Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
Here's a off the subject post. I just for kicks made a twisted 30 gauge, built a spaced 1.3 ohm rayon coil, installed it into a kayfun ontop a provari. My ADV and work hitter. That was 2 weeks ago, so I'm going on my third week and, still vaping like a champ also I'm filling up the tank at least 2 times a day. My vape I make in 100ml batches of 80 highway or desert ship or No5 or a blend of the 3 and 20 of a 5% RTS tobacco absolute, along with 1 drop per 10ml of acetyl pyrazine.
Once I get a slight burn or off taste the atty is cleaned along with the juice. I really like how clean the Hangsen tobacs do vape by not being sweet and gunking up coils.

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
I just tried Hagnsen Virginia, and since I am not good in describing things, I will just say that it is a nice flavor. It has a semi sweet taste not unlike RY1, but the tobacco is more pronounced - somewhere between RY1 and Red USA. It has no nutty flavor. Compared to Flavor Art's Virginia, I prefer Hangsen's version.

scotdc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2015
Vegas, Baby
Got in on this Going Out of Business Sale at buyhangsen.com too. At 69 cents per 5ml I couldn't pass up the chance to try out most of the tobacco flavors, and ended up with 16 different ones in my cart! What the hell - threw in the colas, popcorn, and chocolate to try as well.

Jeezzzz..... I'm going to be testing for a month straight.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Got in on this Going Out of Business Sale at buyhangsen.com too. At 69 cents per 5ml I couldn't pass up the chance to try out most of the tobacco flavors, and ended up with 16 different ones in my cart! What the hell - threw in the colas, popcorn, and chocolate to try as well.

Jeezzzz..... I'm going to be testing for a month straight.

I bought up as many of the 50ml bottles of assorted tobacco flavors that I could afford at the time when the sale first started. I wound up with 15 bottles. The one's I've tried (NO.5, arabic, Elder captain, Gold&Silver, RY4, RY1 and highway) we're all right on the mark as far as original hangsen taste. There about a year out of date now but still as fresh tasting as the day they were new. Wish I stocked up more on NO.5 as that's my primary vape. I have 2 and a half 50ml bottles left.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
With me its Highway, Desert Ship and No5 all neck and neck for my fav. I use the desert ship for my wife's cotton candy blend so I try not to use the DS in my mixes. Like I've says times before I'm still in awe to how great these Hangsen tobac concentrates are compared to the commercial juices I use to vape.

scotdc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2015
Vegas, Baby
With me its Highway, Desert Ship and No5 all neck and neck for my fav. I use the desert ship for my wife's cotton candy blend so I try not to use the DS in my mixes. Like I've says times before I'm still in awe to how great these Hangsen tobac concentrates are compared to the commercial juices I use to vape.
I've only been making my own juice for about 1 month, but you are so right. Even the simplest blends I made like Highway with Butterscotch or Dannyv45's Highway with Vanilla are better than almost all of the commercial juices I ever bought. My first recipes are coming through their steep time and this DIY adventure just keeps getting better and better!

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
I have hangsen toffee and virginia tobacco but im not sure where to start with them pecentage wise..

Start the toffee at 1% and work up and don't let it over power the tobacco. Not to sure how well toffee will go with virginia as it is a drier more ashy tobacco but 5% is a good starting point. A better choice would be an RY1 or A 555 like Hangsen highway or NO.5. Toffee needs 3 weeks steep.

Let me know if the toffee taste like butter. That was my last experience with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Slots

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
Grrr. Of course I went back to compare the ones I ordered versus the ones I want, and had to make another order.

This is the last one, I swear! (Unless the butterscotch is out of this world, in which case I will go get 50 mls of it!)

Ha!!

it's never just the last one:)

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
Let me know if the toffee taste like butter. That was my last experience with it.

Do You taste the butter even after steeping? I had the same trouble with vanilla, but the buttery taste went away in 2-3 weeks. Or else, I got used to it ...

Last edited:

CorTEH

May 2, 2014
La Quinta CA
Start the toffee at 1% and work up and don't let it over power the tobacco. Not to sure how well toffee will go with virginia as it is a drier more ashy tobacco but 5% is a good starting point. A better choice would be an RY1 or A 555 like Hangsen highway or NO.5. Toffee needs 3 weeks steep.

oh i wasnt planning on using them both together, just wanting to make a butterscotch custard, or something like that just not sure how strong it is. ill start at like 2% and work my way up.

FinallyQuit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2011
SC
<-----greedily rubs hands together!!

My 15 flavors are here, the package smells delicious and nothing leaked. They sent me a tiny 5 ml freebie of 0mg Toffee liquid, so I guess I can see what it's supposed to taste like [emoji6] and I still have that old "butter" tucked away.

I'm in the mood for peaches, or oranges, or strawberries. We'll see what's what!

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
Ha!! it's never just the last one:)
Truer words were never spoken :p
I've tried "Butterscotch" from FA, LA, VZ, HS, TFA, NF, and FW,
All went down the drain but 2, which I will be testing again to find the best according to my taste buds.
When it comes to some others, like Coconut, and Chocolate, it's even worse :yawn:
Never give up :thumbs:

Reactions: JD1

Mattdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2011
Chicago
I just tried Hagnsen Virginia, and since I am not good in describing things, I will just say that it is a nice flavor. It has a semi sweet taste not unlike RY1, but the tobacco is more pronounced - somewhere between RY1 and Red USA. It has no nutty flavor. Compared to Flavor Art's Virginia, I prefer Hangsen's version.

Hey, if you don't mind, could you post a pic of the HS Virginia mixed or describe it at least? I want to see the color. It's next on my list. I have USA Red, Congress and Indian. I like USA Red. The Congress is great, tastes like smoked and fresh tobacco at the same time, very realistic with not even the slightest hint of sweetness. I mix it at %3, very pale golden color, lots of flavor.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
Here's a pic of my 100ml 6% Hangsens. They a bit darker than picture shows but they are almost all the same golden color. The 4th one on the right is a blend of Highway and RTS TA so its lighter than the rest. As you can see from the dates a couple of them are a month old and ready to partake in the bounty. They are all mixed without nic with a magnetic mixer, the No5 and Highway have their nic in them but the Desert Ship still needs steep time before it gets its 25ml of 48 nic.

Hangsen%20Group.jpg

Reactions: Mattdogg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread