Status
Not open for further replies.

CNCMac

Oct 8, 2015
Also I'd like to hear any recommendations on other Hangsen flavors you think I might like, so far these are the ones I've tried.
Best -
Arabic
Desert Ship
Inawera 2% DNB with 2% UNB (not Hangsen but thought I would mention because I do like it a lot although not a big fan of many other Inawera flavors without adding one of these two.)

Very Good-
Flu Cured
Highway

Good, but won't be buying again-
Turkish
Red USA
Indian
RY1
Tab Blended

Pretty much all in this order too. Hope to find some more I can add to the top list.

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
Congress is good straight up backy as well.

I love Congress but it is kind of a weak flavor. Nothing at 4%. I decided to go up to 8%, but now I am getting a slight chemical flavor. Still a good flavor. Just curious, what % did you go for?

Last edited:

Mattdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2011
Chicago
I probably have a bad batch then. I probably should order from RTS or Bull City.

Maybe. I'm using a 50/50 mix, if by chance you're using high VG it might mute the flavor. But I do agree, Congress isn't the most potent flavor out there. I ordered from Bull City and RTS, very satisfied with both. RTS is a bit more expensive, but they have a wider selection of the HS tobaccos. And bulk sizes.

Mattdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2011
Chicago
Funny how the strengths vary, I just mixed up some Fortune Strike at %4, and out of the gate it's a bit too strong. But delicious! Gonna go back to 3 for this one. Yum.

Edit: That was a first hit off of a .57 freshly built dual coil. It's mellowed after a couple of drags, gonna let this play out. %4 it is for the moment.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I love Congress but it is kind of a weak flavor. Nothing at 4%. I decided to go up to 8%, but now I am getting a slight chemical flavor. Still a good flavor. Just curious, what % did you go for?

I haven't done congress but I usually do 7% across the board with hangsen. I sometimes notice a slightly off chemical taste but that's gone in about a week or so.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Maybe. I'm using a 50/50 mix, if by chance you're using high VG it might mute the flavor. But I do agree, Congress isn't the most potent flavor out there. I ordered from Bull City and RTS, very satisfied with both. RTS is a bit more expensive, but they have a wider selection of the HS tobaccos. And bulk sizes.

Also RTS seems to always have fresher stock then the rest of the re-bottlers out there. They are usually my backup when bullcity is out of something.

Reactions: Slots

CNCMac

Oct 8, 2015
CNC, I love the Magic Mix. Doesn't have the funky taste that's in Indian and a few others. Congress is good straight up backy as well.

Thanks Mattdog, but I actually like the funkier flavors I think, I'm assuming this because Arabic is at the top of my list yet many of my friends think it's musty and gross. Tab blended I did not care for and many in the lowest category were just too weak.
Any other flavors similar to Arabic? (unique, spicy, what others might think is gross). What are the strongest Hangsen tobaccos?

Reactions: JeremyR

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
A while back built a couple 6% Hangsen Desert Ships, one a 50ml original bottle from BCV and another a 120ml rebottled from RTS, both 60vg/40pg. Both tasted the same at their 3 week steep time so added the 12nic and vaped both and I do say that the rebottled from RTS is equally as good as the original bottle. My only complaint is that RTS price for the 120ml DS went up HUGE..just over 11 bucks from my last order to now be 47 bucks . BCV is 15 bucks for 50ml, so do the math and sorry RTS you lost some of my business but still love the RTS TA and will continue to order some HS tobacs that BCV don't have or become out of stock.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Thanks Mattdog, but I actually like the funkier flavors I think, I'm assuming this because Arabic is at the top of my list yet many of my friends think it's musty and gross. Tab blended I did not care for and many in the lowest category were just too weak.
Any other flavors similar to Arabic? (unique, spicy, what others might think is gross). What are the strongest Hangsen tobaccos?

Hey Mac, yeah Arabic is hard to match if you like it. I have yet to find another juice that can fill its shoes. So I've been vaping almost strictly arabic for almost two years... I never get tired of it

The spice in arabic is clearly Curry.
Desert ship should really be the musty one.

So I haven't found anything as punchy as arabic... The gold and silver is a very strong flavor to me; that's not on your list. It has a prune or raison note that comes out to me, suppose to be cherry cream... It is very potent but I cant vape it more than part of a day anymore, at 3% its pretty rich.. Many love it and I did like it for a while.

Last edited:
Reactions: MsLoud

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Arabic is the only one hangsen describes in this way
"Naturally extracted Arabic tobacco, great taste and throat hit."
Implying its an arabic specific net base.

A few that come to mind that you may want to try.

http://www.hkhangsen.com/productsmore-10.html

Their cigar says a strong taste, everyone says its weak don't know why, hs describes it as one of the stronger ones.. I haven't tried.

The kicker.. Pipe.. Hs makes it out as their strongest tobacco taste ... Everyone says its weak !?!? Odd.. Possible over flavoring.
I would like to try myself.

BD tobacco (black devil) - just sounds strong. Haven't tried
Rainbow - a reviewer said it was spicy like jalapeños. Haven't tried
TU - turbo, black liquid, black licorice or burnt rubber taste, very strong. Its some dirty stuff not to my liking.

CNCMac

Oct 8, 2015
A while back built a couple 6% Hangsen Desert Ships, one a 50ml original bottle from BCV and another a 120ml rebottled from RTS, both 60vg/40pg. Both tasted the same at their 3 week steep time so added the 12nic and vaped both and I do say that the rebottled from RTS is equally as good as the original bottle. My only complaint is that RTS price for the 120ml DS went up HUGE..just over 11 bucks from my last order to now be 47 bucks . BCV is 15 bucks for 50ml, so do the math and sorry RTS you lost some of my business but still love the RTS TA and will continue to order some HS tobacs that BCV don't have or become out of stock.

BCV ships to BC?

Thanks JeremyR - Magic Mix, Gold and Silver, and Pipe all on the next order. Elder Captain sounds interesting as well so that's added too. No Cigar in stock or I would try it.
If there are any other you suggest, please do.
The company in Canada I've been ordering from, expensive but non-rebottled - (ooops, guess I wasn't allowed to link yet) Ezigcan.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Welcome to ecf and the hangsen thread!

I have elder captian and it sounds like Its not what your looking for specifically at least not an arabic contender..

Its not a real strong flavor but you may find a place for it. Its not a bad flavor by any means. It has a touch of the usa red base in it. I think I likened it to a desert ship/USA red mix??, if I remember my thoughts correctly.

Heres a link to a post of tobacco flavors I have that I ranked by strength of taste from the flavoring...

Mix the pipe @ 3% and call me in 3-4 weeks. Lol. Good luck! Its a mystery wrapped in a riddle, that I'd like to solve. But not so much that I've ordered it. Lol .. you know what I'm too content with..

Last edited:
Reactions: JD1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I don't think they ship to Canada at all. I live 10 minutes up from the Idaho border so I have a US shipping address. I order my gear, PG, VG and flavorings in the US but refuse to jeopardize all my US online purchasing with trying to bring any sorta nic over the border. Gear and non-nicotine products you can bring over easily with a copy of the invoice. I buy my nic in Canada (Hydavape). I guess its a perk of living in a small 2 horse town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread