Titanium wires

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamAnd

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2011
Ajax, Canada
I am a little confused at this point in time, I understand everyone is entitled to their opinion and everyone should be. “No disrespect to anyone” I know you cannot hear the tone of my voice, but I was thinking about how cheap wire and wick are even if you are on a budget. One of the reason’s I love re-buildables. We all know that vaping is better for you than smoking but it is not perfect yet! We have all made the decision to take up vaping to improve are health and another 1000 different reason’s but it was a decision that was made. This is such a great thing to have 1000’s of likeminded people to share information with and to discuss vaping of course there will be a difference of opinion from time to time which is human and needed to have serious issue’s brought to light and discussed. I understand dry burning and torching coils is the hot topic right now and I have not done so in some time. The coils I make, I just do not need to but that is just me and everyone is different. I have also mentioned cleaning the wire before you build with dish soap but is that necessary “Not sure” but I still do it. I guess what I am trying to say is be as safe as you can and wait for study’s to be done use some common sense and just keep Vaping. Had a few dry hits today and am trying some new Lime Ricky Test #2 70vg/30pg which is awesome and the juice went brown so I dumped it and cleaned the Tilemahos V2 re-built and been good. Another reason to Love the clear tank. Thanks Adam

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
if you are wondering why you have to clean your wire with soap and water, then I can tell you Adam.

First of all, the person that puts wire in your shipment touches it with his hands and you never know who is touching it. And even more important is the oil of the machines. Wires are made on cnc machines that use machine oil to be made. Do you want a personal experience? I bought 8 km of wire and I had to make smaller rolls for my sellers. While I was coiling the wire to another roll, my hands became totally black and oily in about 2 mins

Reactions: zuTma

AdamAnd

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2011
Ajax, Canada
if you are wondering why you have to clean your wire with soap and water, then I can tell you Adam.

First of all, the person that puts wire in your shipment touches it with his hands and you never know who is touching it. And even more important is the oil of the machines. Wires are made on cnc machines that use machine oil to be made. Do you want a personal experience? I bought 8 km of wire and I had to make smaller rolls for my sellers. While I was coiling the wire to another roll, my hands became totally black and oily in about 2 mins
I understand and your right it's like with any product you don't no where it has been before it has reached you. It just made sense to me and wanted to make sure it didn't change or corrupt any of the flavor of the juices I Vape. Thanks Adam Common sense I hope!

monkkx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2013
paris, abu dhabi
When my kitchenware is super-hyper dirty (like burnt caramel ...), a warm bath of white vinegar with water do the trick ... It removes effortlessly the gunk in the pans ... I have no idea how the different wires materials would react to such a mild acidic solution ... anyone tried ?
I'd prefer a chemical method to remove the gunk, since I'm not very succesful with water/soap method (can't clean the bottom, and tend to mess up with the spires).
I'll make the vinegar test with my current ESG Ti and Ni coils and share the outcome.

steliosss

kindness always repays... be sure of that...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2012
Athens - Greece (GG land)
www.e-smokeguru.gr
Thanks, I know nothing about ultrasonic cleaner, any good one that is not too expensive out there ? Great idea btw.

I'm using AEG USR 5516 Ultrasonic cleaner for the last 3 years for my mods.
It's working hard (10X3 minutes) once a month with obvious results in the threads and contacts!!!
Aal solution (toothbrush and soap) must be first though.

5969_800x600_1.jpg

billypapa

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2011
Greece
www.e-smokeguru.gr
When my kitchenware is super-hyper dirty (like burnt caramel ...), a warm bath of white vinegar with water do the trick ... It removes effortlessly the gunk in the pans ... I have no idea how the different wires materials would react to such a mild acidic solution ... anyone tried ?
I'd prefer a chemical method to remove the gunk, since I'm not very succesful with water/soap method (can't clean the bottom, and tend to mess up with the spires).
I'll make the vinegar test with my current ESG Ti and Ni coils and share the outcome.

White vinegar is the best solution in my opinion.
To use soap is not so good in my opinion because there is a lot of chemical inside and flavors too.

Reactions: steliosss
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread