Not open for further replies.

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
Sweet!

Take a pass on the SQRx and wait for the SQuape xDream!

The only problem is, should one get the SJMY or ShenRay versions?
SMJY
SJMY SQuape X[dream] Style RTA 4ml 22mm Silver Rebuildable Atomizer

ShenRay
focalecig.com - Dream style 4ml RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer by ShenRay - Silver
Well if I was a High roller I would have to get both! But im not, and I dont know either company really... Ill wait till you get one. :p
SJMY looks nice.. Cant tell from pictures.. Will have to do some searching tomorrow..

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
I've been in hospital, we had some high winds and the shed door blew open and hit me on the forehead, knocked me clean out and cut my head open. Woke up in hospital with a banging head and 11 stitches, not a very good bank holiday.

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
I've been in hospital, we had some high winds and the shed door blew open and hit me on the forehead, knocked me clean out and cut my head open. Woke up in hospital with a banging head and 11 stitches, not a very good bank holiday.
Damn bro!! Glad your okay!!! Iv split my forehead open before(Actually by a door), a lot of blood, deff. not fun!!

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Damn bro!! Glad your okay!!! Iv split my forehead open before(Actually by a door), a lot of blood, deff. not fun!!
No bro, it wasn't fun, blood stains all over my new decking too. Gotta jet wash it then stain it, not today though, I still feel a bit weird. Just gonna play with some vaping gear.
Emma has been looking after me, oh and how's ya nuts?

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
No bro, it wasn't fun, blood stains all over my new decking too. Gotta jet wash it then stain it, not today though, I still feel a bit weird. Just gonna play with some vaping gear.
Emma has been looking after me, oh and how's ya nuts?
That sucks bad man!
They are healing lol

pokemom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Lauderhill, Florida, United States
Oh my goodness. I'm glad that you are alright. Glad you woke up in a hospital and came here instead of going to Oz. (you have not had the best luck these past few months, I hope things turn around soon).

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida

Sorry to hear this buddy! Get better soon!!

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota
To me .57 or .5 would feel the same if the wattage was the same, ymmv.
40 watts is safe for a decent (Samsung or LG)18650 battery, many go higher without incident. I push mine to a wicked 10 watts some days. :lol:

It really shouldn't make that much difference, but it does. It seems somehow "less," I'm not sure how to describe it... the first hit after having sat for a while seems like I'm trying to vape it at 10 or 12 watts. Kind of empty, and not much vapor. If it hit it again a few times in a row, the 2nd, 3rd, and beyond are wonderful. Comfortably warm, and good vapor. So I've had to turn the wattage up to 38 to 40 to get a decent hit off of this coil from the outset. The other ones do well at 30 to 35 watts. It's strange, and I always thought that the higher the resistance, the LOWER the wattage needed to be, and vice versa. So it's confusing me. Is it possibly something to do with the spacing on the coil, since it's spaced wider than the stock .5 ohm coils?

I won't worry too much about 40 or even 45 watts, then. It's not like a battery lasts me all day anyway, I'm a vaping fiend, it seems. ;) I just really like the single 18650 mods because of their size, and how easy it is to pop the old battery out and a new one in. It takes literally seconds, so it's very convenient for me. And previously, I never went above 35 watts anyway, so for my "style," they work perfectly.

So if I do one less wrap (a 4/3), will that lower the resistance TOO much? Like am I gonna end up down at .2 or something? Maybe I just have wonky wire? It came with the Coil Master kit, so I ASSUMED it was decent wire, but I guess you never know. I have several other rolls of wire now, both Kanthal and stainless in 24g and 26g. I'll go play around with Steam Engine and see what it says for different wire types and wraps.

@Rixsta take CARE of yourself! I'm glad Em's there to watch over you. :)

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States

Wow bro, not good. Hope ya recover soon!

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida
It really shouldn't make that much difference, but it does. It seems somehow "less," I'm not sure how to describe it... the first hit after having sat for a while seems like I'm trying to vape it at 10 or 12 watts. Kind of empty, and not much vapor. If it hit it again a few times in a row, the 2nd, 3rd, and beyond are wonderful. Comfortably warm, and good vapor. So I've had to turn the wattage up to 38 to 40 to get a decent hit off of this coil from the outset. The other ones do well at 30 to 35 watts. It's strange, and I always thought that the higher the resistance, the LOWER the wattage needed to be, and vice versa. So it's confusing me. Is it possibly something to do with the spacing on the coil, since it's spaced wider than the stock .5 ohm coils?

I won't worry too much about 40 or even 45 watts, then. It's not like a battery lasts me all day anyway, I'm a vaping fiend, it seems. ;) I just really like the single 18650 mods because of their size, and how easy it is to pop the old battery out and a new one in. It takes literally seconds, so it's very convenient for me. And previously, I never went above 35 watts anyway, so for my "style," they work perfectly.

So if I do one less wrap (a 4/3), will that lower the resistance TOO much? Like am I gonna end up down at .2 or something? Maybe I just have wonky wire? It came with the Coil Master kit, so I ASSUMED it was decent wire, but I guess you never know. I have several other rolls of wire now, both Kanthal and stainless in 24g and 26g. I'll go play around with Steam Engine and see what it says for different wire types and wraps.

@Rixsta take CARE of yourself! I'm glad Em's there to watch over you. :)

I forgot what gauge wire you said you used. I think that iSub coils are around 26ga. If you used a thicker wire it will take a little more wattage to ramp the coil up. The reason why your getting better hits after your first one. Thicker wire needs more power to get it up to speed. If you have no problem with higher watts then just boost it up. I think one less wrap will probably lower it from a half to a full ohm.

pokemom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Lauderhill, Florida, United States
@Rixta, in your honor (and hopefully to help you feel better), I set up the Isub V. So far so good!! It comes w/SS 316 coils but I'm using it in wattage mode instead of temp control. The taste is great! It is quieter than the Isub G, but not as quiet as the Isub Apex. I love this top fill as opposed to the fill on the Apex or the S.

Here, the tank was only $15 w/2 coils included. I'll keep you posted.
160b22927e6a73c434fc389af712fe19.jpg

Here's the Isub family (sans the original, which are in my travel box)
eeacaa4b4bd1f7dfcb462a38faf93382.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
I modded the ver 1 RBA decks for the subtank and liked them better than the V2. Never a problem with wicking or leaking on them. Drilled a hole even with the coil and dremeled the base for juice flow. The V2 seemed cheaper and a couple of them the screws stripped out.

Never had a V1. The V2's have been fine for 7 months or so. Only use RBA deck.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
The derringer has been my go to rda since the first time I used one, it's small enough to concentrate the flavor, with enough adjustable air to make just about any build/liquid sing.
Jup same here! Before the derringer, my fav was the nuppin, but now derringer is best.

A nice single coil on the Stumpy works well too.
I'd be interested in trying that if I could find a clone bottom feed one fairly cheap.

I just don't know if I could ever go back to regulated.
Me either. Have had no interest in one since trying my first Reo. Glad you're posting more, I've been the only Reonaut here!

I wish you could see that beautiful coil... It looks better than the stock one! LOL! And it's my very first one I made myself. :banana:
soooooooooooo proud of you!!!!!!!! Wahooooooooooo!!!

Uhmmmm.....s'cuse me........did you not get the memo that this type of behavior is NOT permitted?? Glad you're ok darlin! But since you're not feeling well, be careful.....I'm sure you've got a concussion and they're nuttin to fool with if ya feel wonky. :wub:

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida
@Rixta, in your honor (and hopefully to help you feel better), I set up the Isub V. So far so good!! It comes w/SS 316 coils but I'm using it in wattage mode instead of temp control. The taste is great! It is quieter than the Isub G, but not as quiet as the Isub Apex. I love this top fill as opposed to the fill on the Apex or the S.

Here, the tank was only $15 w/2 coils included. I'll keep you posted.
160b22927e6a73c434fc389af712fe19.jpg

Here's the Isub family (sans the original, which are in my travel box)
eeacaa4b4bd1f7dfcb462a38faf93382.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How's the airflow on the V. I have 2 iSub G's, which I really like, but I find the DLH to be restricted somewhat. Since I've been using the Boreas everything else tank wise, seems like I'm sucking through a straw!

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I'll go play around with Steam Engine and see what it says for different wire types and wraps.
On Steam Engine check the Heat Flux option on the right hand side, it defaults to 10W and you can change it to see how warm or cool that coil for the chosen power will be. I try and keep mine in the 200 range for a good warmth, others like it a bit hotter in the 300's.

Bigger wire usually requires a larger ID on the coil, I always build 24g no less than 3mm. The heat capacity of the coil will vaporize more juice quicker and you don't want to starve the coil.

MMW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2015
NH
Sweet!

Take a pass on the SQRx and wait for the SQuape xDream!

The only problem is, should one get the SJMY or ShenRay versions?
SMJY
SJMY SQuape X[dream] Style RTA 4ml 22mm Silver Rebuildable Atomizer

ShenRay
focalecig.com - Dream style 4ml RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer by ShenRay - Silver
That's looks like a winner to me! Squape with duals/side airflow!

Damn. looks like a recovery/build day for you today. Be well sir!

@MikeyConti what happened to your eggs? o_O

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
On Steam Engine check the Heat Flux option on the right hand side, it defaults to 10W and you can change it to see how warm or cool that coil for the chosen power will be. I try and keep mine in the 200 range for a good warmth, others like it a bit hotter in the 300's.

Bigger wire usually requires a larger ID on the coil, I always build 24g no less than 3mm. The heat capacity of the coil will vaporize more juice quicker and you don't want to starve the coil.

I used 24g Kanthal. At 35W the heat flux was in the 300s somewhere (I can re-do it and see exactly). Just now I plugged it all in the same, except with 26g wire, and it shows only needing 3 wraps. Now, the stock iSub coils only had 3 of the "loops" glowing when I dry burned them. I thought they were 3-wrap coils, but once I took the old one out, I saw it was actually 5, HOWEVER, Rich said he noticed the last wraps on each end were touching the ones just inside them, and said that was why only the 3 in the middle would glow when I fired it. I dunno... but maybe that has something to do with why they're at .5 ohms? Also, there are no screws on these stock coil heads - you just put the rubber grommet back in with one leg inside it and one outside, then put the 510 pin back in and clip the wire ends off as close as possible, then jam the base back on by heck and by gosh. So I have NO idea how long my "legs" are. (Well, MY legs go all the way up, but I don't know how long the coil legs are! :lol:)

He smacked 'em with a tank. I'll have to let him explain the rest... ;)

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
Oh, also (look, she's STILL TALKING), the heat flux according to Steam Engine, with 26g wire and 3mm ID and 3 full wraps, comes out to 620 at 35W (isn't that a little HOT????), and SAYS it should be .5 ohms.

With 24g wire, at 3mm ID, to get .5 ohms it says 5 full wraps, and the heat flux is 309 at 35W.

I'm sooooo confused! :unsure:

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
That's looks like a winner to me! Squape with duals/side airflow!

Damn. looks like a recovery/build day for you today. Be well sir!

Lol heres what I posted on the first page..
ALERT!! I just sustained a Vaping Related Injury!!!

I filled up a Cubis Tank, was under the light checking for any over-fill and dropped it. Upon catching it, I hit myself in the Nuts with it!!!!
DAMN VAPING IS UNSAFE!!!!!! :w00t::lol:/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread