VIDEO - 2014 Fluxomizer clearomizer is coming, 5 colors, 2 different ohms, Special cone being made, Huge vapor and awesome taste

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuukon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
Wyoming, USA
Hate to say it, but these are back to flooding, so I took one apart to find out what was going on...

The top wick is almost non-existent, maybe a few fibers, and had somehow been drawn inside the vaporizing chamber.

So I made a new flavor wick out of cotton and replaced the one that was in there. So far so good. I'll post back in a bit to see if it has stopped flooding.

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
Hate to say it, but these are back to flooding, so I took one apart to find out what was going on...

The top wick is almost non-existent, maybe a few fibers, and had somehow been drawn inside the vaporizing chamber.

So I made a new flavor wick out of cotton and replaced the one that was in there. So far so good. I'll post back in a bit to see if it has stopped flooding.

Yes thats what it looks like, some of the flavor wicks were to thin or place wrong, on a few. i dont think its rampant as we did test many but it can always happen were a few get passed without checking the line more often, they are aware that a few here have posted and will take every step to alleviate this complelty. This was their first major production run of these and they did a great job but we want them all perfected and we will make sure that happens for all of you

MsBree

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2010
New Jersey
www.precious-pets.org
Yes thats what it looks like, some of the flavor wicks were to thin or place wrong, on a few. i dont think its rampant as we did test many but it can always happen were a few get passed without checking the line more often, they are aware that a few here have posted and will take every step to alleviate this complelty. This was their first major production run of these and they did a great job but we want them all perfected and we will make sure that happens for all of you

Chris...thank you for your prompt attention to this! Any thoughts on what we can do in the meantime with the ones we have that aren't working up to par?

As Kasia wrote, I am totally clueless on how to remove the top metal cap that covers the coil and what to do after that! Pictures or video would be really appreciated! How to remove this cap? Leave off? Will I not be able to lay horizontal due to flooding?

Ryuukon, I have plenty of long wicks from old CE2's, but without detailed pictures or video on how to replace the wick, I'm clueless again!

I so want these to work flawlessly...so if anyone can give me some direction, I'd appreciate it! I'm very confident GV will get this issue resolved for future production runs!

Ryuukon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
Wyoming, USA
badkolo was talking about posting a video of a teardown of the Fluxomizers, was waiting to see if he would. But I'll go ahead and go over it best I can.

When you pull the mouth piece out, you see the very top of the center post. If you look close, it's actually a small cap. Now I used a pair of forceps to pull the cap off, but you could use a small pair of needle nose pliers, or possibly insert a paper clip into the center hole to pry that cap off. Now if you get that cap off, be careful with it. It is VERY small, and if it's been used it's going to be slippery from juice.

Under that cap you will see the wicks. The flavor wick is generally pretty small, less than 1/4 inch in length, and might only be a few strands. Use a pair of tweezers to gently lift those away while trying not to disturb the main wick, which is inside the coil. If there are very few strands, you can try creating a new wick with the silica you have, or if there are enough fibers in the original flavor wick just try to reposition them so they are more centered.

After that, just pop that cap back into place and see if that helped.

MsBree

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2010
New Jersey
www.precious-pets.org
badkolo was talking about posting a video of a teardown of the Fluxomizers, was waiting to see if he would. But I'll go ahead and go over it best I can.

When you pull the mouth piece out, you see the very top of the center post. If you look close, it's actually a small cap. Now I used a pair of forceps to pull the cap off, but you could use a small pair of needle nose pliers, or possibly insert a paper clip into the center hole to pry that cap off. Now if you get that cap off, be careful with it. It is VERY small, and if it's been used it's going to be slippery from juice.

Under that cap you will see the wicks. The flavor wick is generally pretty small, less than 1/4 inch in length, and might only be a few strands. Use a pair of tweezers to gently lift those away while trying not to disturb the main wick, which is inside the coil. If there are very few strands, you can try creating a new wick with the silica you have, or if there are enough fibers in the original flavor wick just try to reposition them so they are more centered.

After that, just pop that cap back into place and see if that helped.

Ryuukon, thanks so much for taking the time to write this all out....you explained the process very well too! :) Your detailed instructions will help others who happen to stumble upon this with the same issue!

I removed cap with paper clip...flavor wick seemed to be center, but I wiggled it a bit anyway...popped cap on, filled and same gurgling...probably even a little worse....so I tossed it!

Wouldn't you know the 5th Flux in this pack seems to be working like a charm....other 4 got tossed already! So it's definitely random, and I know the boys will get this worked out with the next run! :)

Jingles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
Right now, I've decided I have a love-hate relationship with the new fluxomizers, I love the vapor production and flavor I'm getting from these. The small capacity also makes them perfect for testing new juices. I'm hating how the tips are not more tight. They come off in purse and pockets. If they had screw in tips they'd be better!

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I haven't had any problems with the tips coming off but maybe the cones (when they come in) will add support to them in a purse or pocket. Right now I put my setups in a case for protection when I carry them.

Not sure if you like to do DIY Projects.

But if you do, you can File the Top of a Regular Cone to make the Top Diameter Larger to except a CE2 Style Clearo.

Or you can place a piece of Sand Paper on a Flat Surface and drag the Top of the Cone over it like the way you use and Eraser on a Pencil.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Right now, I've decided I have a love-hate relationship with the new fluxomizers, I love the vapor production and flavor I'm getting from these. The small capacity also makes them perfect for testing new juices. I'm hating how the tips are not more tight. They come off in purse and pockets. If they had screw in tips they'd be better!

Sometimes soaking the Seal of the Drip Tip overnight in either PG, VG or an e-Liquid will make the Seal Swell slightly. Making a Tigher Fit.

It will tend to do this on it's own over time. So save you Clearo Tips.

JoAnnW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2012
B'more MD
Not sure if you like to do DIY Projects.

But if you do, you can File the Top of a Regular Cone to make the Top Diameter Larger to except a CE2 Style Clearo.

Or you can place a piece of Sand Paper on a Flat Surface and drag the Top of the Cone over it like the way you use and Eraser on a Pencil.

Thanks for this tip and will give it a try. Luckily, I have some sand paper. I don't know if you've watched the video in the first post, but the new specially made cones have windows/slots in them to easily see the juice level. I'm hoping for something very similar to that especially for the Haka. :)

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Thanks for this tip and will give it a try. Luckily, I have some sand paper. I don't know if you've watched the video in the first post, but the new specially made cones have windows/slots in them to easily see the juice level. I'm hoping for something very similar to that especially for the Haka. :)

When I first started using CE2's, I had the Idea to put a Slot into an eGo Cone to see the e-Liquid Level.

But one of the First things I learned about a CE2 is that it Needs to be "Tilted" when you take a Hit. And Every time I would tilt, I would see the e-Liquid that was left in the Clearo as it Pooled around the White Ceramic Cup. So a Slot in the Cone wasn't all that Necessary.

The Cover in the Vid does Look Cool though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread