywhere was out of stock & if it was in stock, the price was ridiculously high, for the clone...

Well, I figured since my "So Horney RDA" arrived so quickly, I checked Focalecig & not only did they have it in stock, they had them on sale... plus they have the Black & Gold version I really wanted. So I ordered it yesterday. Now according to VaporWorld.Biz, (I called) the BMF V2 box mod should be available for purchase sometime next month, no later than early June & I'll probably get that too :cool::pBut from my understanding, its going to be similar to the Cherry Bomb V2, with the addition of a voltmeter & the parallel/series switch, in dual 18650 & 26650 models...:thumbs: So I'm pretty sure the 26650 version will be in my arsenal when it drops. Aww Well, I'll be hella happy when I finally get this years b'day gift to self. :pervy: I've been buying myself a mod every yr, since I started vaping, but this yr has been a PIA to get my hands on, for some reason. Series mods seems like the next level of vaping I've been looking for & with the right kind of coil build on top... :hubba:Whew Wee !!! Add a 30mm atty in the mix & then you'll have the perfect vape.... Now off to practice... I go.. Happy Vapes, Fellas !!:w00t:

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
But running batteries in series requires a diligence and special coil building because the voltage adds. You have to look after those batteries very carefully and typically marry them as well as test them regularly.

In other words, it's not a throw it in there and vape it deal.

Just saying.

T

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
Introducing my creation, not quite working yet being tested by me....
"The Reverse Lock Coil"

I'm still trying to decide what wire and gauge to use on the inside to get this baby cracking...
I was bored ok!!!!....[emoji12]

Think im going bigger on the wire and tighten the stitches a bit....

Last edited:

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
First build on me Tm2, 21g N80, 3mm id.
Really nice vape from this rda, not sure yet as this is my first build in it but the vapor seems to be shooting up towards where the DT would be from the small gap between the pos+ and neg- posts rather than shooting out away from the rda as you normally see, must be adding to the flavour cus its A+:thumbs:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Velocity mini below with its first build, 22g N80, 2.5id.
Nice gold colour before the dark blues came through
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    790.5 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread