Status
Not open for further replies.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Here's a quote from a post last year. I scoured the net heavily for info on hangsen. Some of the info isn't available after hs changed their site.

The Hangsen Thread | Page 106 | E-Cigarette Forum

"
I believe only the essence line is naturally extracted by molecular distillation. Nets are just steeped out straight tobacco with only light filtering of solids. Where as hangsen takes it much farther essentially filtering/ distilling many more of the byproducts out, like plant proteins, down to just the flavor / essence of tobacco.

Essential oils are generally made with a molecular distillation process. I'm not sure about the other flavors. But they aren't classified as essence and are cheaper than the essence line.

Make The Best E-liquid ?Natural Ingredients of Hangsen Holding Co.,Ltd

From a hangsen wiki I found - (can no longer find it)

"e-liquid from natural tobacco such as Zimbabwe tobacco, Izmir tobacco, and Burley tobacco.."

A google search on essential oil production and molecular distillation can provide more insite. Here is a link to review - http://infohost.nmt.edu/~jaltig/SteamDistill.pdf

This I what I think, I can only extrapolate this from the data im finding."

Last edited:

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
That's interesting. I always though of them as flavoring with real tobacco essence. I always though that NET's were far more tobacco extract intensive and kinda mono tasting locked into the tobacco it was distilled from..

Yeah but a tobacco essense is a natural extract. Just a more involved and more thorough process. So a home made net is a completely different category of extract.

You can notice that many flavors carry a similar base note. I've called it the signature hangsen taste in the past. They can be grouped in my opinion going by the background/ underlying tobacco essence that you can taste. Some are multiple types of tobacco essence blended. Some are built up with additional flavoring for a complete flavor profile..

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Is there a Hangsen tobacco concentrate that is easy on coils? / minimal residue/gunk?

Yeah, hangsen - tobacco concentrated. Lol

If you just want plain tobacco essence get the plain tobaccos or concentrated... But no I haven't tried those yet. It's one of those things I'm absolutely content with my Arabic that there's no need to chase flavors, for me at least.

Heres a list of their tobaccos.
Tobacco_Hangsen Holding Co.,Ltd

They don't sell just the secret sauce. Lol

All their flavors are very clean burning in comparison to others. They run a clean operation there. ISO 9001 certified to.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I have my other package! :thumbs: I'm going to be a mixing fool!!

And think of all the money you'll be saving. Compared to smoking you saved

784 packs at $8.50 (NYC price) = $6664.00 since you first quit 784 days ago. Now did you spend that much on vaping in those 784 days:)

Now that your mixin your own you'll save even more.

Reactions: JeremyR

FinallyQuit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2011
SC
And think of all the money you'll be saving. Compared to smoking you saved

784 packs at $8.50 (NYC price) = $6664.00 since you first quit 784 days ago. Now did you spend that much on vaping in those 784 days:)

Now that your mixin your own you'll save even more.

I've spent waaaay less than 6k, I've been a diy-er for years. I follow you around like a lost puppy, Danny. You helped me master TFA Black Honey (tobacco) back in the day. I figure with even 5 to 10 good recipes I can make it, but 50 to 100 must be better, right?

Reactions: Slots

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Well, after vaping HS tobaccos for a few weeks, I find myself doing away with some of my old stand buys that I have been mixing for years, by using the 5 HS tobacco flavors I have either by themselves or mixed with each other. Think I'm gonna have to get a couple other tobacco flavors to try. :)

Mattdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2011
Chicago
Here's what I like so far:
USA Red Mix -% I'm %95 sure this is the same flavor as Liqua American blend. Sweet, Smokey, tobaccoy.

Congress- dry, fresh tobacco taste.

Magic mix- toasty tobacco taste, my favorite.

Here's what I don't care for:
Indian, "tobacco", Instrument (Drum), cigar and Virginia. Only reason being, they all share this common sweet bitter maple taste to them. A little funky IMHO, takes away from the tobacco for me

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Hi everybody. I just received HS RY4 and was wondering what % should I use for a medium taste. Have seen Danny mix it at 3% with other flavors. Is it that strong?

I mix them all at 1ml per 30ml, or 3.33%. ... Most of them stay there, I never find a need to go over 4%.

I personally think the concentration was made to be 1ml per 30ml or 10 bottles finished liquid from 10 ml flavor.

I recommend to always start there, if you overflavor you could ruin the flavor by causing certain components to stand out more than they would and make it too sweet or too much something.

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
I mix them all at 1ml per 30ml, or 3.33%. ... Most of them stay there, I never find a need to go over 4%.

I personally think the concentration was made to be 1ml per 30ml or 10 bottles finished liquid from 10 ml flavor.

I recommend to always start there, if you overflavor you could ruin the flavor by causing certain components to stand out more than they would and make it too sweet or too much something.

Yes, but if Danny goes for 3%, I probably should go for less. He likes them strong. But you are right 3.33 is just about right - except for congress, a weak flavor. Can't taste anything below 6%, good around 8-9 %. Love that flavor !!

Last edited:
Reactions: Slots

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I've spent waaaay less than 6k, I've been a diy-er for years. I follow you around like a lost puppy, Danny. You helped me master TFA Black Honey (tobacco) back in the day. I figure with even 5 to 10 good recipes I can make it, but 50 to 100 must be better, right?

Yes I remember that. Our finding was you couldn't speed steep it. You had to steep it naturally for 5 weeks. Heat or UC steeping after 4 hours still didn't get rid of the chemical taste and smell. But a natural 5 week steep made it turn out great. It was the first and only flavor I came across that you couldn't speed steep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread