Not open for further replies.

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
Calling someone a naive for not agreeing with your point? Really?

As for 90% disappearing in the coming months. Have you heard about the FDA's impending regulation? They actually announced it last year. I think it's a pretty established fact that Vaperz by Joe, Mad Murdoch, etc will not be able to pay for the fees, license, inspections, etc.
Having said that, that memo isn't aimed at momandpop vapor shop... Blu isn't competing with them. Blu competes with Mistic, njoy, and the like. Your never going to be able to walk in any Wal-Mart and buy Alien Visions..and that is exactly the level of business the memo is aimed at.

I suppose by knowing it's coming everyone that has followed the issue has bribed someone?

Please cite a source to this "impending regulation". As far as I know, they were to propose a "deeming" regulation that just makes electronic cigarettes and/or nic juice a tobacco product. These things are published in the federal register and last I heard they were due in April of this year and this has been delayed.

ClippinWings

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
The OC
Nothing wrong with BLU or their parent company .. I started with NJOY some time ago .. many folks prefer a cig-a-like ..

Unfortunate that so many threads these days turn into a Political rant ..

Wow... you do know their parent company is actively working to outlaw any liquid not sold in pre-filled cartos and heavily tax said cartos. In addition to testing and licensing requirements that would be prohibitively expensive on smaller e-cigarettes and liquid manufacturers... effectively running all high end e-cigarette companies and mom and pop businesses... out of business.

There is something very wrong with Lorillard.

Last edited:

Mrtrucker40108

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Brandenburg, KY, USA
Please cite a source to this "impending regulation". As far as I know, they were to propose a "deeming" regulation that just makes electronic cigarettes and/or nic juice a tobacco product. These things are published in the federal register and last I heard they were due in April of this year and this has been delayed.

I was referring to the deeming regulation.
Do you think of it as 'just making electronic cigarettes and/or nic juice tobacco products' ?

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
Wow... you do know their parent company is actively working to outlaw any liquid not sold in pre-filled cartos and heavily tax said cartos. In addition to testing and licensing requirements that would be prohibitively expensive on smaller e-cigarettes and liquid manufacturers... effectively running all high end e-cigarette compoanies and mom and pop businesses... out of business.

There is something very wrong with Lorillard.

Business is business .. a public company will do what is necessary to profit .. shareholders have this odd need to make money ..

As well, a company will do what it is allowed to do ..

The Mom and Pops can band together, pool resources and create their own lobby ..

presidentk1

May 27, 2013
USA
Business is business .. a public company will do what is necessary to profit .. shareholders have this odd need to make money ..

As well, a company will do what it is allowed to do ..

The Mom and Pops can band together, pool resources and create their own lobby ..

M&P stores shouldn't have to form a lobby to combat the greed of BT

this was one of my reasons for returning my blu without even trying it

i read it sucks, maybe it does, maybe it doesn't

but trying to force us vapors into buying only pre-filled cartos at a ridiculous markup is reason enough not to support them

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
M&P stores shouldn't have to form a lobby to combat the greed of BT

this was one of my reasons for returning my blu without even trying it

i read it sucks, maybe it does, maybe it doesn't

but trying to force us vapors into buying only pre-filled cartos at a ridiculous markup is reason enough not to support them

I'm afraid the reality of it is they do need to form their own lobby .. and before it's too late .. keep in mind, the Mom and Pops are in for the money as well .. they don't sell out of the kindness of their heart .. the profit motive has driven our Country from the get go ..

I'm as much for American small business as anyone .. I am, in fact, a small business owner .. but small business has no right to whine unless they do whatever they can to protect themselves ..

ClippinWings

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
The OC
I'm afraid the reality of it is they do need to form their own lobby .. and before it's too late .. keep in mind, the Mom and Pops are in for the money as well .. they don't sell out of the kindness of their heart .. the profit motive has driven our Country from the get go ..

I'm as much for American small business as anyone .. I am, in fact, a small business owner .. but small business has no right to whine unless they do whatever they can to protect themselves ..

But where they differ is M&P are in the business of selling e-Cigarettes ... getting people to quit smoking and switch the eCigs.

BT is in the business of keeping people addicted... Lorillard was to say, spend $150 million for the right to look like they wanted to do what was best for the eCigarette ... and then use that position to support legislation that would outlaw the products that actually keep people off cigarettes... that's a smart investment...

Don't think for a second that Lorillard has any interest in reducing the number of smokers...

Like you said... it's about profits.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
But where they differ is M&P are in the business of selling e-Cigarettes ... getting people to quit smoking and switch the eCigs.

BT is in the business of keeping people addicted... Lorillard was to say, spend $150 million for the right to look like they wanted to do what was best for the eCigarette ... and then use that position to support legislation that would outlaw the products that actually keep people off cigarettes... that's a smart investment...

Don't think for a second that Lorillard has any interest in reducing the number of smokers...

Like you said... it's about profits.

It about profit whether it be BT or Mom and Pop ..

Mom and Pop profit when someone switches to the PV .. and without that, there would be no Mom and Pop .. no matter how they spin it

presidentk1

May 27, 2013
USA
there is a big difference between the profit seeking habits of a M&P and that of BT

M&Ps aren't pushing for regulations that hurt the consumer, they are transparent in their motives
they sell a product, make a reasonable profit, everyone is happy.

BT wants to either 1) eliminate ecigs entirely or 2) make so that only companies as large as them can operate in the market

you cant say the two are similar just because they are for-profit companies

ClippinWings

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
The OC
It about profit whether it be BT or Mom and Pop ..

Mom and Pop profit when someone switches to the PV .. and without that, there would be no Mom and Pop .. no matter how they spin it

If you think a Blu Cigalike works as well as a... let's say Provari.... You're delusional.

Lorillard has a vested interest in not only driving out competition for eCig business... but also driving away viable alternatives to smoking.

Pazazu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2013
North Carolina
I started out with Blu myself, and ended up going back to regular cigs. The batteries didn't last long enough for me, and wasn't getting nearly enough nicotine to satisfy my habit.

It just varies from one smoker to the next. I finally ended up getting an eVic after a friend telling me how good they are, and now im on my way to a mech mod.

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
I was referring to the deeming regulation.
Do you think of it as 'just making electronic cigarettes and/or nic juice tobacco products' ?

That is all it does. It basically will say "this is a tobacco product and is now subject to our regulatory jurisdiction".

I would assume that some of the bigger e-cig players might file suit immediately to claim it's not necessarily a tobacco product. On that point, they will probably lose but they could argue that selling non-nic juice isn't a tobacco product, among other things.

After this deeming regulation, they will come out with the actual regulations which specify what can be sold, how it can be sold, to whom and what documents they will accept as proof of compliance. This is where the problem is and why Blu's memo is of concern. I mean how do they know that 90% of the other e-cigs will not be around "in the coming months"?

They know it because they've come to some kind of back-room agreement with the regulators.

This isn't personal. I'm not trying to insult anyone by using the term "naive", but I mean, people should know what they are up against. And every dollar you give this company is going to be used against our small vendors.

MMcQ

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2013
Pennsylvania
Still got my blu's and still use them at least once a day. The cart's? Nah, i stick v-nanos on them and they satisfy the occasional urge for a real cigarette. I think its more just the way I hold it then the fact that its an auto. The rest of the time I prefer manuals for battery life and control. I get bored easily so having a couple options to get my nicotine keeps me interested and busy:vapor:my advice is to go with whatever works for you that you can afford. A little tinkering can go a long way and mixing and matching up carts, tanks, atty's and the like can be alot of fun if you have the patience. Good luck!

Mrtrucker40108

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Brandenburg, KY, USA
This isn't personal. I'm not trying to insult anyone by using the term "naive", but I mean, people should know what they are up against. And every dollar you give this company is going to be used against our small vendors.

I've been a bb/chat/forum junkie for about twenty years... I always assume the other poster means well.. prevents butthurts. :)

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
SInce the blu batterys are 510 you can use standard cartomizers on them and any juice you want.

- Multi-Pack Deals

Has excellent deals on unpunched Cartos (blank/no flavor fill your own). You want unpunched. The punched ones are for tanks and will leak all over the place if used on their own.

Just an option if you find you would like to try other juices while keeping your blu system. :)

Last edited:

bunnomatic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2013
Conway,SC
Hi guys I'm a new vaper who didnt know about this forum and all its great info before I bought my BLU premium started kit. That being said most of the gripes are that the batteries dont last long and the prefilled cartos are expensive. I am not an all day vaper (mostly at night after work) I find with the 2 batteries I always have one charged. They give good vaper, and I have found a good way to clean and re-fill the used cartos. I spent 70.00 for the kit, so I don't want to be so fast to kick it to the curb for something else. what do you guys think?

If you are satisfied it doesn't matter at all what anybody else thinks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread